IGNORED

Not Beaten A Top Half Team.

old_man_terry

Just had a look today at the league table today and noticed something.

We haven't beaten a single team above 16th in the division, only teams we have beaten this season are the strugglers such as Coventry, Blackpool, Norwich, Southampton, Watford, Charlton and Donny.

Perhaps we are actually in the RIGHT position and the table and right now a push at all for the play-offs just isn't capable given the players we have in our squad.

Too many players over-achived last season in a weaker division and feel that now, Gary and the Team have been found out, hopefully we will see a few faces coming and going in the January Window and I'd personally expect to see some regulars/squad players leaving.

Players such as Brooker, Murray, Sproule, Orr, Myrie-Williams, Johnson and Noble have all done well to get us to and/or establish us in the Championship, however for me majority of these players just aren't capable of pushing us on for the Play-off/Promotion push the manager and chairman apparently want?

Views? Harsh......Fair.....Stupid?

We haven't beaten a single team above 16th in the division, only teams we have beaten this season are the strugglers such as Coventry, Blackpool, Norwich, Southampton, Watford, Charlton and Donny.

Perhaps we are actually in the RIGHT position and the table and right now a push at all for the play-offs just isn't capable given the players we have in our squad.

Too many players over-achived last season in a weaker division and feel that now, Gary and the Team have been found out, hopefully we will see a few faces coming and going in the January Window and I'd personally expect to see some regulars/squad players leaving.

Players such as Brooker, Murray, Sproule, Orr, Myrie-Williams, Johnson and Noble have all done well to get us to and/or establish us in the Championship, however for me majority of these players just aren't capable of pushing us on for the Play-off/Promotion push the manager and chairman apparently want?

The even bigger dissapointment for me is we haven't played well or really competed against a top team.

I think you are right.

I thought last night illustrated perfectly where the team is at the moment and the one concern I have is that in my view need to strengthen to stand still as well as to move forward. The midfield is clearly an area that needs to be inhanced in order to compete. I'm affraid the issue with strikers has provided a side show for where the real issues lie. I also beleive that many teams have also found out that whilst being very adept at clearing high balls into the box, when the ball is played on the ground and at pace, the defence do strugle and could do with some pace of its own to counter this. Brian Wilson playing in his natural postion of right back may help.

But Elliott desperately needs some assitance and the team needs more options at both left and right side of midfield. I would like to feel that Noble still has a part to play but I have to admit I was disapointed with his contrabution off the ball, which at this level is almost as important as when City are in possestion. And this is the crux of our midfield, we have plenty of similar players who are Ok ish when on the ball but go missing when without it.

Elliot was so effective last season when he tackled high up the pitch, I lost count the number of times he intercepted and set the forwards away and directly in on goal. At the moment there is to much desperate tackling in and around our 18 yeard box (or not as was the case for the Watford goal last night) and even when we win the ball we end up playing the ball in front of the other team as they have opportunity to get men back beind the ball.

By the way as I posted the other night success by overachieving is no bad thing I think we should grab success in any way it comes and accept and expect it.

'fraid to say, most teams have improved, and at best we've stood still. To many many players are off their game, Basso making errors, Fontaine,Johnson,Macca,Elliot does need help in midfield but looks to be carrying more wight after his injury so he aint getting around the pitch as much as last year, Williams no better than Carle, Sproule's lightweight, We don't know our best forward partnership. But, Maynard looks like he may be getting into it, and who knows what 10 million can do in January - not that we'll find out!!

Archived