IGNORED

Fa Rule Changes

easton boy

Just read this on the BBC website

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7749915.stm

Subject to ratification from the Football League Clubs, We will have to have 4 players who have come through our Academy in the 16 man match day squad.

The players would of had to been with us for 3 years before their 21st birthday, but not as previously suggested necessarily English.

Wouldn't have thought it had a chance in hell of getting passed by the Clubs - but who knows?

Ribiero, James Wilson, Fonts, as a definate three, and lots of options for the fourth .

We'd be OK

:englandsmile4wf:

Yes I had thought of those, dunno about Skuse?? or Carey???

But of those three you mention not one made the last two benches, let alone the starting team.

I know it is a year to go and they have time to develop, but it WOULD restrict GJ's selection options and we could probably see some of those NOT brought up from the Academy system(or purchased at an early age), be excluded from the 1st team set up.

It would also have, and will, limit players like Akinde, who, although 19(?), would still not qualify as a home grown player.

We will have to have 4 players who have come through our Academy in the 16 man match day squad.

The players would of had to been with us for 3 years before their 21st birthday, but not as previously suggested necessarily English.

Just reading it and I don't think they necessarily have to have come through OUR accedemy.

"A player would be deemed "home grown" if he is registered for three entire seasons (or 36 months) prior to turning 21 with a club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales. "

So I think it could include any player that meets this criteria, so this could be somebody we buy in who is 27 providing they are classed as home grown based on the criteria above. I think?

Just reading it and I don't think they necessarily have to have come through OUR accedemy.

"A player would be deemed "home grown" if he is registered for three entire seasons (or 36 months) prior to turning 21 with a club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales. "

So I think it could include any player that meets this criteria, so this could be somebody we buy in who is 27 providing they are classed as home grown based on the criteria above. I think?

Looks as though you aren't so drunken this afternoon Mark.Good spot.

Guest ashtonyate
Looks as though you aren't so drunken this afternoon Mark.Good spot.

It a step in the right direction I would also like to see a proper value put on youngsters if they decide to go to another club as now the club they go to get of lightly in compensating the producing club

They never maked things crystal clear do they, although i read it differently

a club being just one club the player is registered with for that 3 year qualifying period. .......

this would still leave you with 12 'imported' players for your squad, if you so wished. but taken in conjunction with, the amount of loan players you can have in your matchday squad, would mean that clubs like Norwich would be stuffed.

it would also stop the larger clubs hoovering up the best young Talent, in Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelski's case, it would not be as easy for them to loan out all their starlets. they would have to sit them on their bench to enable their legions of foreigners to play in the team ( watch the numbers of young English keepers appear on the bench then, little chance of being called on to play, but there to make the 'home grown'numbers up ).

:tumbleweed:

Archived