IGNORED

Gj Cost Us Today...tactics

Shauntaylor85

GJ once again messed around today and cost us a result. After last weeks woeful defensive display v Forest, how Wilson was justifued a start at left back baffles me. I had fully expected Carey to partner McCombe, with Fonts t left back and could not beleive it when i saw the same team picked as last week. Wilson bless him is not a left back and not a Championship player. Warnock is a wily old fox and all the Palace goals came from that side. we looked a very poor side today and have done all season. The reason??? we are too faithful with the players who got us up. The likes of Orr, Johnson, McCombe, Wilson. Just not consitantly good enough at this level. Now is the time to become a Championship club and sign players from the same level or above. It quite frankly baffles me how we didnt swoop for Wayne Routlege this week. The type of player we are crying out for on the flanks. we are a team devoid of pace, flair, and its frankly becoming a worry. GJ says he'll make changes, ok, with the current squad here is the team I'd pick v Watford

Basso

Wilson Carey McCombe Mcallister

Noble Williams Elliot Mcindoe

Trundle Adeobla

That is as good as it gets. How id lust for a Martin Rowlands in midfiled a,ongside our only Prem class player Elliot. A winger with pace and trickery and end product, a real qulaity right back who dosnt get runed every time someone displays a little bit of skill and pace. the quality is out there. GJ bite the bullet. stop keeping faith, thank the lads for th elast two years but take us forward, not backwards, the current crop AINT GOOD ENOUGH!!!! Out with Johnson, Orr, Wilson, Skuse, McCombe. In with established players who may be better known than you. I'm sick of hard owrking players, I want to watch skill and finesse. i want to see goals, i don't want to see a team looking terrified evertime the oppositoon attacks, i want to see us compete physically, we were so weak today. To do this we must bring in three or four established players in Jan. Clubs who look backwards go backwards, don't ruin this club my being kind!!!!

Before I go to bed...its beena long depressing day....i chap told me in the loo at Selhusrst today Trundle is off in Jan. Had a fall out with Lee Johnson, Carey spoke to the Gaffer about it saying LJ aint cutting the mustard, GJ wnet mad and punished LT and LC. Trundle the biggest wasye of talent. Anyone who wnet to Charlton last month saw how good he is. How he was dropped for after Sheff U home game baffles me and begs me to finsih with this comment which will upset the happy clappers. GJ can olny create a side which is hard to beat. Can he take us to the next level??? For me at the moment the answer is no. I hope I'm wrong but he has a lot of work to do. These fans will not stand still. we wqere prmised my SL in the summer a top two finish. don't promise things if you don't think you can acheive them. goodnight.

You're right about Wilson, he shouldn't have been picked today - thought he was poor against Forest and similarly bad today. That said, he has adapted very well this year, and it's a shame to see his form slip. However, a mass clear out of decent players (remember Orr was rated as best championship right-backs by his peers) won't help - and I'm at a loss to know how we're going to stump up the catch for five replacements of proven quality.

Trundle is off in Jan. Had a fall out with Lee Johnson, Carey spoke to the Gaffer about it saying LJ aint cutting the mustard, GJ wnet mad and punished LT and LC. Trundle the biggest wasye of talent. Anyone who wnet to Charlton last month saw how good he is. How he was dropped for after Sheff U home game baffles me and begs me to finsih with this comment which will upset the happy clappers. GJ can olny create a side which is hard to beat. Can he take us to the next level??? For me at the moment the answer is no. I hope I'm wrong but he has a lot of work to do. These fans will not stand still. we wqere prmised my SL in the summer a top two finish. don't promise things if you don't think you can acheive them. goodnight.

I suppose we'll have to be patient and wait for Gary Johnson to take us to the next level next season or the season after. The pressure is on though if Steve Lansdown 'promised' a top 2 finish - I can't remember him saying that but Gary Johnson will now be under enormous pressure to deliver if that was promised.

Guest wheres your caravan??

Great first post agree with most things you say apart from two points.

The first one is Brian Wilson, i think he did no worse than anyone else yesterday and i actualy rate him and i cant understand why every one is jumping on the bandwagon, he is a vital member of the squad.

My second problem with your post is you want mcombe out in january can i ask why? One of our most consitent players IMO.

I have also noticed that no one has question Basso's performance yesterday, he was all over the place coming out for corners and failing on severla occasions only to be saved by the referee, for apparent fouls which i didn't see and nobody else did? i think weale deserves a long run in the team to prove his worth. I love Basso for his attitude but he is not consistent enough, he is poor at coming to collect the ball and so is his communication. Excellent shot stopper i agree, but that is just not good enough.

Off the tarck i would like to mention the police and stewards yesterday. I thought they were to heavy handed with there approach of pushing and shoving. Eventually i blew my top and was removed. Did anybody else experience trouble with this female steward?

GJ once again messed around today and cost us a result. After last weeks woeful defensive display v Forest, how Wilson was justifued a start at left back baffles me. I had fully expected Carey to partner McCombe, with Fonts t left back and could not beleive it when i saw the same team picked as last week. Wilson bless him is not a left back and not a Championship player. Warnock is a wily old fox and all the Palace goals came from that side. we looked a very poor side today and have done all season. The reason??? we are too faithful with the players who got us up. The likes of Orr, Johnson, McCombe, Wilson. Just not consitantly good enough at this level. Now is the time to become a Championship club and sign players from the same level or above. It quite frankly baffles me how we didnt swoop for Wayne Routlege this week. The type of player we are crying out for on the flanks. we are a team devoid of pace, flair, and its frankly becoming a worry. GJ says he'll make changes, ok, with the current squad here is the team I'd pick v Watford

Basso

Wilson Carey McCombe Mcallister

Noble Williams Elliot Mcindoe

Trundle Adeobla

That is as good as it gets. How id lust for a Martin Rowlands in midfiled a,ongside our only Prem class player Elliot. A winger with pace and trickery and end product, a real qulaity right back who dosnt get runed every time someone displays a little bit of skill and pace. the quality is out there. GJ bite the bullet. stop keeping faith, thank the lads for th elast two years but take us forward, not backwards, the current crop AINT GOOD ENOUGH!!!! Out with Johnson, Orr, Wilson, Skuse, McCombe. In with established players who may be better known than you. I'm sick of hard owrking players, I want to watch skill and finesse. i want to see goals, i don't want to see a team looking terrified evertime the oppositoon attacks, i want to see us compete physically, we were so weak today. To do this we must bring in three or four established players in Jan. Clubs who look backwards go backwards, don't ruin this club my being kind!!!!

Before I go to bed...its beena long depressing day....i chap told me in the loo at Selhusrst today Trundle is off in Jan. Had a fall out with Lee Johnson, Carey spoke to the Gaffer about it saying LJ aint cutting the mustard, GJ wnet mad and punished LT and LC. Trundle the biggest wasye of talent. Anyone who wnet to Charlton last month saw how good he is. How he was dropped for after Sheff U home game baffles me and begs me to finsih with this comment which will upset the happy clappers. GJ can olny create a side which is hard to beat. Can he take us to the next level??? For me at the moment the answer is no. I hope I'm wrong but he has a lot of work to do. These fans will not stand still. we wqere prmised my SL in the summer a top two finish. don't promise things if you don't think you can acheive them. goodnight.

that side would not last ten mins with watford...light weight

The first one is Brian Wilson, i think he did no worse than anyone else yesterday and i actualy rate him and i cant understand why every one is jumping on the bandwagon, he is a vital member of the squad.

that's the one I don't get either........EVERYONE knows he's no left back, but he's covered ok, without looking great, personally I think he deserve to keep A place in the team with McAllister's return, however I'd move him to right back over Orr who for me is just not on form.

Archived