IGNORED

Basso

BS3_RED

I'd tend to agree that shipping 10 goals in 4 games plus 3 very dodgy incidents tonight is a reason to give Weale a run, but I'd be cautious about making another change so soon after completely switching the back four.

Probably the hardest position in the team to change, but he doesnt seem to be having the best of times at the moment and maybe Weale needs his chance.. Weale is a quality keeper and he could do an excellent job for us, trouble is Basso is almost legendary to alot of fans and as you say, makes impossible saves look so easy at times..

I'd tend to agree that shipping 10 goals in 4 games plus 3 very dodgy incidents tonight is a reason to give Weale a run, but I'd be cautious about making another change so soon after completely switching the back four.

I actually agree with you on this!!

On balancen I'd stick with Basso. It's tough on the one not in the side but I'd only change keeper as a last resort. Earlier in the season we mixed & matched & all that happened was both became error prone. Basso "got away with it" tonight no doubt, but ultimately no harm was done.

I'd be very wary about changing goalies at the moment. Basso is not having the best of times at the moment but we need to try and keep a bit of continuity in the team. Pick your eleven best players, pick the formation you want to play, and go with it for more than 1 or 2 games.

It's only been 3 games. Christ if Harry is sticking with Gomez I think we can 'put up' with Basso a few more games! All keepers have blips, if we are still leaking goals the other side of Xmas then I'd agree.

But if we were going to replace every player for not playing to their full potential after a few games off the boil no players would have any confidence

It's only been 3 games. Christ if Harry is sticking with Gomez I think we can 'put up' with Basso a few more games! All keepers have blips, if we are still leaking goals the other side of Xmas then I'd agree.

But if we were going to replace every player for not playing to their full potential after a few games off the boil no players would have any confidence

You also have to remember that Weale has played very well in several games this season and was dropped for one mistake. If we want to keep two quality keepers they must be treated the same or one will lose interest and eventually move on.

I believe that it would be good for both Basso and Weale if the change was made now as I am sure that Basso would come back to the side playing the way that we all expect of him,

It's not a case of dropping a poor keeper it's the opportunity to give another very good keeper a chance.

but ultimately no harm was done.

Got to disagree there - I felt Basso should have saved their goal. I realise it was well placed in the corner but he was an awful long way out and for any keeper to get beaten from there when he has a clear sight of the ball is disappointing.

I still wouldn't drop him though, his moments of brilliance far outweigh the odd mistake that he (and all other keepers) make.

Got to disagree there - I felt Basso should have saved their goal. I realise it was well placed in the corner but he was an awful long way out and for any keeper to get beaten from there when he has a clear sight of the ball is disappointing.

I still wouldn't drop him though, his moments of brilliance far outweigh the odd mistake that he (and all other keepers) make.

I wouldnt agree with that, I was sat right behind the goal. it was well hit, with curl and nestled into the bottom corner. I dont think you can blame him for that.

My Mrs said when I got in (after seeing it on the news) what was Basso doing for the goal? and she is never wrong.

He'd still be in my team in front of Weale.

Archived