IGNORED

The Swansea Bubble

ciderhead456

Guest churchill gaffer
how come they are only paying £10 to get here, when we have to pay £14 just to get to cardiff, i hope its only a tenner for when we play them at the liberty.

Ps Get rid of bubble trips!!!!!

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/AwayTicket...1459243,00.html

Yes lets squeeze every penny out of City! :disapointed2se:

If you don't want to pay the extra £4 then don't go!

Bubble trips stop the trouble! They are a very good ideal, and always work. :fingerscrossed:

It probibly saves our club a lot of money on Police bills.

I'm not saying squeeze every penny out of city, I'm just saying other clubs pay much less than us and it seems unfair, surely as most people don't want bubble trips maybe they should offer value for money, to try and make more fans attend. because if you think about it, not selling outto a welsh derby at ninnian park earlier this year is shocking!!

It's the club that squeeze every penny from the fans! £14 per person on a coach of say 50 people is £700. Take off bridge toll, petrol and driver and it's still a whacking profit per coach, and lots of coaches went.

£14 on a coach to Cardiff if daylight robbery whichever way you look at it.

Bubble trips are a disgrace and I'm glad SL realises that fans aren't happy about it.

I find it shocking that people agree with a scheme that restricts movement for law abiding football fans under "crime prevention". Mind you this is the same counrty that sees opposistion MP's offices raided with no warrent.

Bubble trips are unnecessary and wrong. They inconvenience thousands of genuine fans and reduce the numbers going to the game when the better alternative is to use the umpteen CCTV cameras to arrest, charge and convict trouble makers.

There we go again.......thinking we are the only people in the world

What about the fact that bubble trips mean local normal joe public don't have to witness football thugs causing trouble and can go about there Saturdays normaly?

Its our (football fans) own fault for allowing trouble makers to cause problems in the first place

As someone already said - if you don't like it you don't go

Personaly I don't care.......I can go without a drink for a game or two - its not the end of the world

There we go again.......thinking we are the only people in the world

What about the fact that bubble trips mean local normal joe public don't have to witness football thugs causing trouble and can go about there Saturdays normaly?

By that rationale all bars in town centres should be closed. This is supposed to be a free country.

The alternative as I mentioned is nicking and convicting the troublemakers - treat the cause not the symptom.

Its our (football fans) own fault for allowing trouble makers to cause problems in the first place

Absolute rubbish. I am a football fan and I've never been involved in trouble, I am not at fault at all. I find it hard to believe you're even serious.

As someone already said - if you don't like it you don't go

Personaly I don't care.......I can go without a drink for a game or two - its not the end of the world

I don't and won't. Nor will many others. Nothing to do with having a drink really, I don't see why anybody should be forced to spend 3 times as long travelling as necessary and twice as much money on it as they would in a car just because the police can't be arsed to police.

Probably, it stops Swans fans going in the home end.

It may stop Swans walk-ups getting in the home end but there is nothing to stop them registering on your official site and buying up to 6 tickets each online. The official site doesn't say "Please tick this box to prove you are a genuine Bristol City supporter".

It may stop Swans walk-ups getting in the home end but there is nothing to stop them registering on your official site and buying up to 6 tickets each online. The official site doesn't say "Please tick this box to prove you are a genuine Bristol City supporter".

I'd be suprised if we sent tickets to a Swansea address. Away fans in home ends will never be stopped, I've done it a few times and provided the away fans show some respect and keep their mouths shut if they score, there's little problem with it.

And how many away fans have been in our stands over the last 5yrs say and started trouble.....It's always outside for the main bit of touble, inside is hand bags, and hand waving.

How many times have you seen trouble at all in the last 5 years around the ground? And not hand bags and hand waving?

Very little i guess.

In the last 5 years I would estimate I have seen fists flying around 10 times and verbals about 20 times.

Sad thing is that every time it was City against City.

It's the club that squeeze every penny from the fans! £14 per person on a coach of say 50 people is £700. Take off bridge toll, petrol and driver and it's still a whacking profit per coach, and lots of coaches went.

£14 on a coach to Cardiff if daylight robbery whichever way you look at it.

To be fair to City have you ever phoned up to book a coach and found out how expensive they are? now I know City will get a discount on how much they use them, but still its expensive I booked a 30 seater to go to swindown dog track for my 30th and after calling round for weeks the cheapest I could find was 12quid per person and swindon is just up the rd. I don't know if the City rep as such on each coach is payed or not, But some people like doing the hassel free coach. I for one hate them no pub's before and after and have a laugh with ya mates

To be fair to City have you ever phoned up to book a coach and found out how expensive they are? now I know City will get a discount on how much they use them, but still its expensive I booked a 30 seater to go to swindown dog track for my 30th and after calling round for weeks the cheapest I could find was 12quid per person and swindon is just up the rd. I don't know if the City rep as such on each coach is payed or not, But some people like doing the hassel free coach. I for one hate them no pub's before and after and have a laugh with ya mates

Not paid just a free match tkt

I understand why Cardiff is a bubble match but Swansea seems stupid to me. As far as I'm aware the only reason why is cos of the trouble Rovers had with them, which is totally stupid bet the evening post somehow blamed that trouble on us.

Ive been to Swansea quite a lot as one my mates lives there an never had any trouble even when ive mentioned I'm a Bristol City season ticket holder. Infact know a few Swansea fans who cheered us on in the playoff final (because we have Trundle) but surely if they hated us (which most of them don't, they don't hate us anymore than any other English club) they wouldnt cheer us on whatever!

I understand why Cardiff is a bubble match but Swansea seems stupid to me. As far as I'm aware the only reason why is cos of the trouble Rovers had with them, which is totally stupid bet the evening post somehow blamed that trouble on us.

Ive been to Swansea quite a lot as one my mates lives there an never had any trouble even when ive mentioned I'm a Bristol City season ticket holder. Infact know a few Swansea fans who cheered us on in the playoff final (because we have Trundle) but surely if they hated us (which most of them don't, they don't hate us anymore than any other English club) they wouldnt cheer us on whatever!

Going out in Swansea or Cardiff is different than at the ground.

When I went in that infamous 7-1 quality game, when we got outside there was what had to be a few hundred swansea fans taunting us and a big line of police stopping both sets of fans getting near each other.

Without the bubble arrangement, I think the pubs around the ground would be a bloodbath and many innocents walking to the ground, even wearing colours, will be subjected to a swift punch or two.

It's England v Wales for many and trouble would be an absolute certainty without the bubble arrangement. Personally, as a dad who likes to take his daughter to home and away games, I quite like the fact that when I walk out either ground, there is minimal chance of anything kicking off near her.

She is at that age where she talks "street" and comes out with cr@p like "i'll push them out my way" and silly things like that. I don't think anything can prepare a kid for the reality of a few blokes going at it and quite frankly, i'm happy for anything that reduces the chances of her seeing that.

I'm happy to pay £10 to £14 for the coach in these sort of games. I appreciate why some fans don't like bubble matches, but, as intimated earlier; this has been brought on by the reputation of both clubs.

Going out in Swansea or Cardiff is different than at the ground.

When I went in that infamous 7-1 quality game, when we got outside there was what had to be a few hundred swansea fans taunting us and a big line of police stopping both sets of fans getting near each other.

Without the bubble arrangement, I think the pubs around the ground would be a bloodbath and many innocents walking to the ground, even wearing colours, will be subjected to a swift punch or two.

It's England v Wales for many and trouble would be an absolute certainty without the bubble arrangement. Personally, as a dad who likes to take his daughter to home and away games, I quite like the fact that when I walk out either ground, there is minimal chance of anything kicking off near her.

She is at that age where she talks "street" and comes out with cr@p like "i'll push them out my way" and silly things like that. I don't think anything can prepare a kid for the reality of a few blokes going at it and quite frankly, i'm happy for anything that reduces the chances of her seeing that.

I'm happy to pay £10 to £14 for the coach in these sort of games. I appreciate why some fans don't like bubble matches, but, as intimated earlier; this has been brought on by the reputation of both clubs.

yes but its the choice we want, if you want to take ure daughter and you think there will be trouble, then take her on CATS, but let others travel how they like

No, not in this case - there was a notorious match, I don't know, 6 or 7 years ago? - when City fans arrived early and things escalated into serious trouble.

It was well publicised at the time and continued to be so for a long time to include lengthy court cases which I think ended up with half a dozen Swansea fans being sent to prison.

Seem to remember there was something about a police dog losing an eye as well?

Someone else may remember the details better, but from my recollection that day was on a par with the very worst clashes between City and Cardiff.

Archived