IGNORED

Wayne Routledge Gone To Cardiff On Loan

Ashton Great

Getting players like Routledge in seems a waste of time to me, I'm guesing he is on 15k + a week and what is he really going to offer?

The times ive seen him he has reminded me of Sproule, lots of pace and energy but is lacking a final product.

Have to disagree here, I would definately classify Routledge as a player in the "next level" category which is what we are crying out for if we are going to progress further. Definately a different class of player to Sproule who i would be looking to move off the wage bill ASAP.

Valid point about the wages though, but i wouldn't have thought we would pay 100% of his salary.

If he was any good he would not be going out on loan.

Like Frazer Campbell last year and many other players that might not cut it in the prem but are decent at this level.

It is win win situation for Cardiff, he comes and he is shit then they can just get rid, if he is good then they benefit. When you consider our problems on the wings, yes we missed out.

He was very good for Palace even in the Premier League IIRC (Although he might have moved to Spurs before he played in the prem for Palace) the move to Spurs halted his career and he has been unable to break into a strong top 8 Premier League team.

Like Frazer Campbell last year and many other players that might not cut it in the prem but are decent at this level.

It is win win situation for Cardiff, he comes and he is shit then they can just get rid, if he is good then they benefit. When you consider our problems on the wings, yes we missed out.

He was very good for Palace even in the Premier League IIRC (Although he might have moved to Spurs before he played in the prem for Palace) the move to Spurs halted his career and he has been unable to break into a strong top 8 Premier League team.

Fair enough, Cardiff have nothing to lose apart from 10k per week which they don't really have. I don't get how people rate him though, he's just crap, has an appalling scoring record too for a winger, very overrated imo, was shocked when Villa bought him, not one of O'neils best decision.

Fair enough, Cardiff have nothing to lose apart from 10k per week which they don't really have. I don't get how people rate him though, he's just crap, has an appalling scoring record too for a winger, very overrated imo, was shocked when Villa bought him, not one of O'neils best decision.

The only reason people rate him is beacuse he is a house hold name in the prem, he is no better than what we have IMO and like ive said before he is identical to Sproule.

That would have just cleared there debts.....

And, of course, Bristol City don't have any debts.......

No it won't clear Cardiff's debts, but they're vastly improved and they are well justified in taking a player on loan at this point.

Routledge is an example of a player at the crossroads - he can either get his career back on track or become a total waster and drift out of the game.

If he gets back to the form that made him an England under 21 player, he will be an absolute bargain. Dave Jones might just be the man to get him performing again.

And, of course, Bristol City don't have any debts.......

No it won't clear Cardiff's debts, but they're vastly improved and they are well justified in taking a player on loan at this point.

Routledge is an example of a player at the crossroads - he can either get his career back on track or become a total waster and drift out of the game.

If he gets back to the form that made him an England under 21 player, he will be an absolute bargain. Dave Jones might just be the man to get him performing again.

Thats the problem as soon as he starts performing Villa will have him back so it just seems a waste of time getting these players on loan.

For me the negatives out way the positives, of course thress a chance he could come good, but what is he really going to offer in the space of 3 months?. Like i said i don't see what Routledge has that Sproule hasnt apart from Routledges name is slightly more farmilar beacuse he has made a few prem apperances.

IMO Sproule is still worth sticking with, he has shown in flahses what he can do but his confidence is very low due to him becoming a bit part player.

The only reason people rate him is beacuse he is a house hold name in the prem, he is no better than what we have IMO and like ive said before he is identical to Sproule.

Hoover, Selotape, Xerox and...Wayne Routledge! :trumpet: Ya hes a real genericized trademark :laugh:

Agreed, he's no better than what we have, i would sooner recall Super Scotty or play Gavin Williams there than bring in some Cherno Samba on delirious wages.

I hate Cardiff City more than I hate any other club on this planet, however I do admire their ambition.

Only time will tell if Routledge's loan signing pays dividends, it certainly shows willing.

The various rumbles here in Cardiff are that he is on an initial 2 month loan deal, with options to extend until the end of the season, potentially expensive, or potentially a great short term investment should they gain promotion.

One thing is for sure Dave (no smoke without fire) Jones and Peter Risdale have worked the loan system very well over the last few seasons, Koumas, Schmeicel, Chopra, Routledge and the superb Tom Heaton (on loan from Man Utd) are all great loan signings.

If Pulis could manage it (promotion, with loan signings) with Stoke last season then Sir Gary shouldn't have a problem, however Gary's loan signings have to date yet to make a significant impact, IMHO Stern John looked superb against Reading and he could yet be our one loan success under Gary's reign so far, only time will tell. :fingerscrossed:

Archived