IGNORED

Worse Than Last Season

i remember dickie rooks

I agree in some respects. There's ALWAYS been the same old moaners, it just seems that last seasons overachievement has gone to more peoples heads.

it's true. If we'd been in this position this time last year there wouldn't have been many complaints. It's a shame how last season's unexpected success has become a rod with which to beat the management.

Unfortunately success breeds expectation and the small minority who have only been with us since 06/07 think promotion and Championship play off finals are the norm and are now getting annoyed that it's not happening all over again.

Or perhaps ! you've been watching since 1966/67 and know that the replacement of two strong players (Vasko and Carle) by Webster and Williams has seriously weakened the squad and you feel a bit frustrated that they weren't suitibly replaced.

With the injury problems we've had Vasko alone would have been invaluable.

Before people respond with the abuse, I will always support my team and not knock or boo when they're wearing that red shirt for us.

Or perhaps ! you've been watching since 1966/67 and know that the replacement of two strong players (Vasko and Carle) by Webster and Williams has seriously weakened the squad and you feel a bit frustrated that they weren't suitibly replaced.

Before people respond with the abuse, I will always support my team and not knock or boo when they're wearing that red shirt for us.

Exactly right! We are so light weight this season all over the park

I could have written that myself.

Its nothing to do with expectations or last season

(how the hell can someone say finishing 4th ws the worse thing that could happen FFS)

Its because those who are not blind or wearing permanent rose tinted glasses can see the progress of several previous years has halted somewhat and when progress halts regression soon follows unless you take action to correct and We are not taking any action....

You cant tread water at this level.........ask Leeds / Leicester et al

Its nothing to do with expectations or last season

(how the hell can someone say finishing 4th ws the worse thing that could happen FFS)

Its because those who are not blind or wearing permanent rose tinted glasses can see the progress of several previous years has halted somewhat and when progress halts regression soon follows unless you take action to correct and We are not taking any action....

You cant tread water at this level.........ask Leeds / Leicester et al

Progress hasn't halted though has it. We've just opened a state of the art training facility, and plan on a new ground to sustain a top side. We certainly aren't in a posistion to pay a top wage right now, or would you preferer we run up a massive debt.......ask Leeds/Leicester et al

Vasko a strong player! :rofl2br: he couldn't trap a bag of cement as for Carle :disapointed2se:

Vasko wasnt a strong player??? :noexpression:

As for Carle, no one knows the "real" story on his departure, so how people can be so :disapointed2se: is beyond me

Vasko had no idea of the game, just had a talent, hence why he was let go.

I'm suprised we didn't hang onto him though, perhaps he was just a complete dunce?

Vasko had no idea of the game, just had a talent, hence why he was let go.

I'm suprised we didn't hang onto him though, perhaps he was just a complete dunce?

eh?

Personally I thought Vasko was a good option to have on the bench and could always be thrown up front to cause havoc if chasing the game

But I don't believe for a minute that letting him go has resulted in us being a mid-table team!!

Progress hasn't halted though has it. We've just opened a state of the art training facility, and plan on a new ground to sustain a top side. We certainly aren't in a posistion to pay a top wage right now, or would you preferer we run up a massive debt.......ask Leeds/Leicester et al

Have you seen our accounts lately?

I'd be reasonably happy with 9th-13th position this season. We're playing just one level from the Premier League and came close to gaining promotion to that very division last year. We over-achieved last year, we all need to take a reality check and look where we are now compared to a couple of years ago.

I think we'll get promotion, not this year, possibly next season or the season after. There's really no rush.

This is precisely why City have been reasonable in their pursuit of transfers. While being prudent, teams that Kingswood Red had mentioned had ill spent through whole sections of the clubs, not just the playing budget.

Our debt is manageable, and a new stadium will address issues of not being able to maximise revenues at our existing ground.

If something was to happen to SL, the position we're presently in is not a concern. If we were to spend silly money now just to reproduce the success of last season, we could soon find an untenable position.

This is precisely why City have been reasonable in their pursuit of transfers. While being prudent, teams that Kingswood Red had mentioned had ill spent through whole sections of the clubs, not just the playing budget.

Our debt is manageable, and a new stadium will address issues of not being able to maximise revenues at our existing ground.

If something was to happen to SL, the position we're presently in is not a concern. If we were to spend silly money now just to reproduce the success of last season, we could soon find an untenable position.

Think you might have me confused with another poster. The only teams I have mentioned today are Hull and Stoke who, I said, used the loan system brilliantly. Would you like to change places with them? probably. Johnsons record in the loan dept ain't great.

Vasko a strong player! :rofl2br: he couldn't trap a bag of cement as for Carle :disapointed2se:

compaired to Webster and Williams as I did, they both had the ability to alter games in a positive way and we might not have had the situation of playing a 1st division right back/midfielder at left back, which has cost us both in terms of goals against and lost confidence. :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

4th place the worst thing that ever happend?

Madness.

Even if (and we really, really won't) were to go down this year, I would not trade a minute of last season- We are not a small club (not yet a big one, but we're wotking on it!) and we'd bounce back.

But I'm still happy with this season so far. We are not doing that badly. Ok, so maybe last year rasised expectations... GOOD! Let's believe we can do it.

Like someone up there said, promotion does not need to happen quickly. This is an exciting division: Let's get the new ground built, and then show it off in the permiership, eh?

Archived