IGNORED

The Question And Answer Session

Never to the dark side

This is just a small brief of what was talked about (approx one hundred and ten city fans in attendance)

meeting started at 7:30pm with a 30 minute talk from steve lansdown

why did we sell Carle

East end Tannoy is awfull

loan system concerns

comments about fraser campbell

a mistake to let weale go

scouting network overseas

future profits

bradley orr situation

concerns about right hand side of midfeild

Mcindoes football boots

Scott Murrays future

FA and FL closed shop

bradley orr comment again

the purpose of the academy

two players we failed to sign (the coventry guy and the Eygyptian)

AGM finished approx 9:30pm ish

Hope this helps any one, who was unable to attend

This is just a small brief of what was talked about (approx one hundred and ten city fans in attendance)

why did we sell Carle

loan system concerns

future profits

bradley orr situation

Mcindoes football boots

Scott Murrays future

FA and FL closed shop

OK, thanks. These were the issues raised - what were the responses from SL and GJ?

why did we sell Carle

loan system concerns

future profits

bradley orr situation

Mcindoes football boots

Scott Murrays future

FA and FL closed shop

Well thats the questions, when do we get the answers?

why did we sell Carle

loan system concerns

future profits

bradley orr situation

Mcindoes football boots

Scott Murrays future

FA and FL closed shop

Thats all very well but there is no mention of anyone asking the chairman the more important (and embarrassing) question as to why there is no home and away Radio Bristol coverage of our home and away games. This surely warranted a ten minute slot or indeed a separate meeting.

Unfortunately we had no "ignore" button last night but happily David Lloyd decided enough was enough and moved on.

Can't think who asked the question :whistle2:

Thats all very well but there is no mention of anyone asking the chairman the more important (and embarrassing) question as to why there is no home and away Radio Bristol coverage of our home and away games. This surely warranted a ten minute slot or indeed a separate meeting.

Unfortunately we had no "ignore" button last night but happily David Lloyd decided enough was enough and moved on.

Ted got the ball rolling with a fairly humourous and uncontentious start when the rest of the room were a bit reticent on starting off the session.

Considering the number of fans on here with strong opinions, I was really surprised to see such a small turnout on the night.

I'd recommend people make the effort to go next time if they can, these Q&A sessions are worthwhile and very enlightening.

Good fun as well, and I'd hate to see the club stop them due to lack of numbers.

Ted got the ball rolling with a fairly humourous and uncontentious start when the rest of the room were a bit reticent on starting off the session.

Considering the number of fans on here with strong opinions, I was really surprised to see such a small turnout on the night.

I'd recommend people make the effort to go next time if they can, these Q&A sessions are worthwhile and very enlightening.

Good fun as well, and I'd hate to see the club stop them due to lack of numbers.

But what were the answers to the questions?!?!?!?

I wonder how many would be prepared to make some of the claims and accusations they make on here to Gary or Steve's face though?

Guest ashtonyate
a lot of the answers to the questions are on the main site

I just tried to go on city's site you have got to be a member to see the clip which is wrong as it a club matter and everybody who is interested in the city should be able to view

why did we sell Carle

loan system concerns

future profits

bradley orr situation

Mcindoes football boots

Scott Murrays future

FA and FL closed shop

I'll try to give a brief rundown of what I remember...

1 - Nick Carle - was (one of?) the highest earner and his performances weren't good enough. It may have looked like he did a lot, but in truth he wasn't giving a great deal to the team.

2 - SL said that this is unlikely to change unless its a health and safety issue. Any expenditure is being limited on AG.

3/4 - Last season, Frazier Campbell was enquired about and GJ has a letter from Alex Ferguson stating Campbell would be offered to City if he were to go out on loan. FC decided he wanted to stay in the north and chose to go to Hull. Michael Mancienne was in the Marriot and was due to sign. Chelsea recalled him due to injuries to John Terry and Alex. In the meantime he played for the England U21s and the Wolves players in that squad convinced him to go there instead.

5 - Chris Weale needs first team games as he's a real professionl and works so hard. Basso's a clear no. 1 although GJ recognises his kicking can be poor - it's something they are working on. Weale can be recalled (the FA have said this informally) if Basso does get injured.

6 - Pete Johnson does go abroad when appropiate. Trusted agents can give good leads and they have connections with people in Argentina and France.

7 - SL hopes to one day make a profit. The new stadium is essential, as AG just cannot provide whats needed for a modern football club.

8 - Bradley Orr was transfer listed after failing to sign a contract as offered the the back 4 and a number of midfielders. All others signed, Bradley sees himself as deserving of a greater salary.

9 - It's up for grabs. Ivan Sproule is a confidence player and he's down at the moment. You could have Linford Christie there but if the balls in are no good, it won't benefit the team...

10 - The MM boots question related to if there was a link between MM's loss of form this season and the lack of his orange boots. GJ said that he would remind MM about his orange boots. It was a more of a jokey trivial question which took seconds and raised a laugh.

11 - Scott has a role to play at the club. His playing days may not be over and he will be considered on his return. SM will be at City until he's 65.

12 - Sorry, can't remember this one...

13 - GJ still wants Bradley Orr to stay and if he does change his mind, the contract is still there.

14 - The academy is there as a source of players for the first team and a revenue stream for players who are sold on.

15 - Emad Meteb had too many people pulling his strings and GJ couldn't have full trust in him (issues such as returning from Egypt international games etc.). The Mifsud deal wasn't done because he wasn't interested in football. He wouldn't discuss football with GJ and everything related to his pay and personal bonuses.

Hope that helps! Apologies if the above does contains any errors, but it's my memory of what was said.

This was raised. The answer was confirmed by the media team that the BBC have exclusive rights and so was up to them what and how much is covered.

The person asking the question commented on the fact that teams like Swansea, Southampton, all have home and away coverage, sometimes by more than one radio station.

I think Radio Bristol have too many teams to cover in the area (City, Rovers, Yeovil and sometimes Cheltenham), so have to cut their cloth accordingly.

SL reminded supporters that of course all matches are covered on BCFC World! :worship2:

Archived