IGNORED

Bring Back Scott

SUPER REDS

I think his loan ends 15 December with a lack of goals surely a good time to bring him back and I reckon could get Maynard in on goal more

The last few games, he's been a substitute or been substituted for Cheltenham. At 34 his days in our Championship squad are over.

Three seasons ago this forum was full of posts calling for Murray to be replaced, he was the LJ of that time. The following season GJ signed Betsy to replace Murray. The next season GJ signed Sproule to replace Betsy who had replaced Murray. Since then GJ has selected Skuse, Wilson, Carle, Williams and Noble rather than Murray. There should be a message there for you.

city legend but he is past it, when he played a few games last season he looked out of his depth and has lost his pace, need to look forward not back

pace or not, he can pass and cross, something that Sproule seems in capable of.

Surely Murray would be a better option from the bench than Spourle right now

pace or not, he can pass and cross, something that Sproule seems in capable of.

Surely Murray would be a better option from the bench than Spourle right now

I've got to say I agree with this, Sproule is utterly useless (worst player in the squad imo), and although Noble hasn't disgraced himself on the right it would be much better to have him in the centre if possible. However, I think it is more than likely that Gary will buy another right sided player in January.

I'd love to see Murray come back and have a run out at RW for us but I don't see it happening. He can't do a worse job than the other who've been there, who knows he could suprise a few people? Still don't see him getting that chance though in the first place.

I'd love to see Murray come back and have a run out at RW for us but I don't see it happening. He can't do a worse job than the other who've been there, who knows he could suprise a few people? Still don't see him getting that chance though in the first place.

That was the position he used to play in before he was moved to right wing. When he was last playing at right back was when we were in the same league as we are now. He was awful then! Mind you most of the team were!

We all like Murray, he's a good guy with a white hat. Are some of you saying he can pass, cross or shoot based on what was or what is. A Cheltenham bench substitute is now Championship quality at 34.

I've read the same comments about Tinnion, Docherty, Aaron Brown and others. Come on guys, there comes a time for everyone to pass their peak in all aspects of life. Just remember Murray for the best that he was and not try and resurrect him to something he cannot be.

I watched him in the reserves only a few months ago against Bournemouth ran more then anybody set up two of six and scored a 40 yrd lob over the keeper pure class,had more touches than any other plyayer including the young uns so Windass is to old was he when he scored against us shame he was not,what Scott brings is enthuiasm and a real desires to win in a City shirt he plays just for 35 mins at the moment it would be good for the team

Like said earlier, desperate calls for an actual winger in the side. Something city have always had over the last few years. Sort it out GJ and get a decent winger in on loan in Jan.

Murray is still a City player and after all GJ extended his contract in the summer, I for one would like to see Murray return I'm sure he still can make an impact coming off the bench.

Murray have always know where the goal is and that is what we are lacking.

Murray is still a City player and after all GJ extended his contract in the summer, I for one would like to see Murray return I'm sure he still can make an impact coming off the bench.

Murray have always know where the goal is and that is what we are lacking.

If he was really in GJ plans at the age of 34 he wouldn't be out on loan. Was a shaddow of his former self last season in the few games he played. I'd rather see Johnson play Sproule, once given the hand grenade first though.

I watched him in the reserves only a few months ago against Bournemouth ran more then anybody set up two of six and scored a 40 yrd lob over the keeper pure class,had more touches than any other plyayer including the young uns so Windass is to old was he when he scored against us shame he was not,what Scott brings is enthuiasm and a real desires to win in a City shirt he plays just for 35 mins at the moment it would be good for the team

Totally agree, here here

You either recall Scott Murray or play one of your creative central midfielders in that position as GJ has done most of the season to no effect. The other alternative is play Akinde, or switch McIndoe to the right so he can cut inside and play

JMW on the left who IMHO is know better than Sprout.

One thing is for sure, you wont see LJ playing there, he unlike the rest of our midfield players is exempt from playing out of position.

You either recall Scott Murray or play one of your creative central midfielders in that position as GJ has done most of the season to no effect. The other alternative is play Akinde, or switch McIndoe to the right so he can cut inside and play

JMW on the left who IMHO is know better than Sprout.

One thing is for sure, you wont see LJ playing there, he unlike the rest of our midfield players is exempt from playing out of position.

Save for away at Charlton this season, where he appeared to be on the right a lot, allowing Gavin Williams to play more centrally.

when he was just a little boy

he asked his father

what would he be

would he be pele

would he be henry

or would he be john terry

que sera sera

whereever we'll be we'll be

as long as theres scott murray

que sera sera

:)

Great song and for him to score his one hundred goals in a City shirt come on GJ you know it makes sense

The scandal is that after scoring some spectacular goals early last season he was sidelined in favour of a host of mediocre journeymen including Ivan Sproule who has had more chances than a bloke who has had too many chances.

Sadly he will never fit into a GJ team again despite the patronising words we get from the managers office.

He has consistently given us more pleasure than any other player in the last 40 years - I acknowledge Jaci, Andy Cole, Cheese, Tom Ritchie, Gowy, Tins, Leroy and of course Super Bob Taylor although John Galley was probably the only other player who could consistently magic a goal from nowhere when the team was struggling, up against it, staring defeat in the face. Sweeney, Collier, Merrick, Tainton, Mike Gibson - great players all but the memory of Scotty making that tackle against Oldham on a cold tuesday night, running 70 yards and cooly bending the ball into the net was sublime. After making the trip to Rotherham and going a goal down to Facey - McCallister (Tinnion like) fired the long cross field ball, in one movement scott takes it inside the full back and fires an unstioppable shot with his left foot to earn a point. Anyone remember Ninian Park? Remember his contribution in the famous Mansfield game? OK - lower league stuff but for entertainment? Sheer enjoyment?

Thanks for everything Scott - I wish we could have another one like you. :pray:

Archived