IGNORED

Who Will Start Up Front On Saturday?

gaz897

To be fair, I don't think GJ knows!

I hope Trundle will get a start as I think he can add something given a decent run and has probably been dreaming of this fixture since Swansea got promoted and we didn't !!

I won't be holding my breath though ! :icecream:

to be fair i don't think it makes a blind bit of difference because HE NEEDS TO SORT THAT BL00DY MIDFIELD OUT!!!!!!!!!!! :bruce_h4h:

and until he does that we could have torres up front and he wouldnt do much with balls lumpedup around his ear holes.

i think maynard will get a run now and with a bit of luck will get a few goals and cement his place. but i am worried about saturday. watching the swans v cardiff they looked everythuing we are not at the mo. pinging the ball about lovely in midfield and closing down all over the park. reminded me of another team i saw a fair bit of pre-xmas last season!!

I think Plummer might be on the bench though

No justification whatsoever for Plummer to be on the bench, in my view. He's not been outstanding in the reserves, which is surely pretty important for a young guy coming through.

If Dele and John are still struggling, I would expect Maynard and Akinde. Let Trundle loose with half an hour to go and tell him to change the game, if necessary.

No justification whatsoever for Plummer to be on the bench, in my view. He's not been outstanding in the reserves, which is surely pretty important for a young guy coming through.

If Dele and John are still struggling, I would expect Maynard and Akinde. Let Trundle loose with half an hour to go and tell him to change the game, if necessary.

I agree with your sentiments, but as Akinde hasn't even made the bench for the last couple of games - can't see it happening, although as a Target Man - he should be the obvious replacement for Dele.

As for Trunds, I think he, as you suggest, is only really capable of being an impact player from the bench(unfortunately).

Guest wheres your caravan??
I hope, but very much doubt, that GJ has finally seen that starting Adebola is a pointless endeavour. We have so many better strikers than Dele at the club I really can't see what he's done to justify still starting most games.

I totally agree with you.

IMO Dele's performances this season do not warrant his constant selection.

For me, if Trundle only starts one more game this season it HAS to be against Swansea City.

I'm a big believer in players coming back to haunt their previous clubs. If LT does'nt put in 110% against Swansea then he won't against anyone (not that i don't think he does). In his eyes this will be HIS biggest game since joining us. Put him in, even if its a role in midfield or a free role behind two strikers. As i have said countless times before, he will also get the best out of Maynard.

CITY 2 SWANSEA 0

TRUNDLE

MAYNARD

I hope its Maynard and Trundle but does anybody have a clue?

It's about time they get a fair chance to play together i've been hoping for this since start of season surely GJ has to give it a chance!

I think the bigger question is who will be playing with elliott in midfield to creat the chances for the strikers!!!

Guest ashtonyate
I think Plummer might be on the bench though

Yea with a leaky defence plummers is a good ideal, if adebola is not fit it has to be Akinda & Maynard

Lee Trundle has to start this game. If he doesn't then everyone will definatly know GJ feelings on this player.

What????

Or it could be that he decides to go with the same front 2 as at Preston?

Or, now John is fit, rekindles, Maynard/John

Or he has decided Trundle isn't fit enough/impact player from bench/didn't tie his shoelaces properly or 100 other reasons that only GJ(and KM) will know.

Why would Trundle not starting this game make any difference to how anyone perceives GJ's opinions on LT?

Because despite what Trunds might feel about Swansea, Gj will just see it as another game(albeit important in terms of breaking a bad run).

What????

Or it could be that he decides to go with the same front 2 as at Preston?

Or, now John is fit, rekindles, Maynard/John

Or he has decided Trundle isn't fit enough/impact player from bench/didn't tie his shoelaces properly or 100 other reasons that only GJ(and KM) will know.

Why would Trundle not starting this game make any difference to how anyone perceives GJ's opinions on LT?

Because despite what Trunds might feel about Swansea, Gj will just see it as another game(albeit important in terms of breaking a bad run).

I disagree, Trundle hasn't started for a long time and with the lack of goals and poor form from Adebola I believe he has deserved to start for a few games now. What better game to bring him in for?

Archived