IGNORED

Lack Of Finishing Not Lack Of Service

Pie Eater

I read with interest the stats in the evening post going into the Brighton Game.

City are 22nd in converting chances into goals.

For example Brighton had 60 less chances on goal than us (this season) and scored 8 goals more.

I think it proves what we are missing a fox in the box type player.

Guest exiledred

this is obviosuly the problem- how many goals has leapy scored in the last 15?? about 3 i think. he may be top scorer but he scored most of them before xmas!!!

every game i have seen since the end of the 11 wins has been the same story- loads of chances and nothing on the end of them. we need someone who can stick em in like mark robins did for a brief time last year

Guest Spike
this is obviosuly the problem- how many goals has leapy scored in the last 15?? about 3 i think. he may be top scorer but he scored most of them before xmas!!!

every game i have seen since the end of the 11 wins has been the same story- loads of chances and nothing on the end of them. we need someone who can stick em in like mark robins did for a brief time last year

I agree with that but we dont seem to be having much luck wih strikers.

I mean the best for getting goals imo would be Roberts but he's barely played and Peacock may be a good up front player in general but his scoring is lacking. Lee Peacock may be our top goalscorer but then again that doesnt say much at all does it. If Roberts had played every game that Peacock had then he would probably have more, so would Lita on that note.

Miller was a waste of cash IMO and he still hasnt proved anyone who says that wrong....

basically were just collecting alot of underqualified strikers rather than getting one or two solid goalscorers

Those stats are scary, imagine if we had a goalscorer!

Thsi proves my point that we need a goalscorer! (robins). Wenger already has a amazing front-line of Reyes, Bergkamp, Henry, Kanu and Wiltord but they're still going after Owen and this Dutch bloke Van Perie!

I read with interest the stats in the evening post going into the Brighton Game.

City are 22nd in converting chances into goals.

For example Brighton had 60 less chances on goal than us (this season) and scored 8 goals more.

I think it proves what we are missing a fox in the box type player.

With all the chances that have gone begging in front of goal this season - Lee Peacock and Lee Miller must carry the bulk of the blame as they're the 'strikers' with the most starts this season. :clap:

Its Wilson to blame, they're mostly his players, his tactics, training, his favorites dont get dropped, his "inspired" substiutions, his sure feel, where to play his squad, usually the wrong one......and I say that dugout post should be compensated for the permanent lean on it, what abouts its feelings, from a newly pc Red :dunno::):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived