IGNORED

Jamie Mccombe

Jordan Tansley

i know it sounds ridiculous but i think he needs to be dropped and taught how to pass a ball on the floor.

don't get me wrong, he is a good defender(scary but good) but when he plays we bypass midfield. its not like his long balls are any good, there aimless and usually aimed at nicky :noexpression: at least when carey feels the need to pump it, he sticks it diagonal into a chanel so sumone can run onto it rather than just hit it at a foward.

we looked good in midfield tonight, and we had our best pairing up front, but what is the point in having noble and johnson, good players who can spot a pass on the floor if boom boom is just going lump it? i mean maynard showed yesterday that he has the ability to make run's and so does stern(he was quite rubbish last night!) so why not let our midfield have the bloody thing.

jamie mccombe for all his strength and ability in the air is probably the worst footballer ive ever had the displeasure of watching... with the ball at his feet he looks and acts like he has some sort of mental health issue.

surely GJ notices how ineffective we are when the ball is AIMLESSLY pumped up field... surely he should be coaching mccombe how to roll the ball to the full back or even to Mr always gives an option Johnson????

just pissed me off last night thats all

Good Post, surprised its had no replies ! Suppose the manager, whatisname, weighs up Boom's strengths ( set pieces, general defending) against the strengths and weaknesses of Carey (slow but reads game well,great attitude ),Fontaine ( lethargic, concentration problem but good/confident on ball ),Wilson ( lacking experience, but quick and full of potential) and Webster ( experienced but generally crap ). None are the best in the Division, but apart from Webster they aint the worst !

Guest bigcheese

He is a pretty solid defender, if in doubt get rid of it. Not amazing but does the job, better than messing about and losing it.. When he was injured everyone missed that, I agree you don't so many nice-ities but thats defenders I guess?

Maybe its a problem with the midfield rather than McCombe, dunno...

This is where Lee Johnson is SO vital. When LJ got injured last season (Before Nick Carle came into the team) we missed him, because the defenders had no one to take the ball off of them and they hit it long. The biggest culprit was boom mccombe. Every time he hit it, you knew it was going for a goal kick or through to the keeper.

If McCombe is playing we must play LJ, or someone who takes the ball from the defenders as he does. Otherwise we wont be able to retain possesion.

i agree, but lee played tuesday and boom boom still pumped it long :noexpression:

if mccombe had a little bit of composure i spose he would be playing a touch higher than this, but its just so annoying when its simple to see that against teams like watford if we had kept it on the floor more we would have probably created a few more chances for Nick and stern

i agree, but lee played tuesday and boom boom still pumped it long :noexpression:

if mccombe had a little bit of composure i spose he would be playing a touch higher than this, but its just so annoying when its simple to see that against teams like watford if we had kept it on the floor more we would have probably created a few more chances for Nick and stern

He will still do it, but if LJ does not play he'll do it alot more :noexpression:

Stoke away last season stuck in my mind - I kept saying to my mate, as boom was hitting it "I bet this goes through to the keeper" and every time it did.

So, why were we top after 38 games and fell away when he got injured??

Did you go to stoke last season? please don't act like a c*ck. if you don't agree with me, at least say why.

Lee J will never get recognition from our fans as he does not tackle enough and is to small, When the whole team plays well LJ is one of our more effective players, however when we play poorly (which we clearly are at the moment) he is made to look worse than he is, In LJ defence at least he never hides in the game and will always be looking to recieve and make a pass.

As for Mccombe, you have to take him for what he is which is a reliable defender who is poor with the ball at his feet but will also score you a few vital goals a season, he causes problems in the box and rarley gets beaten in the air. I'm more than happy to keep him there as we have other footballers who should be able to make a pass to unlock a defence, this is not McCombes job

Lee J will never get recognition from our fans as he does not tackle enough and is to small, When the whole team plays well LJ is one of our more effective players, however when we play poorly (which we clearly are at the moment) he is made to look worse than he is, In LJ defence at least he never hides in the game and will always be looking to recieve and make a pass.

As for Mccombe, you have to take him for what he is which is a reliable defender who is poor with the ball at his feet but will also score you a few vital goals a season, he causes problems in the box and rarley gets beaten in the air. I'm more than happy to keep him there as we have other footballers who should be able to make a pass to unlock a defence, this is not McCombes job

yes, but how can those people who's job it is to unlock defences do it if they are frequently bypassed??? surely that is impossible?

in my opinion we will never be a fluent attacking side that scores goals with mcombe in the side... unless he gets a serious coaching course about how to play football!

I personally think that mccombe is one of the reasons we have progressed so far in the last couple of years, you couldnt say he passes a ball like glenn hoddle, but all teams need someone to literally put their head where it hurts and he is very strong in both penalty areas. If we have got issues with the lack of free flowing football there are other areas that need to be looked at in my opinion.

Archived