IGNORED

Junior Bent

Guest greatwhite

i must say, i am deeply upset by this thread...

Junior Bent is one of my favourite childhood football players, and on my 12th birthday - included, yes included with my new bmx i had a signed photo of him - something that is on my toilet wall in Charlton to this very day.

:D:D

I also had the chance to meet junior outside the salvation army in staple hill and i was starstruck - i couldnt say anything...

I would like this thread to end - by saying hey - where is Carl Hutchings??

:clap:

JU-NIOR, JU-NIOR, JU-NIOR, JU-NIOR, JU-NIOR, JU-NIOR, JU-NIOR, JU-NIOR, JU-NIOR, JU-NIOR, JU-NIOR, JU-NIOR,

went to a chip shop in luton and was stunned to be served by junior bent, i asked him how things was and he replied " he made a very comfortable living out of football and although he still plays part time for Ajax in the dutch league, he still feels the need to work in the chipper because he loves meeting people. i found this attitude extremely refreshing that junior wants to give something back to the community.

yours faith restored in human nature midland red.

:clap::D:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::dunno::dunno::o:D

Guest N1 Jim

Junior Bent- Last heard of playing for Lancaster City in the Unibond Premier last season( that's one of the leagues below the conference).

Anyone remember that horrendous assualt on him at Oxford by David Penney(alledgedly)

hutchings was released by farnborough a couple of months ago,he played in the same farnborough team that lost to weston at home in the f.a. cup!!!!!!!!!!!

his talent must have shone through!!!!!!

possibly the worst player ive ever seen in a red shirt.

have heard nothing of junior since his days at blackpool????

he was crap,but in a good way!!!! i did actuly like him to be fair,dispite his crapness!!! :clap::D

"Junior Bent's work commitments have led to his release by the Dolly Blues"

That was in February 2003, I'm still searching for anything more recent.

This one has really got my interest - Junior was one of my favourite City players and was around when I first started going which always leaves an impression. Incidentally, nice to see Super Bob Taylor (my all-time favourite) still banging in the goals, even if it was at the expense of Clayton.

If I have time tomorrow I'll get on the blower and track down the great man!

Edit - The "Dolly Blues" are Lancaster, apparantly.

Anyone remember that horrendous assualt on him at Oxford by David Penney(alledgedly)

can remeber that tackle ,truly shocking,seem to remember penney missing the return fixture due to a convenient injury!!

btw is it david penney the man that has just led doncaster to promotion????????

"Junior Bent's work commitments have led to his release by the Dolly Blues"

That was in February 2003, I'm still searching for anything more recent.

This one has really got my interest - Junior was one of my favourite City players and was around when I first started going which always leaves an impression. Incidentally, nice to see Super Bob Taylor (my all-time favourite) still banging in the goals, even if it was at the expense of Clayton.

If I have time tomorrow I'll get on the blower and track down the great man!

Edit - The "Dolly Blues" are Lancaster, apparantly.

Lancaster City, my daughters favourite team - only because she was born a long throw-in from the ground, Giant Axe!

A picturesque ground with the Castle (still a working Prison full of IRA allegedly) on the hill above, the Priory next to it and the River Lune at the back of the ground.

One for Red Goblin - The Giant Axe I'm led to believe is due to the ground being on the site of the old execution place where Yorkies were.............in the War of The Roses!! and also the Pendle Witches.

Archived