IGNORED

Loan Enquiries

Belfastcityfan

After reading the bit about Steve Brooker, I'd be inclined to pay up his contract. Nice bit of confidence building for Wilson when he states that he'll get another RB in if Orr goes in January..

Says on the OS that GJ has made some loan enquiries, but would prefer to stick with what he has.

What positions is he looking to fill, or is this mind games to gee up our current crop?

we need a right back, centre/right midfielder and keep Myrie-Williams to put pressure on Mcindoe

After reading the bit about Steve Brooker, I'd be inclined to pay up his contract. Nice bit of confidence building for Wilson when he states that he'll get another RB in if Orr goes in January..

True, Brookers comments said it all. I like the guy and he could do really well in this league but he just can't stay fit!

As for Wilson, he now has the opportunity to cement a place in the defence, but your right, won't do his confidence any good

I'd guess that the comment about right back might be a loan as cover rather than a permanent signing. Ribeiro will be back next year after all.

Looks like Brooker is on his way too, pity but inevitable now.

I'd hope the loan enquiries were for central midfield and the left side.

I don't see why it would do Wilson's confidence any harm? Surely it's common sense that you can't be left with one player for each position?

The Brooker comment is ODD to say the least, he's basically refusing to go out on loan? not the best way to impress your manager

as for Wilson, personally I think he's more than a good enough replacement, he just needs a decent run in the team at right back, which he's never been given the chance to have.

This makes me nervous. Seems like GJ is not pushing for midfielder or right wing.

I am sorry but Brian Wilson has know where near enough quality to be a first choice right back in the championship, some seem to really rate him and I cannot work out why, he pulls out of tackles cannot head, his passing is not great and his positional play when defending counter attacks is awful, I tell you we are in trouble down the right when we have just Wilson and Sproule as right sided players ( I do not count Noble and Williams as they are obviosuly central midfielders).

I am sorry but Brian Wilson has know where near enough quality to be a first choice right back in the championship, some seem to really rate him and I cannot work out why, he pulls out of tackles cannot head, his passing is not great and his positional play when defending counter attacks is awful, I tell you we are in trouble down the right when we have just Wilson and Sproule as right sided players ( I do not count Noble and Williams as they are obviosuly central midfielders).

Come on, I thought we had stopped all the Lee J bashing posts.

Oh, you were describing Brian Wilson!

Says on the OS that GJ has made some loan enquiries, but would prefer to stick with what he has.

What positions is he looking to fill, or is this mind games to gee up our current crop?

I think the left back spot needs urgent attention. McAllister is an accident waiting to happen and for all of Wilson's commitment and enthusiasm, he's just an average midfielder filling in.

Seems to me that we're three players shorter now, and yet Gary Johnson wants to stick with what he's got ?!!

Crikey we need some new faces to freshen things up a bit. Somebody who can get to the by-line and gets crosses in (not crosses from 35 yards out)

I would have thought a centre midfielder is high on his list of priorities.

We have Elliot, LJ, Williams, Noble, Skuse and Artus available.

Skuse and Artus are at the bottom of the list with Noble and Williams not given a chance there.

Noble was our midfield general after GJ took over, but the following season after LJ was signed Noble has not been given a chance at his former successful position......... I for one would like to see him given a chance at center midfield . It might work again.

Guest RobbieTurner

Its called competition.

Archived