IGNORED

Positives

tropicalsurfer

All i ever see on this forum nowadays is negativity so i thought let's look at some of the current positives:

• Maynard scoring on Saturday, could this get the ball rolling with a massive boost of confidence for him.
  • Carey is yet to start which i think will strenghten the defence.
  • We have got one of the best keepers in the leauge.
  • We could be getting a nice new stadium
  • We are only 3 points away from the play offs.

Feel free to add me to get more and get some positivity around.

Exactly, no need to panic.

Maynard and Adebola both scored fantastic goals, we have the best clean sheets record, Adebola has assisted 5.

Just the defence we need to worry about.

Exactly, no need to panic.

Maynard and Adebola both scored fantastic goals, we have the best clean sheets record, Adebola has assisted 5.

Just the defence we need to worry about.

Oh wonderfull news, thanks for that, i was feeling like a man on death row, strapped to an electric chair, praying for a power cut, feel much better now :whistle:

Do you think there is any particular reason for this, or is it just one of those things?

The over riding positive for me is, we are playing in the Championship, I can't think of any more.

In part, I think it's one of those things. We had lots of luck last season, won plenty of games by the odd goal. Of course, you make your own luck, but you can't argue that we've been unfortunate this season.

We've also struggled with injuries which has hampered our back four (who've done admirably under the circumstances), and nobody is going to be surprised by us this year.

However, despite all those things, a couple of wins on the bounce would probably put us in the top six.

In part, I think it's one of those things. We had lots of luck last season, won plenty of games by the odd goal. Of course, you make your own luck, but you can't argue that we've been unfortunate this season.

We've also struggled with injuries which has hampered our back four (who've done admirably under the circumstances), and nobody is going to be surprised by us this year.

However, despite all those things, a couple of wins on the bounce would probably put us in the top six.

I share your optimism, (you have to have it to support City!) but realistically, I think we have been found out and need to change or freshen things up and that's what GJ gets paid for.

Do you think there is any particular reason for this, or is it just one of those things?

The over riding positive for me is, we are playing in the Championship, I can't think of any more.

Absolutely. Standing in the away corner on saturday brought it all back to me and how more of us should be thankful that we are now in a prosition of stability, instead of moaning all the time.

Took me back to that game 10 yrs (or so) ago when we lost 2-1 at Palace. We had an average team, a gaffer with no ideas, huge wage bill and bob hope of avoiding relegation in our first year back in the CCC....Every one of those 1000 away fans or so wouldve given anything to have what we now have....

-Best gaffer we've had in years

-A stable club

-A squad that can hold its own, with no worries of relegation

-A squad with potential to improve

As people say, we were massively lucky last season but to demand we go up this year is a shot too far. I'm just chuffed to have a club that is finally cemented in the CCC, no worries of relegation and is primed to push on for the prem....we have GJ to thank for that.

We will get there one day, whats a few more seasons between friends....just so long as we get there?? I'm 34, and this is the first time I can remember that we have a stable club that is slowly on the up...or will that just not do?

Absolutely. Standing in the away corner on saturday brought it all back to me and how more of us should be thankful that we are now in a prosition of stability, instead of moaning all the time.

Took me back to that game 10 yrs (or so) ago when we lost 2-1 at Palace. We had an average team, a gaffer with no ideas, huge wage bill and bob hope of avoiding relegation in our first year back in the CCC....Every one of those 1000 away fans or so wouldve given anything to have what we now have....

-Best gaffer we've had in years

-A stable club

-A squad that can hold its own, with no worries of relegation

-A squad with potential to improve

As people say, we were massively lucky last season but to demand we go up this year is a shot too far. I'm just chuffed to have a club that is finally cemented in the CCC, no worries of relegation and is primed to push on for the prem....we have GJ to thank for that.

We will get there one day, whats a few more seasons between friends....just so long as we get there?? I'm 34, and this is the first time I can remember that we have a stable club that is slowly on the up...or will that just not do?

I posted earlier that people seem to somehow think that our current position is as bad as it could get & sweeping changes could only make things better. In over 25 years supporting City, this is the 1st time I've considered us "settled" at this level - it seems churlish to complain.

Archived