IGNORED

Our Support At Preston

foghornred

:city: Well done to all of those that made the effort and traveled up to Preston. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

The only problem that I have is that as usual we were in good voice to start with but after the goal went in it went very quite and in the second half it was so quite that it was embarrassing.

One hardy sole did try to get the crowd going by standing on his own and singing a selection of our songs but sadly hardly anyone joined in.

When the team is playing poorly and things are not going our way it's really the time that the team needed support,at least most of us stayed to applaud the team off at the end.

Guest wheres your caravan??
:city: Well done to all of those that made the effort and traveled up to Preston. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

The only problem that I have is that as usual we were in good voice to start with but after the goal went in it went very quite and in the second half it was so quite that it was embarrassing.

One hardy sole did try to get the crowd going by standing on his own and singing a selection of our songs but sadly hardly anyone joined in.

When the team is playing poorly and things are not going our way it's really the time that the team needed support,at least most of us stayed to applaud the team off at the end.

Do u have any idea aproxmatly how many we took?

So what your saying is we have to get behind the team for 80 minutes of a game ;)

I know your frustrated but I think at the moment both fans and players alike have become a bit stale,there seems to be no enthusiasm for Bristol City last night,I was there and almost resigned to hoping for a point rather than the optimism I had for a lot of last season.

I beleive that the players need to produce a performance to get the crowd buzzing again,also mate it was bloody cold.

Still I love the club too much to do anything other than go to 99% of the games,also last night was a little bit too predictable hence why only 300 people made the trip. BTW my u-14 team returned to top spot today with a 9-2 victory so if you want a change of manager,I'll get em playing attacking football :winner_third_h4h:

Seriously though mate,we just have to ride this sticky patch and hope we can get in enough quality to maintain our status for next season,after all we're Bristol City supporters,we are all to familiar with this kind of disappointment

I know your frustrated but I think at the moment both fans and players alike have become a bit stale,there seems to be no enthusiasm for Bristol City last night,I was there and almost resigned to hoping for a point rather than the optimism I had for a lot of last season.

I beleive that the players need to produce a performance to get the crowd buzzing again,also mate it was bloody cold.

Still I love the club too much to do anything other than go to 99% of the games,also last night was a little bit too predictable hence why only 300 people made the trip. BTW my u-14 team returned to top spot today with a 9-2 victory so if you want a change of manager,I'll get em playing attacking football :winner_third_h4h:

Seriously though mate,we just have to ride this sticky patch and hope we can get in enough quality to maintain our status for next season,after all we're Bristol City supporters,we are all to familiar with this kind of disappointment

My Under 7's ground out a 1-0 win last week so I reckon I'm more likely to get the job!!! 9-2? That's far too gung ho!!

I was at the back trying to get a few songs going as well.

I was at the back trying to get a few songs going as well.

Thought it was decent in the first half, pretty poor in the second, but that was understanable. The Preston fans next to us were very loud, to their credit, although I could never understand what they were on about...

Thought it was very disappointing that a number of players didn't come over to the fans at the end.

Thought it was decent in the first half, pretty poor in the second, but that was understanable. The Preston fans next to us were very loud, to their credit, although I could never understand what they were on about...

Thought it was very disappointing that a number of players didn't come over to the fans at the end.

Out of interest who didn't bother?

Only McCombe and Wilson spring immediately to mind in acknowledging the fans. There were about 2 more but most of the team and, somewhat strangely I felt, the manager didnt bother. I agree it was not the most vocal of support, especially 2nd half, but it would have been nice to have the effort to travel alone recognised - especially for those who stood to clap the players off.

I was in the Preston section of the Bill Shankly Kop and I can understand that you would not be able to understand what we were saying, we have started singing much faster in recent years.

In the first half Bristol City did have a fair few chances and we assumed (not possible to see because of the fog) that it was our keeper that had kept you out.

Generally I am noticing a fall in singing amongst all fans, it seems more and more there is an expectation to be entertained and therfore an emphasis on the players to get things going rather than the support lifting the players. This would have been evident if we had not scored ourselves in the first half.

Anyway, every credit to those who came in horrible conditions to a game that could easily have been watched on TV, well done.

See you all at Ashton Gate.

Archived