IGNORED

The Eastend Experience

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Guest REDCIDERARMY

I post this to see what you feel about the Eastend,myself I first went in there at 17 yrs old in the late 70s in the first division,I had not been in there for some time,until the home game against Bournemouth this season,and still the same feelings of comradmanship,and a homely feeling once more,a place where you feel you can really do your team some good with vocal support,then theres the eastend wit always good for a laugh at the opponents cost ha ha.

I know the pillars get in the way but the atmosphere makes up for that,and from joungsters to older generations you get the same BUZZ,even if you lose you have a good time and can not wait for the next match to get in there again,it is a shame home fans have lost it but may be we can get it back again.

The old tin shed is a faithfull friend to the Eastender young or old lets try to keep it that way.

COME ON YOU REDS

The Reds Are Going Up.

I'm 13 and my Dad took me in there vs. Colchester. (1-0 Goodfellow). It was fantastic with a real party atmosphere even though it was freezing! I loved it so much i've been there every game apart from Brighton for obvios reasons. I've converted 3 of my friend to City after taking them to enjoy the East End experiance.

Up the City and Up the East End!!

Have to admit that before the East End I wasn't that prepared on going to City often because of the dire atmosphere, never really enjoyed the day, waste of student money etc etc, but since the East End has opened, i've been in their each time since the Colchester game and have enjoyed it so much I told all my mates about it. One of my mates has now converted from passionate Leeds supporter into a City fan just for the atmosphere! More money for the club.

I brought two other mates in with me against Brentford and they enjoyed it too. Its not only us regular city fans that enjoy going and continue to want to go, but new fans with added interest have become hooked on the East End. Good pr work if you ask me

Guest city slicker 71
I post this to see what you feel about the Eastend,myself I first went in there at 17 yrs old in the late 70s in the first division,I had not been in there for some time,until the home game against Bournemouth this season,and still the same feelings of comradmanship,and a homely feeling once more,a place where you feel you can really do your team some good with vocal support,then theres the eastend wit always good for a laugh at the opponents cost ha ha.

I know the pillars get in the way but the atmosphere makes up for that,and from joungsters to older generations you get the same BUZZ,even if you lose you have a good time and can not wait for the next match to get in there again,it is a shame home fans have lost it but may be we can get it back again.

The old tin shed is a faithfull friend to the Eastender young or old lets try to keep it that way.

COME ON YOU REDS

The Reds Are Going Up.

Well put sir, Iv'e been chewing over as to going down there next season with talk that because of sheer numbers it will once again be handed over to the sub-tenants? I sincerely hope that is not the case because here's one who cannot, will not sit on the sides paying for the priveledge of being drowned out while at the same time watch them enjoy the priveledge of standing throughout to achieve it.

If that's the case( and this takes some saying) then burn it yes burn it if we can't have our old home then no other bugger can, and while it smoulders throw a few of the lifeblood posers who give nothing in terms of vocal support on it. Never enter the East End yet sneer at those who make the effort------- City men they think they are I s##t em.

Really big effort needed in there against the seasiders the biggest trial yet, needing to be that effective that there cannot be any question of the above being in anyway considered not forgetting good behaviour of course.

Regards.

City Slicker

i think the club realise the benefit of opening up to all, hence the early decision on monday morning. If they had meetings with council safety people, police and stewards and all, made their decision, and put it on the website in that time ,then it was a triumph over bureaucracy!

Even without the enhanced atmosphere, the unrestricted seating policy has enabled friends to congragate and even move around during the match. I have made new friends and got to know others better.

The EAST END experience has been great, lets hope the blackpool game makes it unforgetable! :):dunno:

Guest East-Ender

Too right. There ain't much that beats the buzz when the singing starts in the East End or when you are entering The East End a bit late due to a pint or three in the Wedlocks and you can hear the chanting from outside the 'End. :rolleyes: This is what football is all about, and since our beloved East End has been given back it has made Ashton Gate into a fortress once more. LONG LIVE THE EAST END AND ALL THE REDS WITHIN IT. :dunno::) :Party12: :Party12:

Archived