IGNORED

Team For Saturday

SUPER REDS

Been over this with you dozens of times and bored of it now. Every time we give him the ball to feet facing goal he's effective. Every time we hoof it he isn't. It ain't rocket science.

You're right Nibs, it ain't rocket science.....so why isn't Gary Johnson understanding it?

If if we did play to his strenghts, still don't think he would be as effective as some make out. If he was that good, he would have left Swansea moons ago and would have been gracing the Premier League wouldn't he?

A number of prem strikers have made the drop to the championship and have found it hard going.

Guest ashtonyate
Ashtonyate - that's exactly why I want him to play, so we don't hit aimless long balls.

We do have a good enough midfield to play the ball on the floor when Noble is in the middle, and when we've done that we looked the most dangerous. We look like crap when we hit it long at Adebola.

When Trundle first played for city he play up front nearly every ball played to his feet the defender ran around him and got the ball.

That is why he was moved back to play in the hole the way I see it, John (who I think will not be signed ) Maynard & Trundle need to play along side a big man as they find it hard to win the ball in the air and you can't pass ever ball along the ground..

When Trundle first played for city he play up front nearly every ball played to his feet the defender ran around him and got the ball.

We played him up front with Ivan Sproule and Scott Murray and gave him balls at head and chest height prodominantly, he would get shoved in the back as he took the ball and then lose it. When we gave him the ball to feet facing goal he scored, we just hardly ever did it.

That is why he was moved back to play in the hole the way I see it, John (who I think will not be signed ) Maynard & Trundle need to play along side a big man as they find it hard to win the ball in the air and you can't pass ever ball along the ground..

I don't think any player NEEDS to play alongside a targetman, you just have to give them the right sort of service. For Maynard it's through balls on the break and crosses, for Trundle it's ball to feet facing goal. A targetman next to either might make it easier to provide that but it isn't essential. Of course not every ball is along the ground, but when you have to go long you can put it into a channel and chase it like Forest did for example. Their two short arse strikers looked far more dangerous than any of ours have in the last three seasons because they played to their strengths.

I hope, from what I've seen so far, that City do not take Stern on permanently.

If he's not quick thinking enough to put away that late chance then he's not a big enough improvement on our other strikers to justify his high wages.

He just complicates matters and the money could be far better used elsewhere.

If he's not quick thinking enough to put away that late chance then he's not a big enough improvement on our other strikers to justify his high wages.

Overall I agree - occasionally he shows a nice touch or 2 but not enough. I can't see that he adds a great deal more than Trundle or Adebola & like them he's the wrong side of 30.

Throughout his Crewe days Maynard scored goals in clusters - lets hope he goes on a run now. I see no reason why he can't work well with any of Dele, Trundle or Akinde.

I dunno, I think you are being a bit harsh on John.

From what I have seen of him he looks a good all round player who knows where the goal is. The late chance was very difficult and just sat up which gave the defender a chance to knick in and get it away.

I also don't think we'll sign John permanently but even for his high wages he is a good player. He reminds me a bit of Brooker as he gets his shot away, is strong, has good feet and does actually read the game. He can also head the ball as demonstrated yesterday (even though offside). We just don't craete an abudance of chances for him and he has to try and create openings for himself. I would have him up front 9 times out of 10. With who? I'm not quite sure.

I think our money would be better spent on a quality midfielder

I dunno, I think you are being a bit harsh on John.

From what I have seen of him he looks a good all round player who knows where the goal is. The late chance was very difficult and just sat up which gave the defender a chance to knick in and get it away.

I also don't think we'll sign John permanently but even for his high wages he is a good player. He reminds me a bit of Brooker as he gets his shot away, is strong, has good feet and does actually read the game. He can also head the ball as demonstrated yesterday (even though offside). We just don't craete an abudance of chances for him and he has to try and create openings for himself. I would have him up front 9 times out of 10. With who? I'm not quite sure.

I may be being a bit harsh, but he's an experienced player surely brought here precisely to force home chances like that and turn draws into wins.

To my mind Stern John is on trial with us for the extent of his loan and particularly the next 7 games and has to prove beyond any doubt he is worth the high investment in wages his permanent signing would entail.

He must be given the chance to prove himself by playing in all the 7 games and, crucially, must score several goals in that time to convince City fans that he can score goals in this City team, because if he stays the options for other changes will be much more limited.

There aren't any excuses for players in his position and no prolonged settling in period - Stern has to do the business now, he either fits in and scores goals or he doesn't.

I'm not having a go at LT, hasn't played for a few games (or been in the side), comes off the bench last night and now I am being told he should start on Saturday.......am I missing something????

Yes....you missed the game and actually seeing how he performed. Why he hasn't played since Reading prior to last is an ALMIGHT mystery for many as his performances have said he should

Again last night he came on, worked the wing VERY well especially consdiernig he's a forward. Tracked back well, used the ball effectivly and did everything and more that was asked of him.

He'll be on the bench no doubt on saturday, regardless of the fact he should start and players who aren't performing will no doubt start again.

Yes....you missed the game and actually seeing how he performed. Why he hasn't played since Reading prior to last is an ALMIGHT mystery for many as his performances have said he should

Again last night he came on, worked the wing VERY well especially consdiernig he's a forward. Tracked back well, used the ball effectivly and did everything and more that was asked of him.

He'll be on the bench no doubt on saturday, regardless of the fact he should start and players who aren't performing will no doubt start again.

Oh I would agree with you, he should be on the bench as he is a good impact player. I feel that we have two strikers up front that could be the making of a good pairing in Nicky & Stern, which is why Trundle should remain on the bench.

The players who haven't been performing recently should be dropped i.e. Johnson and Macindoe and give williams and sproule a start.

26 2008, 11:52 AM' post=1025297]

Oh I would agree with you, he should be on the bench as he is a good impact player. I feel that we have two strikers up front that could be the making of a good pairing in Nicky & Stern, which is why Trundle should remain on the bench.

The players who haven't been performing recently should be dropped i.e. Johnson and Macindoe and give williams and sproule a start.

Sproule? :dunno:

Not only have you apparently been ensconced amongst your padded cushions on your comfy armchair most of the season, you appear to have become so luxuriantly relaxed that you've nodded off into a dreamworld where Ivan is actually an effective player.

-----------------------Trundle------------------------

Trundle-------Trundle------Trundle----Trundle

Trundle------Trundle-------Trundle--------Trundle

---------------Trundle-----Trundle--------------

Subs

Trundle

Trundle

Trundle

Trundle

Trundle

Player Manager/Coach/Physio/Coach Driver

Trundle

Guest ashtonyate
-----------------------Trundle------------------------

Trundle-------Trundle------Trundle----Trundle

Trundle------Trundle-------Trundle--------Trundle

---------------Trundle-----Trundle--------------

Subs

Trundle

Trundle

Trundle

Trundle

Trundle

Player Manager/Coach/Physio/Coach Driver

Trundle

No not Coach driver we would only get to Birmingham before he had to stop and a new driver was needed

Think some of you are being abit harsh on John! Hes only started 2 games for us and had the ball in the net 3 times fair enough 2 were offside but none (bar maynard) of our other strikers do that! His touch is good, has good vision, hes strong and got a hell of a shot on him! Cant b easy for him to come into a new team then be sub,starter,left out,sub,starter! Think if hes given a good run alongside Maynard they could become a very good partnership!

As for Trundle thought he looked class again last night! Funny how the only person who doesnt wasnt there! :fastasleep:

Think some of you are being abit harsh on John! Hes only started 2 games for us and had the ball in the net 3 times fair enough 2 were offside but none (bar maynard) of our other strikers do that! His touch is good, has good vision, hes strong and got a hell of a shot on him! Cant b easy for him to come into a new team then be sub,starter,left out,sub,starter! Think if hes given a good run alongside Maynard they could become a very good partnership!

As for Trundle thought he looked class again last night! Funny how the only person who doesnt wasnt there! :fastasleep:

What did he do?

What did he do?

My god! I realise you have a personal problem with him! But can you not read other peoples responces to that question! Mine will be the same! For some reason you choose to ignore the voices of the fans who witnessed the game! I don't understand why!

Whats the argument that your using? That the comentater only mentioned his name 4 times??

I was there I saw him raise the atmosphere and the team! I saw him improve our attacking threat down the left! I saw him take on his defender and cross! i saw him draw three defenders to him when he had the ball creating space for others! I saw him track back half the pitch to tackle there winger and then dribble it back up the pitch,leaving there winger looking shit! What did you see?Nothing! :disapointed2se:

My god! I realise you have a personal problem with him! But can you not read other peoples responces to that question! Mine will be the same! For some reason you choose to ignore the voices of the fans who witnessed the game! I don't understand why!

Whats the argument that your using? That the comentater only mentioned his name 4 times??

I was there I saw him raise the atmosphere and the team! I saw him improve our attacking threat down the left! I saw him take on his defender and cross! i saw him draw three defenders to him when he had the ball creating space for others! I saw him track back half the pitch to tackle there winger and then dribble it back up the pitch,leaving there winger looking shit! What did you see?Nothing! :disapointed2se:

Well GJ was there too so if all of the above is true and LT was as good as everyone is making out then he will start vs Preston

Time will tell i guess

Basso

Orr Carey McCombe McCallister

Wilson Noble Elliott Trundle

Maynard Adebola

Subs:Mccindoe,Sproule,Fontaineetc

thats a nice line up only douth would be ORR and wilson need LJ in the center no that G J see we can manage without him ,Trundle left yes,Adebola up front with john

Out of interest Belfast, why do you dislike Trundle so much? Considering you have seen him 7? 8? times?

I don't dislke LT, never said I have. You don't know how many times I have seen him, or how often I am Bristol and attend games. But I am not on here to justify how much of a fan I am, just expressing my opinion. Which, might I add is shared by others on here who do attend week in week out, but I am singled out because of my location.

What bugs me is the razamataz that surrounds him, he can do know wrong etc. But GJ sees some of what I see so I am happy o carry on giving my opinions :innocent06:

1) Raise the atmoshpere - Did that win us the game?

2) Improve our attacking threat - In what way?

3) Drawing defenders to him - did that space result in a goal?

4) Track back to help our defence - WOW, no other player in that position every does that :noexpression:

5) Dribble the ball back up the pitch making the winger look shit! - Did he create a chance for us with this run?

You see NOTHING

1) Raise the atmoshpere - Did that win us the game?

2) Improve our attacking threat - In what way?

3) Drawing defenders to him - did that space result in a goal?

4) Track back to help our defence - WOW, no other player in that position every does that :noexpression:

5) Dribble the ball back up the pitch making the winger look shit! - Did he create a chance for us with this run?

You see NOTHING

sodburyred saw everything, it is you, oh comatosed armchair dwelling Trundle knocker who saw absolutely nothing.

Mind you even if you had managed to get to AG, your negative opinion appears unshakeable and doubtless you still wouldn't have a good word to say about Trundle anyway.

Many posters have now explained in detail what Trundle adds to the team and how he affected the game, and the atmosphere, even in the short period he was on the pitch last night.

Settle back down in your armchair, put your hands over your ears, cover your eyes with your sumptuous bean bags and ignore the evidence of fair minded fans who relate to you what they have seen with their own eyes.

Then you can emerge refreshed to have more fun wearying us all with your ill informed, long distance, and obstinate criticism of Trundle all over again tomorrow. :sofa:

I could run off the ball and chase back........most players have that ability you know :innocent06:

I wasn't stating what LT did, I stating what you fail to see when relying on radio comentary, but anyway looking through the thread no matter what LT does or what people who actually attend the match say, if it doesn't fit in with your idealology of what you percieve to be LT's contribution to the team, it's not good enough.

I don't dislke LT, never said I have. You don't know how many times I have seen him, or how often I am Bristol and attend games. But I am not on here to justify how much of a fan I am, just expressing my opinion. Which, might I add is shared by others on here who do attend week in week out, but I am singled out because of my location.

Nothing to do with location, it's because you have strong opinions and are unpersuadable even though you freely admit you haven't been to the game. :sofa:

Archived