IGNORED

T.v Games

redjar

The BBC have ignored obvious games featuring us over the years. I always remember the year we played Harrogate Railway, which was obviously the standout tie that year.

Anyway, aren't ITV showing the FA Cup this year? I can't imagine we'd have less of a chance than with the BBC.

Guest wheres your caravan??
Any one know when the BBC or itv will choose witch games to show on tele ??????

hopefully us :fingerscrossed:

No please not us, too much hastle with all the kick off times!

The BBC have ignored obvious games featuring us over the years. I always remember the year we played Harrogate Railway, which was obviously the standout tie that year.

Anyway, aren't ITV showing the FA Cup this year? I can't imagine we'd have less of a chance than with the BBC.

The Portsmouth game is bound to be on tv.

I doubt it will be, mainly because sky sports new, setanta news, itv .etc. did not mention us when talking about 'the standout games' basically all those with the big four (southampton v manchester united standout?! :fastasleep: , they've played eachother recently in the cup countless times)

I think the obvious ones are Middlebrough V barrow and Bournemouth/ Blyth spartan v Blacburn, the cash from thses games can secure the future of the smaller clubs.

Pity Bournemouth won in the 1st round, then a local minnow from our region would have had a chance to make a buck or two :whistle2:

Pretty sure that was on TV wasn't it? We played in yellow and won by about 6/7 ??

I think the obvious ones are Middlebrough V barrow and Bournemouth/ Blyth spartan v Blacburn, the cash from thses games can secure the future of the smaller clubs.

Pity Bournemouth won in the 1st round, then a local minnow from our region would have had a chance to make a buck or two :whistle2:

The only saving grace may be that Blyth were on Setanta I think in the last round so may be avoided...

Why is it? How many neutrals honestly care at all about Portsmouth vs. Bristol City?

I think the theory is that it's the holders versus a team that just missed out on promotion to the Prem. (despite the fact that we are a shadow of that team and the term "team" is one that currently is used quite loosely!).

Can't think of any other reason why the game would even be given a second glance though, to be honest.

If we were at home it would have been, they rarely go for Prem at home v lower league.

Preston-Liverpool and Southampton-Man U are 2 obvious ones.

If we're not on we won't necessarily be playing on the Saturday though - if Southampton-Man U is chosen for a Saturday tv slot we'll be on sunday.

Someone told me , it will be shown because they show the holders live first game.. don't know how true this is...

I heard the same thing, I appreciate there are more attractive ties but surely you gotta show the defending F.A cup holders first game regardless who it is against.

That was indeed on the Beeb, I have it on tape somewhere. Their boss looked like Tiny P's fugly brother.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but the link does say,

Alas for Slough, unfancied Railway won 2-1 and became a big national story for a week leading up to their Second Round tie against Bristol City.

Sky Sports showed the game from Harrogate's less-fashionable club live, temporary stands were brought in but Danny Wilson's Second Division side kept their cool to win 3-1.

Archived