IGNORED

Simon Cox

Bris Red

we don't need YET another striker.

True, but with talk of Trundle moving on and Dele's not getting any younger we might be in the market for one come next summer.

I know next summer is a long way off but if Cox carryes on scoring he could be worth a punt, its just a though but he has caught my eye recently.

True, but with talk of Trundle moving on and Dele's not getting any younger we might be in the market for one come next summer.

I know next summer is a long way off but if Cox carryes on scoring he could be worth a punt, its just a though but he has caught my eye recently.

Reading Still sold him though, despite being relegated to the championship and in the knowledge that, Kitson had gone, Lita is a #### and Doyle will be off fairly soon.

All this taken into consideration and yet they still let him leave.

I think that possibly sums up his ability......and Steve Coppell is no idiot, either way, if he gets 25+ this season, your instantly talking £1m+

Half a million or less :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You are hardly in a position to start reejection half a mill bids for players, if we offered anything over 500k you would bite our hands off and so would the player (no disrespect to swindon but Cox would I'm sure love to come here and prove he is good enough for the chanpionship)

If we want him we will get him simple as that........

Defence defence defence defence defence

Midfield midfield midfield midfield midfield

Maynard, Trundle, John, Brooker, Adebola can all score 20+ in league one. It's not a big achievement. We don't need anymore strikers!

Defence defence defence defence defence

Midfield midfield midfield midfield midfield

Maynard, Trundle, John, Brooker, Adebola can all score 20+ in league one. It's not a big achievement. We don't need anymore strikers!

I know we don't need any more strikers and I'm VERY confident Maynard will go on a run and score loads....

He has just caught my eye recently and has looked quite good, as you said its not a great achievment to score goals in league 1 but he COULD be worth a shout come the summer if we can get him cheaplyy

As i said I'm confident our strikers will go on a goalscoring run soon, Maynard's confidence should be bosted with th goal on saturday and fingercrossed he can start and score tomorow :fingerscrossed:

He has just caught my eye recently and has looked quite good, as you said its not a great achievment to score goals in league 1 but he COULD be worth a shout come the summer if we can get him cheaply

He and anyone of the looks like 10 or strikers that hit 20+ in that league. Does he have anything more? I've no knowledge of him tbh.

If he's one to take time he'll get panned like Garner or Maynard have been respectively. Who knows if they'll recover?

The one for me that stands out as a potential signing for us, our style and system is Danny Graham at Carlisle, super work rate and physical presence along with the goals. Plus i thought he didn't look too bad in the Prem when he got his few appearances for Boro. + Free in the summer well August when he's 24.

It is not a striker we need, Its two wingers, with pace, like sproule, but with a good delivery and finishing. I don't know anyone that would be in our budget, but I will keep looking!! :bruce_h4h:

No. But those 2 were the stand out players for Colchester when they were in the Championship. Should be easy enough to attract to our club. I bet those 3 end up in the Championship either in January or at the beginning of next season.

I don't rate Jackson, the other two I wouldn't mind. Think we should do some Premier League buys, like Burnley and Eagles. Stunning spot by their scouts.

I don't rate Jackson, the other two I wouldn't mind. Think we should do some Premier League buys, like Burnley and Eagles. Stunning spot by their scouts.

Yeah i agree. Cant see it happening. Johnson doesn't seem to have that sort of knowledge. He tends to go for players from a lower standard. Routeledge looks like a good bit of business for Cardiff. If they can get him on a permanent basis then fair play to them. If only we could attract that calibre of player.

I think thats a good shout especially when Webster goes back. It only takes one injury, ala Carey and McCoombe this season, and we are a little short at the back.

Would rather have a young lad, wouldn't mind Brown on loan though.

Wayne Brown for one, central defence played 44 times last season for Hull, can leave.

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/7746649.stm

Is a central defender a priority though? That would leave McCombe and Fontaine out in the cold. We've got three excellent central defenders - and Wilson (J) can play anywhere in the back four in an emergency. Would prefer that than signing someone like Brown, who would want pretty big wages. Think there are other priorities at the moment to be honest.

I think thats a good shout especially when Webster goes back. It only takes one injury, ala Carey and McCoombe this season, and we are a little short at the back.

I think a centre half would be pretty low down on our wish list. We have 2 from Carey, Mccombe, Fontaine as our first choice with James Wilson coming through the ranks. I see no point in bringing in players who are (arguably) no better than what we already have at the club which would take up resources that could be better spent elsewhere.

We're crying out for some decent wingers (i'm still confident Mcindoe will recapture last year's form) and a central midfielder first and foremost.

I think a centre half would be pretty low down on our wish list. We have 2 from Carey, Mccombe, Fontaine as our first choice with James Wilson coming through the ranks. I see no point in bringing in players who are (arguably) no better than what we already have at the club which would take up resources that could be better spent elsewhere.

We're crying out for some decent wingers (i'm still confident Mcindoe will recapture last year's form) and a central midfielder first and foremost.

Someone needs to be confident. :surrender:

Archived