IGNORED

Have Noticed Something

Lack of Action Man

Sorry for being a bit slow here, but have just read up about the new stadium on the OS and the reason for selling Nick Carle and I have to say what a load of sh1te.

If he was doing stuff off the pitch he shouldn't have been then Gary should have took it upon himself as the manager to set him straight (like Alex Ferguson and more recently Arsene Wenger)

The wages obviously are an issue but if you've just brought someone in who is an International player or who has been involved with a national side recently then the wages are surely justified? As would be for Andy Webster - from a top league club and has been involved with the scotland side

And to say that he wasn't worth the money payed is just ridiculous. Even those who don't like the guy have to admit he had moments where he played the clever pass or held the ball well. Imo he was more worth the money payed than we have seen from Gavin Williams.

It wont be admitted but even GJ and probably SL will think deep down letting him go was a mistake. Too late now though!

To blame his wages is a terrible excuse as it was GJ and SL who must have agreed to them to begin with. Or was he bought with us playing in the Prem this season in mind?

He was brought in in a bit of a rush because they thought they were onto a great thing and had to rush the deal through. PJ only saw him play at Fulham's ground for Oz IIRC.

The expectation was that he'd get much fitter (he had hardly played for months), and be as quick as he looked in video footage from Newcastle, and be the fast breaking goalscoring midfielder. He was given a contract with that in mind. He didn't turn into that sort of player.

I think they regret signing him in such a rush TBH.

He was brought in in a bit of a rush because they thought they were onto a great thing and had to rush the deal through. PJ only saw him play at Fulham's ground for Oz IIRC.

The expectation was that he'd get much fitter (he had hardly played for months), and be as quick as he looked in video footage from Newcastle, and be the fast breaking goalscoring midfielder. He was given a contract with that in mind. He didn't turn into that sort of player.

I think they regret signing him in such a rush TBH.

don't tell me you reckon they signed a player based on youtube footage.........tut tut tut......

on a serious note as the orignal poster did mention, the "wages" issue is an almighty cop out of an excuse for me, but it's bye the bye now, I think the vast majority of sensisble posters will agree that late last season when played in his best position he was looking like a quality player,

but as yourself and others have mentioned, he wasn't fit when signed, but yet was still thrown right in, my and a few others main view was that the player had moved to a new league in a new country and felt we would see the best of him THIS SEASON, once he had settled in on and off the field.

It's a shame that he didn't get that chance and was sold for a quick buck, which I still stand by that although it was "double your money" at this level still wasn't much of a profit.

Still we could all rage on and on about Carle, but it's gets silly after a while.

Still at least his replacement has settled in and is doing well......... :noexpression:

don't tell me you reckon they signed a player based on youtube footage.........tut tut tut......

on a serious note as the orignal poster did mention, the "wages" issue is an almighty cop out of an excuse for me, but it's bye the bye now, I think the vast majority of sensisble posters will agree that late last season when played in his best position he was looking like a quality player,

but as yourself and others have mentioned, he wasn't fit when signed, but yet was still thrown right in, my and a few others main view was that the player had moved to a new league in a new country and felt we would see the best of him THIS SEASON, once he had settled in on and off the field.

It's a shame that he didn't get that chance and was sold for a quick buck, which I still stand by that although it was "double your money" at this level still wasn't much of a profit.

Still we could all rage on and on about Carle, but it's gets silly after a while.

Still at least his replacement has settled in and is doing well......... :noexpression:

Sort of agree on the wages thing - the club didn't do enough homework IMO so they only have themselves to blame. And whilst he looked decent in the middle I didn't think he was a whole cut above (which rightly or wrongly was what they were expecting). He's been OK for Palace this season without standing out - not really scoring or creating much. (2 goals and 2 assists in the league one being a pen), ie far worse contribution for time on the field than David Noble.

The most concerning thing is that we went through with selling him despite Palace arsing us about so much we missed out on Jones, and had no back up plan.

Sort of agree on the wages thing - the club didn't do enough homework IMO so they only have themselves to blame. And whilst he looked decent in the middle I didn't think he was a whole cut above (which rightly or wrongly was what they were expecting). He's been OK for Palace this season without standing out - not really scoring or creating much. (2 goals and 2 assists in the league one being a pen), ie far worse contribution for time on the field than David Noble.

The most concerning thing is that we went through with selling him despite Palace arsing us about so much we missed out on Jones, and had no back up plan.

Jones??? lost me there? do you mean the Derby Lad who went to Wolves?

though to be honest I was other side fo the world when the whole Carle thing kicked off? I think Carle's biggest problem at Palace is 2 things, firstly Warnock's hoof ball? but more importantly, he was signed a supposed replacement for Watson who didn't end up moving. not ideal.

Jones??? lost me there? do you mean the Derby Lad who went to Wolves?

though to be honest I was other side fo the world when the whole Carle thing kicked off? I think Carle's biggest problem at Palace is 2 things, firstly Warnock's hoof ball? but more importantly, he was signed a supposed replacement for Watson who didn't end up moving. not ideal.

Yes, the Carle deal was delayed by about a week during which time Wolves moved for Jones who we apparently had a deal agreed with.

Warnock's brand of football doesn't help Carle - but then neither would ours right now :)

I'm still disappointed we didn't have another plan.

Yes, the Carle deal was delayed by about a week during which time Wolves moved for Jones who we apparently had a deal agreed with.

Warnock's brand of football doesn't help Carle - but then neither would ours right now :)

I'm still disappointed we didn't have another plan.

I don't think he was sold just to make some profit on him.. IF he had stayed and perfomed well, someone else would have to be left out for him to play, thats why he was sold IMO...

Sorry for being a bit slow here, but have just read up about the new stadium on the OS and the reason for selling Nick Carle and I have to say what a load of sh1te.

If he was doing stuff off the pitch he shouldn't have been then Gary should have took it upon himself as the manager to set him straight (like Alex Ferguson and more recently Arsene Wenger)

The wages obviously are an issue but if you've just brought someone in who is an International player or who has been involved with a national side recently then the wages are surely justified? As would be for Andy Webster - from a top league club and has been involved with the scotland side

And to say that he wasn't worth the money payed is just ridiculous. Even those who don't like the guy have to admit he had moments where he played the clever pass or held the ball well. Imo he was more worth the money payed than we have seen from Gavin Williams.

How often has Gavin Williams started in his natural position of Central Midfield? Another wasted talent being played wide on the right IMHO!

And to say that he wasn't worth the money payed is just ridiculous. Even those who don't like the guy have to admit he had moments where he played the clever pass or held the ball well.

It wont be admitted but even GJ and probably SL will think deep down letting him go was a mistake.

Why ?? Why the whole Nick Carle breast beating stuff?? I reckon, as Nibor has pointed out, the only regret will be in buying him in the first place.

All he showed ,over nearly a season , was that he could do a decent Cruyff turn and that he couldnt shoot... at all....

what he was good for, especially against Palace over two legs ,was a bit of bite but we bought him to create and score goals which, imo, given that he was a big wage earner he never came close to showing he was going to do.

We doubled our money after a year on a player who hasnt done it at the club he moved to, so maybe a poor deal in the first instance but good business in the end ... imo ( and GJ) :winner_third_h4h:

In my opinion Nick Carle was a bargain for what we paid for him. A good player on the pitch capable of making the decisive tackle and the decisive pass and he was full of running. I spoke to him on one occasion and he seemed to be a well balanced individual. Can't fault the bloke and I reckon we've let a damn good player go to one of our fiercest rivals in this division. We got a £million for him from Palarse because that's what he's worth.

Why is everyone lamenting the sale of a player who played 20 odd games and didn't score or assist ONCE?

Probably beacuse of the way he played towards the back end of last season, at Sheff United he was superb and in the play offs bar the final he was excellent.

Imo he was a top player and with a full pre season he would have settled into the team and would have probably turnt into the creative player we are lacking.

Like others have said its too late know and hes sold, we never really replaced him and i think getting a player like him in january is vital.

It's a fair assessment, but with players like Trundle, who haven't really delivered to full potential, we get everyone saying "useless, shouldn't be in the team" etc etc.

Carle had a long run in the team to establish himself and show his quality, and for me, didn't deliver, so I wasn't too disappointed when we sold him at double the price.

Why is everyone lamenting the sale of a player who played 20 odd games and didn't score or assist ONCE?

well... didnt he pass the ball to carey? assist?

put his head where it hurts to win a 5050 for noble to shoot? assist maybe?

perfectly weighted ball to mccindoe for his free kick?(hasnt been done since, infact i think LJ f-ed a couple up early this season) assist

Archived