IGNORED

Lst Night's Meeting

cityfan

So the question still remains. Were any of these questions or others asked about Trundle?

Not specifically but he was mentioned a few times. I had a question lined up something along the lines of " Do you foresee any reason why Trundle might not complete his contract with us, and now that he is fitter do you think it likely he will feature more in the second half of his contract than the first?"

Bit of a mouthful, one or two of your more succinct questions would probably have been far better, and it never saw the light of day - however I was heartened to hear early in the session that there has been no fall out with Trundle and this nipped me in the bud somewhat as this was my biggest concern.

It was mentioned ( not surprisingly really ) that all City players have a basic job to do to cover various areas of the pitch as a minimum requirement, or something like that, and I think we saw a little more gusto in that direction from Trunds on Tuesday, so perhaps he's adapting his play in a fashion that will see him selected more often. I'm certainly more hopeful that he may have a fruitful future at AG than I was before going.

However, after all I've said on the matter I feel I've let my fellow Trundle fans down a bit now. With the rare opportunity of being face to face with GJ, the question, or similar, should have been asked by somebody and in retrospect a chance was missed to get the Trundle mystery sorted out once and for all. :(

It seems if he can show he can do the basics required, in GJ's eyes, and regularly, he'll be picked, otherwise he'll doubtless continue be a bit part player. Not something I can agree with as a fan but perhaps slightly understandable from a managerial position.

No sign of him being on the transfer list, or leaving though, so still hope he can persuade GJ his extra talents merit a place, particularly if the team evolves in the next couple of months to make one or two less workmanlike players easier to accommodate.

I'll be surprised if he goes now, and will be kicking myself even more for not asking the question if I'm proved wrong.

Archived