IGNORED

Morale Problem ?!

Philip Belgrave

In a thread entitled "STEVE LANSDOWN NEEDS TO BITE THE BULLET" one contributor made passing mention of a " Morale Problem" .

This immediately rang alarm bells with me so I enquired as to what the writter was getting at. Apart from one writer the remaining correspondents seem to have regarded the comment as accepted wisdom because my question has been ignored.

Now,as with most remote CITY supporters, I imagine, much of my knowledge of how the tean is faring is gained from reading these forums

So have I missed something ?

As I understood it , CITY is on the up. We have a manager of proven ability and a chairman who is financially very astute. A glittering new stadium is in prospect. The team's performance ,while not setting the league on fire,has still been good enough to see CITY in contention for a play-off berth.

So why should there be a "Morale Problem" ?

I wouldnt read too much into that comment tbh.

There probably ARE some players at the club who are unhappy as they arent playing as often as they would like (Trundle, Noble etc), but that is only natural and happens at every club. Its just someone has realised this and made it out to be a huge problem, instead of seeing the true reality of the situation...........which seems to happen a lot on this forum.

I think there may have been a series of individual problems in the squad, whether it be personal, frustration at lack of chances in the team or their own poor form, hangover disappointment on missing out on promotion etc. Probably limited to less a handful of players, all unconnected but simply bubbled to the surface at the same time.

The events of yesterday will go some way to sorting this out and no doubt the decks will be further cleared in January.

From what GJ said last night the morale of the squad in general is still very high and the good news is there has been no fall out whatsoever with Carey or Trundle.

From things I have read on here and rumours circulating I was half expecting to see an under pressure GJ on the defensive last night. Far from it, he was ebullient, bantering with the fans, cracking jokes about various players, quashing rumours, and very open on all subjects raised. He was on top form, I'd say, and very enthusiastic about all aspects of the club.

I was a last minute attendee last night but I'm very glad I went. No doubt there have been problems with individuals, and this must have an affect on the squad, but I don't now believe there is widespread discontent.

I'm now reassured these issues are being sorted out and the atmosphere in the squad is nowhere near as bad as some of us might have thought.

Quite reinvigorated for the rest of the season now, especially after what I expect to be a busy January.

Some fans are just never happy, theyl attack this post as "Happy clappy" etc but they need to just accept that we cant be expected to have as good a season as last year. And that mid table is actually a very good season

I am the last person to be "Happy Clappy", but it bothered me that someone could make such a very corrosive comment without being challenged.

The answers received on this thread have reassured me,though.

I write this after learning of another CITY defeat yet I stand by my original comment, CITY is on the Up.

Some fans are just never happy, theyl attack this post as "Happy clappy" etc but they need to just accept that we cant be expected to have as good a season as last year. And that mid table is actually a very good season

the problem is, the way we have been playing over the last month, mid-table is going to be tough to get unless we can turn things around QUICKLY.

January can't come quick enough.

as for the Morale Problem, I don't know if we can, but get SCOTT MURRAY BACK NOW......ok he's not going to be playing games, but we need a morale boost from somewhere.......I can't think of ANYONE better to lift the squad spirts and get the "love" back

Archived