IGNORED

Must Score When On Top

riddlesdown red

I do get fed up hearing most pundits week in week out saying City have lots of possession but do not have a recognised goal scorer, you have got to score when you are on top. If we do not sort out this situation we will end up down the bottom. In january there needs to be some drastic action taken, ship out all those on contarcts that are unlikely ever to play for the club. Myrie Williams ect and with the saved wages go and get a quality striker and pay him the money. I appreciate the need to have equality in wages to prevent unrest with other players but at the end of the day strikers win matches, 2 mil for Maynard was abrave gamble but I am afraid from what I have seen we will be lucky to get our money back which does ask the question was it 2 mil spent wisely. I expect a bit of criticism but then I am still writing this watching us lose which means I am slighty frustrated.

I do get fed up hearing most pundits week in week out saying City have lots of possession but do not have a recognised goal scorer, you have got to score when you are on top. If we do not sort out this situation we will end up down the bottom. In january there needs to be some drastic action taken, ship out all those on contarcts that are unlikely ever to play for the club. Myrie Williams ect and with the saved wages go and get a quality striker and pay him the money. I appreciate the need to have equality in wages to prevent unrest with other players but at the end of the day strikers win matches, 2 mil for Maynard was abrave gamble but I am afraid from what I have seen we will be lucky to get our money back which does ask the question was it 2 mil spent wisely. I expect a bit of criticism but then I am still writing this watching us lose which means I am slighty frustrated.

BROOKER SCORED TODAY..Says it all.

That was rubbish absolute bloody rubbish...When I've calmed down I will still think we were rubbish, long aimless humps to no one and not a player who believes he'll score and win a football match...

The commentator has said PNE were comfortable to bloody right they were...Miserable you better believe it

We were slow ponderous and telegraphed everything.

We had the ball at least as much as they did and passed it across the field to no one and looked like we could'nt break down PNE under 11's....Well done to all those who went...I salute you.

If you played WAKE UP. That was appalling mindless punchless garbage. From the moment Dele went off we did not have a clue because you couldn't hump the ball to someone who was running his bloody socks off anymore. No guile no skill no control no confidence....

That was rubbish absolute bloody rubbish...When I've calmed down I will still think we were rubbish, long aimless humps to no one and not a player who believes he'll score and win a football match...

The commentator has said PNE were comfortable to bloody right they were...Miserable you better believe it

We had the ball at least as much as they did and passed it across the field to no one and looked like we could'nt break down PNE under 11's....Well done to all those who went...I salute you.

If you played WAKE UP. That was appalling mindless punchless garbage. From the moment Dele went off we did not have a clue because you couldn't hump the ball to someone who was running his bloody socks off anymore. No guile no skill no control no confidence....

Team confidence and battling spirit is a.w.o.l; it seems to be falling apart, G.J needs to sort it soon or we will be looking down not up :noexpression:

Mate, we've just got done away, quite comfortably, he's questioning some players and decisions, and all you reply with is 'another doom and gloom merchant' Fair play, you've seen city since the late 60's and seen them in the top flight, today was gash.

We can all sit here and question "some players and decisions" and we can all be managers on a keyboard, but at the end of the day the team can only do what it's capable of doing.

Do we really get rid of several fringe players as he suggested and shell out on another £2m+ striker?

We can all sit here and question "some players and decisions" and we can all be managers on a keyboard, but at the end of the day the team can only do what it's capable of doing.

Do we really get rid of several fringe players as he suggested and shell out on another £2m+ striker?

And that's your point mate, shouldve posted it at the top of the thread. have a good un.

OK, well i will argue it. Strikers are not the problem and a lot of people on this forum have been saying it. All strikers need service to them. You say to go out and get a quality striker, well Stern John scored 19 goals last season and Maynard is clinical in front of goal. The problem is the service, i seriously can not remember a game where a winger has gotten to the byline and managed to pull it back for our strikers or when a winger has been played through and given the chance to put a ball across goal.

In January i would love to see a right winger and a central midfielder. The perfect answer would have been Routledge but we missed out on him and need someone of similar quality. I firmly believe that John and Maynard would make a good partnership with an extended run together with some half decent service.

In January i would love to see a right winger and a central midfielder. The perfect answer would have been Routledge but we missed out on him and need someone of similar quality. I firmly believe that John and Maynard would make a good partnership with an extended run together with some half decent service.

I agree with that and I'd seriously consider bringing MM into central midfield alongside Marv and try to aquire suitable replacements for the other midfield positions.

the problem is the midfield for sure. No creation for the nation iam affaid. No width no bite.

It's been like it for weeks, we have been poor so far this season not taking are chances or giving the opponents a head start. last season we had a lot of luck and played with a passion, so far this year it's been lacking for 70 mins of games.

For me we need to freshen up the midfield center pairing, the wingers need to get there boots white a lot more.

Give ivan the dvd of scott in his wonder years to watch, learn and copy. as for mcindoe he needs to mix it up a bit and work the byeline more.

gary is the man to get it sorted for sure.

the problem is the midfield for sure. No creation for the nation iam affaid. No width no bite.

It's been like it for weeks, we have been poor so far this season not taking are chances or giving the opponents a head start. last season we had a lot of luck and played with a passion, so far this year it's been lacking for 70 mins of games.

For me we need to freshen up the midfield center pairing, the wingers need to get there boots white a lot more.

Give ivan the dvd of scott in his wonder years to watch, learn and copy. as for mcindoe he needs to mix it up a bit and work the byeline more.

Couldn't agree more..

:clapping:

Just a shame that some people need everything explained to them..

For what it's worth, i think we are lacking a right winger more than anything, if GJ chooses to start Sproule on the bench then he is basically admitting that his squad is sh!t because we have no-one else to play out there, he will never drop his son, which means he ends up accomadating Williams, and Noble in the same team as him. and whenever JM gets injured we don't have one player that can fill in at left back with any balance or quality.

RedLionLad - I can only assume that you used to get on the Black Rat that they used to serve up in the afforementioned boozer! muppet x

OK, well i will argue it. Strikers are not the problem and a lot of people on this forum have been saying it. All strikers need service to them. You say to go out and get a quality striker, well Stern John scored 19 goals last season and Maynard is clinical in front of goal. The problem is the service, i seriously can not remember a game where a winger has gotten to the byline and managed to pull it back for our strikers or when a winger has been played through and given the chance to put a ball across goal.

Having calmed down a bit from the initial post I applaud your structured response (unlike others) which made me think about your point of view, Sproule Noble Williams Myrie Williams have all filled the wide right role past and previous, why do we have four players on the books that fill this spot when the salaries could be spent on one good one and an understudy. We are small club with limited resources so lets be a bit more efficient in how they are spent, because we have no one who can go past people on the outside we have to hit the ball up to Adebola/John ect and very rarely get behind a team and turn their defence. If Sproule could bring this to his game he would no doubt be playing at a higher level

Having calmed down a bit from the initial post I applaud your structured response (unlike others) which made me think about your point of view, Sproule Noble Williams Myrie Williams have all filled the wide right role past and previous, why do we have four players on the books that fill this spot when the salaries could be spent on one good one and an understudy. We are small club with limited resources so lets be a bit more efficient in how they are spent, because we have no one who can go past people on the outside we have to hit the ball up to Adebola/John ect and very rarely get behind a team and turn their defence. If Sproule could bring this to his game he would no doubt be playing at a higher level

So....no need for a striker now then?

Excellent post. We could have Torres & Anelka up front and they would struggle with the "service" from our midfield. I see that GJ has blamed the defeat on our finishing, no doubt this means Trundle will not be in the squad & Maynard will be back on the bench, yet the midfield will remain unchanged yet again. I counted one chance which was created by the midfield feeding the ball into our strikers, which admittedly Dele should have done better with.

Ok so now I have calmed down.

I think someone said we could have Torres up front and we wouldn't score well that almost sums it up.

Our midfield is poor at winning second phase ball, lacks imagination and bite and lacks confidence and yes that includes LJ.

Marv is still to show how good he is and seems to not want to be involved...I understand he went very much like this at Millwall. Noble on the wide is a non starter for me as anybody who has done their homework knows the boy is one paced and will always come inside....MacIndoe I thought was our best player and really worked hard fetching and carrying for nothing.

Maynard did what he could without a football and Trundle seemed lost when he came on only getting into the game in positions that didn't hurt them.

Did anybody count the ammount of high balls into the box that were won by their backfour without a challenge in the second half...It felt like at least a dozen.

What happend for both goals!!? Full back went missing for number one...Could that guy believe how much time he had to drill in a low hard cross...I couldn't

Goal two...All you can really say is what the ****...A guy with one foot was allowed to run across our penalty area without so much as a foot dangled in anger...Asleep...To bloody right...McCombe did his best but where were all our bodies??? Standing in a line 15 yards forward...Christ we might as well sent the guy an invitation to shoot.

I have backed the manager many many times but that was b***ocks today of the highest order and I have no doubt that was what some players were told in the dressing room afterwards...But at this point Gary you do have to look at team selection particularly in the middle of midfield mate we are not winning enough and we are not frightening enough...Know what I mean.

However it doesn't stop there... Brooker on loan..WHY...If ya going to flog him in January anyway you might as well keep him here as he is likely to find something from the meagre offerings before he gets his next injury and if he gets it at Donny he ends up back here anyway.

Sproule looks disinterested and to be honest out of his depth so why not throw Murray a bone on the bench if nothing it will lift my spirits and I could use it right now....

Someone said on here in the week throw in the youngsters...Well I'm not so sure about that, nevertheless freshening up is what I think he meant and to be honest that is what it needs and that isn't just chucking a start at Stern John...I mean something for the supporters to get behind we have some talent in the reserves bring one in soon as we need a lift and if Sproule can be on the bench before anyone at the moment then we are really in trouble

Archived