IGNORED

Where Do You Think We Would Be?

RedTauntonian

Guest Buster Rimes

We would be yo-yoing up and down between Divisions 2 and 1. John Ward whilst at AG was found out tactically when we went up.

His spell at Wolves may have changed his outlook but back then he was quite naive not bringing in proper defenders.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

You're joking? How can you hae any confidence in someone that admits they've run out of ideas?

Now if we'd have kept Benny I think we would be in Division 1. No Pulis Journeymen in the side, the youth would have been brought on. A decent coach as well as manager - City would be well up there now.

ok, but say.... benny was his num 2?
Which implies that he wouldn't have thrown his toys out of the pram like he did...

I would say that if we had a decent manager and Benny as coach we'd be rooted in Division One quite comfortably.

But that manager isn't John Ward - no-one would have had confidence in him after he had admitted that he's run out of ideas

Back in mid table obscurity in this bloody division, he reached his peak at promotion, we'd be relegated, promoted once than sink back into the mire of Div 2. We'd be better off with Joe Jordan by that logic. At least we stayed up for more than one bloody season, with his team!

This may sound stupid but i never did know why he was booted out?

Who John Ward?

As far as I know, he admitted publicly that he'd ran out of ideas to stop our slide in Division One. The board went and found a director of football/head coach/whatever you want to call him in Benny.

When Ward was told about this he stated that he wouldn't work under anyone, and walked away, leaving Benny as the manager - something that Benny himself admits he shouldn't have been

Archived