IGNORED

Current Position

mightyreds89

My current view on procedings is as follows,

We are now in need of a right back as well as a right midfielder our current right sided players Sproule and Wilson are not good enought for regular championship football. I do not count Noble or Williams as right sided as they are central players. Wilson is a good league one player but not championship, poor positonal sense, pulls out of a lot of 50/50's not good in the air and is poor at defending counter attacks. Sproule has been done to death- not good enough.

At centre back I am amazed that Fontaine was demoted in preference of McCombe, I like McCombe but too man long balls from the back, lack of place and can be very flat footed, Fontaine for me is so far our best player this season not as good as McCombe in the air but pace, passing and tackling as good.

Midfield we do not have enough physical presence here our only midfielder with a competitve presence or can knock someone off of the ball is Elliott, I think this coincides with Elliott not looking like the player he did last year as he is fighting on his own, central playmaker who is big and strong is a must. Until then has to be Noble and Elliott purely because Noble even though not big can shield a ball, he drifted in central 2-3 times on Tuesday and played 2 great balls through to Mcindoe and Maynard (both of these players need this sort of service, through balls and balls played wide and in fornt of them as opposed to sideways). Wide right for me we have no option here I would have liked Sinclair on loan that would have given us a different option, so for now has to be Williams or Myre Williams.

Up top we need to get Brooker off the wage bill which looks like it may happen, John looks decent but to me is 32/33 so permenant at that age does not really resolve our issue, Dele I like he works hard, but is inconsistant sometime he used his height and weight well, othertimes he looks like a poor Wayne Allison in his prime, he does not score enough and we seem to hot long balls to him like its a must. For me Needs to be Trundle and Maynard now up to January game in game out, I think they may compliment one another well given time.

We need a right back, left sided player to push McIndoe (who has been terrible lately) and McCallister, a right midfield man, a centre midfield man and a striker!

Archived