IGNORED

Chris Weale

WarksRed

Strange one... not sure what's going on there. Weale does deserve first team football though so I really hope he does well there. Just hope it's not with a view to a permanent move unless we've got a young Premier League quality keeper on his way in or something... Kasper Schmeichel seems to be struggling at Man City.

it would appear that basso is one of johnsons untouchables, no matter how bad he plays or even if he"s injured he will always be picked ahead of weale. chris weale is a much better goalkeeper than a constant loanee to some club in trouble. if i was chris i"d be in johnsons office asking where i stand in this club.

It seems that GJ feels much more comfortable with Basso between the sticks (as do I)

Weale has never kept a clean sheet for us in a league game he has started. Although thats probably an unfair comment as he certainly hasn't had the run in the team he has probably deserved.

I agree this does seem strange, we all know Basso is prone to injury and GJ hinted that Henderson wasnt quite ready to step in.

I wonder if we have a 24 hour recall option.........

Fat lot of good that is during a match though! Strange timing, just when the feeling is that Basso is losing the grip on his place he grabs it even tighter. Maybe this is to boost his confidence and also remind him not to get complacent as a fit keeper is only a recall away? Although Weale does need games I agree.

It does say on the OS that the regulations have been overcome or something like that so there must be some sort of call back clause.

It does say on the OS that the regulations have been overcome or something like that so there must be some sort of call back clause.

GJ said tonight he had a chat with the F.A., and although there's nothing in writing, the F.A. said they have never refused a keeper recall request when the first choice has been injured.

So there is an unofficial but definite immediate recall understanding with the F.A.'s blessing.

GJ said tonight he had a chat with the F.A., and although there's nothing in writing, the F.A. said they have never refused a keeper recall request when the first choice has been injured.

So there is an unofficial but definite immediate recall understanding with the F.A.'s blessing.

Well knowing our luck when we come to recall there will be problems, get it in writing Gary!

Also I can remember Basso on at least 3 occasions have to be subbed during a match due to injury. Previous to this I can hardly remember when this happened, and I suppose we did play a lot games without a sub 'keeper. Very early on Tuesday Basso was looking over at the bench holding his leg and I though 'here we go again'. Luckily he was ok. So I assume we are going to put Henderson on the bench now. Although Weale does need matches this hardly fills me with confidence with its timing.

Archived