IGNORED

Carle Was £1m Then

Uxbridge Red

It doesn't look as though he is meeting Colins expectations, either! :laugh:

he was signed a replacement for Ben Watson, who was expected to leave, but didn't.

be very interesting to see how he does on Saturday given the chance.

Be interesting what/if Gary mentions him in the run up to the game?

We got £1million a profit of 4-600k..for a player..who's now been dropped by his team in our league.

Only Crewe did better business this summer with their sales...

Maynard is a completly different senario, Carle is in his peak at 27 were as Nicky is only 21.

I cant wait untill Maynard starts banging in the goals and silences his growing number of critics.

Maynard is a completly different senario, Carle is in his peak at 27 were as Nicky is only 21.

I cant wait untill Maynard starts banging in the goals and silences his growing number of critics.

Nah i'm a fan of Maynard. I believe he's had a drastic loss of form combined by our non attacking system. I do bel9ieve in his ability.

But, we have so far paid £2million for a championship bench player. As Palace have paid £1 for one.

True, but they both started all ten games in September and October, but this month Carle has only made the bench.

When we lost to Forest 2-0 at Selhurst, Warnock decided to drop Carle and Moses as he felt they didn't perform in the cold weather :rolleyes: . This is depsite them being two of our most creative players, while old cloggers like Matt Lawrence keep getting played because they give 110% despite being utter shite :grr:

Some other fees that I don't think have yet been disclosed are £150,000 for Williams and £5,000 for McCombe!

It wouldnt surprise me if that £5,000 for McCombe was true! I think if it is then that is the best bit of business we have ever done. He's a brilliant centre back and pops up with really important goals as well

As for Nick Carle yes the profit was good but I thought he had something.

He was brilliant for his first couple of games but then went off the boil a bit.

However towards the end of the season when he played in central midfield with marv i thought he looked quite good - whilst i was dissappointed to see him go i think the profit was needed

Maynard will get better with time - He's only 21 and I think that as soon as a couple of goals come (in consecutive games or something) he will be ok. It's the whole confidence/step up/price tag thing - a price like that must be a burden on someone so young

if he can't get in Palace's team, I'd have him back here in a heartbeat.........£500k ok Neil?

Agreed, i think hes a very good player, with the right players around him he is a Premier league midfielder. Palace are the one club he shouldnt have gone to IMO.

At times he was on a higher playing level than a lot of our side last season. Anyone who still has the play off final on tape/dvd etc should watch that game and just watch him.

So we appear to have doubled our money?

I think the article on the main site is the first time the club have put a figure against the transfer of NC?

On reflection it looks like a good bit of business for a player who didn't quite meet upto GJ's expectations.

Getting old I concentrate on womens figures (none under 30 though Nogbad ; ) My short memory says that we bought Carle for about £685 000 and sold him for about £1 200 000. Think the guys attending the training camp in Portugal can tell the figures they were told.

When we lost to Forest 2-0 at Selhurst, Warnock decided to drop Carle and Moses as he felt they didn't perform in the cold weather :rolleyes: . This is depsite them being two of our most creative players, while old cloggers like Matt Lawrence keep getting played because they give 110% despite being utter shite :grr:

That's totally weird thinking. You would think that,coming from a warm climate ,they would perform better on cold days to keep the circulation going.

The £5k for McCombe is definitely true. Apparently Keith Alexander got Jamie to sign a new contract at Lincoln, but knew he was off somewhere (think he went to Grimsby) so he put in a clause that McCombe could be bought for £5k if he wanted to go, intending to come back and sign him for a pittance for his new club, but somehow we managed to find out about the clause and bought him instead!

Archived