IGNORED

Terrible Songs

Snufflelufagus

Well obviously disapointed at the result and how we played yesterday but some of the chants yesterday were terrible.

Where were you at Wembley (well as far as i know we didnt win the playoffs) and worse than that... your just a town full of bombers well for me that is pretty poor not only for the people who lost their lives but also the fact none of the bombers were from London. Some City fans actually need to get an education.

Well obviously disapointed at the result and how we played yesterday but some of the chants yesterday were terrible.

Where were you at Wembley (well as far as i know we didnt win the playoffs) and worse than that... your just a town full of bombers well for me that is pretty poor not only for the people who lost their lives but also the fact none of the bombers were from London. Some City fans actually need to get an education.

Its just the same when people say we are welsh......

Its called banter, however i don't agree with the bomber jokes but to be fair its not just us that sing them to London teams

Its just the same when people say we are welsh......

Its called banter, however i don't agree with the bomber jokes but to be fair its not just us that sing them to London teams

Yep but no won ever died from us being called Welsh. Asides from the bomber one then what was the point of the Wembley song we lost in the playoffs as well?

Yep but no won ever died from us being called Welsh. Asides from the bomber one then what was the point of the Wembley song we lost in the playoffs as well?

And no one ever died as a result of someone calling them a bomber. I didnt hear it and i wouldnt sing it but it was tit for tat.

Just spoke to a friend who listened to the game on world and totally uncharacteristically (as he never comments on these type of things) he mentioned how he could hear the City fans loud and clear and that he was suprised how quiet the Palace fans were considering the score.

Also, I thought that there was nothing wrong with the chants. But it does make me laugh how there is always someone moaning about the chants one way or another at almost every game home or away. Its like football chants need to pass an intelligence test before they are sung or because they might offend someone. They always offend someone and that person always seems to post it on here.

I thought the stewarding was crap but I don't feel the need to chat about it on here.

Just spoke to a friend who listened to the game on world and totally uncharacteristically (as he never comments on these type of things) he mentioned how he could hear the City fans loud and clear and that he was suprised how quiet the Palace fans were considering the score.

Good point that. Considering the decent numbers they had standing to our left, they were bloody quiet! A few times I was really trying to listen to what they were singing but just couldn't hear them.

• Admin

The chant that I heard sung was "We're the famous Bristol City and we've been to wem-ber-ley".

Nothing wrong in celebrating our achievement of getting there which was as a result of beating Palace - hence the reason it was sung, and don't believe any words contained any reference to us winning there (even though we have done).

As for the other chant cant say I heard that or any "similar" chant on Saturday, must of been down to a small group . ..

I didn't go to this game, but it does sound poor, however I think every club does it, it adds to the atmosphere!

The bomber comment is a bit out of line though. :noexpression:

Didn't hear the bomber chant either, definately not widespread.

On another point, the whole inbred "Adams Family" song is a bit stupid at Palace. Let's face it, our fans are far more likely to be inbred than theirs. Maybe best keep that one for Yeovil and Norwich/Ipswich...

On the whole, given the result, didn't think the atmosphere in our end was that bad at all.

Didn't hear the bomber chant either, definately not widespread.

On another point, the whole inbred "Adams Family" song is a bit stupid at Palace. Let's face it, our fans are far more likely to be inbred than theirs. Maybe best keep that one for Yeovil and Norwich/Ipswich...

On the whole, given the result, didn't think the atmosphere in our end was that bad at all.

You've really got to explain that comment mate! Maybe it's because it's Monday, but I can't work that out at all!

:englandsmile4wf:

:englandsmile4wf: Blimey have you only just found that out.They think they are city supporters,but they only let city down and do city no favours at all. :englandsmile4wf:

What were the palace fans singing after every goal?

I was trying to working it out

Have to agree with that "Always Believe"

Where i sit (In The Atyeo) half of them only start believing after we have pulled a goal.

That dirge you heard was glad all over by the Dave Clark 5 (a poor mans Beatles)....it sounded dangerously gay

For gods sake people like you are killing football , shall we not boo the other team , shall we not drink more than a pint before the game , shall we all go to football on public transport so we don't clog up the roads , i really am starting to get dissilussioned with going to football now , don't do this don't do that , moaning at the team management and each other perhaps we should have a list of do,s and donts before we enter the area surronding a football stadium , alot of the older lads will agree with me here football was much more fun in the 70,s and 80,s

Why what was wrong with the stewards??

Seemed ok from where i was.

Despite there being hundreds of empty seats insisted people sat in there correct seats.The group I went with we all brought our tickets at the same time yet are seats were apart. So had issues with the stewards over that.

Despite there being hundreds of empty seats insisted people sat in there correct seats.The group I went with we all brought our tickets at the same time yet are seats were apart. So had issues with the stewards over that.

To be fair to them, they had to take a view on it. You're right, there were empty seats - but it wasn't like there was only a smattering of us and you can imagine there could well have been problems. What's better, in my view, is the stance they took at Charlton - where they asked politely if you could sit in the right seats, but if not, move should someone with that allocated seat asked you to - but I really don't think the stewards were too bad. Some of our fans fing and blinding at them were out of line, but that was a very tiny minority.

To be fair to them, they had to take a view on it. You're right, there were empty seats - but it wasn't like there was only a smattering of us and you can imagine there could well have been problems. What's better, in my view, is the stance they took at Charlton - where they asked politely if you could sit in the right seats, but if not, move should someone with that allocated seat asked you to - but I really don't think the stewards were too bad. Some of our fans fing and blinding at them were out of line, but that was a very tiny minority.
To be honest I just don't like being told where to sit because it says so on a ticket. I've been to most of the away games this season and that's the first time I've been asked to sit in my correct seat. I just told the stewards someone was sat in my seat at Palace so they let me sit where I wanted to in the end. I find if you shout at them etc it just gets there backs up but if you talk to them politely they are OK about it.

To be honest I just don't like being told where to sit because it says so on a ticket. I've been to most of the away games this season and that's the first time I've been asked to sit in my correct seat. I just told the stewards someone was sat in my seat at Palace so they let me sit where I wanted to in the end. I find if you shout at them etc it just gets there backs up but if you talk to them politely they are OK about it.

Yea, I think that's fair enough. But, at the end of the day, they're just trying to do a job.

For gods sake people like you are killing football , shall we not boo the other team , shall we not drink more than a pint before the game , shall we all go to football on public transport so we don't clog up the roads , i really am starting to get dissilussioned with going to football now , don't do this don't do that , moaning at the team management and each other perhaps we should have a list of do,s and donts before we enter the area surronding a football stadium , alot of the older lads will agree with me here football was much more fun in the 70,s and 80,s

Hmm killing football when firstly i actually bothered to goto the game, Secondly i joined in with all the songs execpt the two i mentioned here. Thirdly it wasnt a direct go at people having banter just the fact that none of the songs were thought out. How does making fun of another team losing in the playoffs boast us when we did the same? And also like i pointed out before how can you sing 'your just a town full of bombers' when none of the suicide bombers were from London? None of that chant makes sense.

Hmm killing football when firstly i actually bothered to goto the game, Secondly i joined in with all the songs execpt the two i mentioned here. Thirdly it wasnt a direct go at people having banter just the fact that none of the songs were thought out. How does making fun of another team losing in the playoffs boast us when we did the same? And also like i pointed out before how can you sing 'your just a town full of bombers' when none of the suicide bombers were from London? None of that chant makes sense.

And how many were singing 'small town of bombers'? because I didnt hear anything.

Archived