IGNORED

Mcindoe

BS3_RED

2 wins in 10 at home. not very entertaining style of play. a player openly slagging off their team mates. surely a few fans letting off a bit of steam in the heat of the moment isnt really worthy of discussion with these factors in the mix.

bring back the terraces. if its not racist or down right sick who cares what comes from the stands. I'm more worried about the way we are playing than wether a couple of hundred people cheer when a player gets subbed. i am sure he will console himself with his 5, 6, 7k a week or whatever it is he is on whilst the rest of us have to fork out sometimes 10% of our weekly wage to watch sub standard stuff that has been on offer in most of the home games this year!!!!!

MM come accross as the sort of person who thinks the world of himself so his confidence is not going to be damaged by this.

Agreed.

GJ has cut McIndoe more slack than anyone this season to allow him to rediscover a bit of form - Yes, including the target of most criticism - and he just hasn't, so quite rightly, off he goes. Why not just regard any cheering as the crowd showing their approval of GJ's decision rather than a personal attack on McIndoe.

IMO McIndoe is very fortunate to be starting games at the moment - and doubt very much that he could be effective as an impact player off the bench either - nothing wrong with GJ letting him know that his place isnt guaranteed.

If he scores the winner at PNE then he may well do.

It wont be from the penalty spot thats for sure

Thought he looked very disinterested last night and missed a couple of great chances (as he did against Forest)

The one after 10 seconds was the worst IMO because he appeared to be just jogging into the area not really forcing himself ahead of the defender to get to the ball first - in fact my first impression was that he didnt even realise Maynard had slipped it through to him

To me - This has opitomised his attitude since he didnt become a prem player last May

As for cheering his substitution -

It's ok to be holy and state "never boo your own" but how else are people expected to show their distain for his performance and as for sugesting its the new ST holders...do you think they never came to AG before.....course they did...just have ST now instead of pay on day

IMO he deserved it and I hope he thinks about it while driving around in his new Bentley which we paid for and it makes him buck his ideas up for PNE - If of course GJ keeps him in team

Why not just regard any cheering as the crowd showing their approval of GJ's decision rather than a personal attack on McIndoe.

I think you will agree that they both amount to the same thing. I didn't hear any jeering from the Williams, but I do admit that McIndoe's body language does indicate that he is not giving 100%.

Guest bigcheese
There was loads of ironic cheers for mcindoe when he came off which i find disgusting, he had a poor game but you don't ironically cheer 1 of your players if they are coming off

The ironic cheering was pretty obvious. I'm not interested, just get behind em!! To be honest I'm sure

the players ignore it and know in themselves anyway if theyve had a good or bad game... but I often

wonder what the visiting fans think about this kind of thing..seems embaressing.. or do all teams do it!?

The ironic cheering was pretty obvious. I'm not interested, just get behind em!! To be honest I'm sure

the players ignore it and know in themselves anyway if theyve had a good or bad game... but I often

wonder what the visiting fans think about this kind of thing..seems embaressing.. or do all teams do it!?

Tottenham fans were ironically cheering their own keeper Heurelho Gomes whenever he caught the ball the other day, even the commentator remarked on the bizarre form of support.

It does grate a bit with me, tbh, as much as I do subscribe to the values of individual choice/libertarianism and what-have-you on the whole I am firmly routed in the traditional Footballing ideology that it's the opposition you take the piss out off and your own team you get behind.

With the warm reception gifted the anti-ChristBCFC Hollowhead by some last season I'm becoming most confused by it all, post-modern Football fanaticism's bloody lost on me I tell thee.

any player who falls short of giving everything they have, and i mean, giving a real blood and guts display week in week out should expect to get a bit of stick if they do not come up to scratch. players like louis and dele who leave everything on the pitch are the only ones who should be immune to this. MM clearly has fallen well short of that this season. why shouldnt fans vent there displeasure at players, why should we blindly mollycoddle them when they clearly arent doing the business for us. GJ gives them a blast when he sees fit why shouldnt we excercise our right to make our feelings known. we are not blind, we are not sheep.

i agree it is not good to get on the players backs to early and to give the opposition encouragement, but performances havent been good enough for sometime so on the flip side if you get apathetic and allow the players to become too comfortable and enjoy adjulation when they arent doing enough then where do you find yourself??? the rugby ground thats where. remember them chairing garry thompson off the pitch as a hero after he had just got them relegated?? do we want that here?? that will never happen at AG and rightly so. never accept second best. i am proud city fans don't do that. its wrong if people get too personal but we should let them know when we are not happy as the alternative is far more dangerous!!!

Archived