IGNORED

If You Were Gj

Rob k

No no no no no no and no!

For one we have Maynard, John, Trundle, Adebola, Akinde all of which are ahead of Brooker in the pecking order so no need to replace at all in my opinion. At the moment strikers should be the least of our concerns.

Let's face it losing Brooks isn't like losing a regular first teamer. It's like losing a long lost cousin that you never knew you had...

No, and I'd send John back to Southampton, look to bring in a younger striker.

Interesting comment, I thought John looks like the striker we've been missing for a while. He certainly is assured in posession and his touch is great which is a lot more than you can say for Dele.

No no no no no no and no!

For one we have Maynard, John, Trundle, Adebola, Akinde all of which are ahead of Brooker in the pecking order so no need to replace at all in my opinion. At the moment strikers should be the least of our concerns.

Let's face it losing Brooks isn't like losing a regular first teamer. It's like losing a long lost cousin that you never knew you had...

T@@@ :nono: don't SAY IT :angry:

Now lets think about this logically (sp)

Hes scored 17 goals this year in a poor team (A lot of them have been very good goals aswell) He scored a fair few last year.

If John doesn't sign (And i personally don't think he will) that will leave us 1 short up top.

Lets face facts Lambert is a decent striker and is probably better than Adebola.

I wouldn't be disapointed if we signed him in Jan.

Hes scored 17 goals this year in a poor team (A lot of them have been very good goals aswell) He scored a fair few last year.

If John doesn't sign (And i personally don't think he will) that will leave us 1 short up top.

Lets face facts Lambert is a decent striker and is probably better than Adebola.

niether would i.

it would mean certain relegation for the sags.

:city::city::city:

..during the JPT double headers against the Gas thats exactly what I was thinking, reckon we could've nicked Lambert from them for a reasonable price back then, & really pi$$ed a few Gasheads off.. wages would'nt have been extortionate either specially considering what we've paid out on strikers since - I reckon he'd have been a bargain then.. Too late now.

..during the JPT double headers against the Gas thats exactly what I was thinking, reckon we could've nicked Lambert from them for a reasonable price back then, & really pi$$ed a few Gasheads off.. wages would'nt have been extortionate either specially considering what we've paid out on strikers since - I reckon he'd have been a bargain then.. Too late now.

It all depends what his release fee is? i bet its under 750k

No. He's crap.

The Only purpose in signing Lambert would be to help send the Gas down ............then again, lets go get him?

I'm as much a one eyed city fan as you get but there is no doubting that Lambert has got something about him, he scores some good goals.

Ive read some tripe on here over the past few weeks but to say Lambert is better than Dele is ridiculous.

No. He's crap.

The Only purpose in signing Lambert would be to help send the Gas down ............then again, lets go get him?

So "He's crap" yet we should sign him to help send the gas down, why bother if he's "crap" as you put it, no need to worry is there?????,

I also don't think he would score that many anyway for us because he at least gets some service from his team mates .

Trouble with that though mate is how many more league one players are we going to get,I personally would rather we looked above for players than below,Trundle and Maynard both cost lots of money and struggled to play in the championship,I'd like to see us attempt to prise Nathan Tyson from Forest if anyone although as other fans have said,wingers are more of a priority at this moment in time

If we were going to, we would have every opportunity to get him before he signed his contract. Unless he's got a release clause it'd be monumental financial stupidity to go for him even if we thought he would benefit our team.

Guest ashtonyate
5 strikers is enough and Lambert wouldn't be any improvement.

We may have 5 strikers in name but I really don't think that I would want us to sign John, Trundle is all right for an impacted player at best Akinda is very raw so that leaves Adebola getting on a bit & maynard.

If we are going to sign a front player he must be proven & will cost a lot of money but then again the Midfield needs a couple of quality players which are going to cost unless we can pick up couple loanee's

Got to get a striker, someone to score goals! Thats all everyone seems to talk about, we have Five (5) strikers, what we are lacking

a quality play maker to set them up, and someone to stop us making stupid mistakes at the back, and give the lads confidence

to have ago, rather than try to walk the ball in the net,

Theres plenty of worse options;

However one of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool must have some raw 18yo talent worth grabbing on loan ?

Manchester United have Danny Welbeck, Federico Macheda who are quite highly rated and Antonio Bryan and Nick Ajose who haven't quite broken through at all yet... not sure about the other three teams mentioned.

So "He's crap" yet we should sign him to help send the gas down, why bother if he's "crap" as you put it, no need to worry is there?????,

I also don't think he would score that many anyway for us because he at least gets some service from his team mates .

whoosh

I'm guessing the fact I was clearly joking is totally lost on you

We may have 5 strikers in name but I really don't think that I would want us to sign John, Trundle is all right for an impacted player at best Akinda is very raw so that leaves Adebola getting on a bit & maynard.

If we are going to sign a front player he must be proven & will cost a lot of money but then again the Midfield needs a couple of quality players which are going to cost unless we can pick up couple loanee's

How do you know Trundle is constipated? :laugh:

Archived