IGNORED

Kevin Philips

Atlanta_Red

Anyone have any idea why GJ said that Kevin Philips was never a target for him? I just listened to Philips coming on at Swansea, banging in two goals in 5 minutes to turn a 2:1 deficit into a 3:2 victory. I'm just curious. I'd love to have had him coming on as a sub for us with that kind of impact.

So how did that compare to, say, a Maynard with the transfer fee plus wages, compared to just the wages for Philips, who went to Birmingham on a free?

There was more to it than just wages, he publicily said he wanted to stay in the midlands if he possibly could beacuse his family were settled there etc (hence the reason he was at west brom and Villa before)

Maynard will come good, stick with him :englandsmile4wf:

So how did that compare to, say, a Maynard with the transfer fee plus wages, compared to just the wages for Philips, who went to Birmingham on a free?

Maynard was a long term investment, Phillips only has one, maybe two years left in him. We could still be in the championship, a few hundred thousand down without any sort of asset at the end of the two years if we had signed KP. Maynard should hopefully increase in value if GJ & his team did their homework.

Anyone have any idea why GJ said that Kevin Philips was never a target for him? I just listened to Philips coming on at Swansea, banging in two goals in 5 minutes to turn a 2:1 deficit into a 3:2 victory. I'm just curious. I'd love to have had him coming on as a sub for us with that kind of impact.

Hey Atlanta...Greetings from Chicago.

I guess people way up the risks and make a decision...Lets face it one good hard bang and he could have been a massive draw on wages for nothing. Still big game tomorrow onward and upward

Hey Atlanta...Greetings from Chicago.

I guess people way up the risks and make a decision...Lets face it one good hard bang and he could have been a massive draw on wages for nothing. Still big game tomorrow onward and upward

Greetings to you too. I was up there last week, staying at the Marriott on Dearborn just north of the river, attending a course on Clark and Lake downtown. Wet and drizzly it was too, but the deep-pan Chicago pizza at Pizzeria Uno made up for that!

I'll be listening tomorrow morning!

Roll on the.....

We don't give our forwards the right service crap.

Good stikers will always score goals.

Archived