IGNORED

Andrew Surman And Lallana

easton boy

The problem is, even if we could afford them (which is debateable listening to SL's recent comments) I think they will both have more attractive options than going to what is currently a lower mid table team.

Surnam is a good player, but I wonder if his lack of pace may hold him back a bit. I haven't seen much of the other lad but he appears to have some quality.

The problem is, even if we could afford them (which is debateable listening to SL's recent comments) I think they will both have more attractive options than going to what is currently a lower mid table team.

Spot on - why would two of the best young players in the CCC come to us now?

Lovely if it could happen of course.

Been a fan of Surman for a while and SURELY we must have been looking at him at some point, considering Southampton's situation, somewhere around £750k could tempt them?.......maybe try to shift out an midfielder to them in exchange as well? one of Noble/Johnson/Williams/Skuse.....to help sweaten the deal?

as for Lallana, Spurs were after him in the summer I believe but backed off when quoted £5m, quality player, but well out of our reach.

either way to even get Surman, we would have to sell before we buy and I don't know who we could see to finance a deal to get Surman here?

God, wtf has happened to Southampton?, bet they wish they stayed at the Dell, after moving to St Marys it all started to go a bit tits up for them, can we learn any lesson here?

Hmm, Walcott, Kenny Jones, Bale, Bridge if i can go back that far...its not like they didnt get nice cash for a few players.

Fans must be fuming :yawn:

Reckon most prem and champ clubs will have their scouts sniffing for bargains, if we want to take an advantage,. we should act immediately, but don't think it will happen, i would prefer to look overseas for players anyways, but maybe not Egypt. <_<

i would prefer to look overseas for players anyways <_<

GJ should have a word with Martinez after the game on Saturday about shopping abroad for foreigners, Bodde, Rangel, Bauza, to name but a few who have all arrived at the Liberty for nominal fees. Bodde and Rangel are certainly holding there own in the Championship and attracting interest from Premeirship clubs.

GJ should have a word with Martinez after the game on Saturday about shopping abroad for foreigners, Bodde, Rangel, Bauza, to name but a few who have all arrived at the Liberty for nominal fees. Bodde and Rangel are certainly holding there own in the Championship and attracting interest from Premeirship clubs.

Aye, Swansea do have a cosmopolitan look about them recently. Martinez has done alright. I like the ideal of bringing in unknown youth players from overseas, expecially Brazilian, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Argintine etc.. English player are awsome, but any decent ones with good technique instantly command silly fee's. We should buy players from country's with a screwed economy or 3rd world, you can be sure they work hard and are grateful too.

My boss is a saint fan. He told me today they are 25 million in debt and need to off load both these players in Jan and also 2 others including John in order not to go into administration. I think Lallana is out of reach but Surman would be brilliant to go alongside Marv. Fingers crossed. Not sure how attractive we'd be to those players though.

GJ should have a word with his chief scout - he meant to be great isn't he?

Aye, Swansea do have a cosmopolitan look about them recently. Martinez has done alright. I like the ideal of bringing in unknown youth players from overseas, expecially Brazilian, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Argintine etc.. English player are awsome, but any decent ones with good technique instantly command silly fee's. We should buy players from country's with a screwed economy or 3rd world, you can be sure they work hard and are grateful too.

Yip, there has to be some decent quality players around Europe, South America, hell anywhere that we could nip in and find! Nail on the head about homegrown lads with an ounce of skill, got to be very careful about who you choose and how much you pay.

Both would be great signings, and Surman is exactly the sort of improvement we could make in midfield, without having to pay the earth.

I've been saying thos to the lad's I sit and drink with for a while Saint's are in the S*** and we should go to the jan sales down on the south coast and pick up a bargain or two,

Also may I add how nice it is to see saint's in some big time trouble, there fan's are among the OHH we are such a big club brigade, well not so big now are we

God, wtf has happened to Southampton?, bet they wish they stayed at the Dell, after moving to St Marys it all started to go a bit tits up for them, can we learn any lesson here?

Hmm, Walcott, Kenny Jones, Bale, Bridge if i can go back that far...its not like they didnt get nice cash for a few players.

Fans must be fuming :yawn:

Reckon most prem and champ clubs will have their scouts sniffing for bargains, if we want to take an advantage,. we should act immediately, but don't think it will happen, i would prefer to look overseas for players anyways, but maybe not Egypt. <_<

I would have said the same a couple of months back.

But Saints MUST sell these players other wise they go into Admin and get 10 points deducted and almost certain relegation.

And a couple of months back they (effectively) sold us their 20 goal a season striker for 500kish?.

They are absolutely desperate. And depending on how desperate they are - they might not be able to hold out until Jan 31st to wait for the best possible deal.

We need to get Stern to have a word in Surmans shell-like...... :fingerscrossed:

I would have said the same a couple of months back.

But Saints MUST sell these players other wise they go into Admin and get 10 points deducted and almost certain relegation.

And a couple of months back they (effectively) sold us their 20 goal a season striker for 500kish?.

They are absolutely desperate. And depending on how desperate they are - they might not be able to hold out until Jan 31st to wait for the best possible deal.

We need to get Stern to have a word in Surmans shell-like...... :fingerscrossed:

Argee fully, we need to get in their ASAP with a decent offer, something that will make them think.....ok we could get better, but it's a good offer now....and try to get the deal DONE so he can join on 1st Jan, (if of course we are after him)

It's something we should be doing more often and something that could/should have been done in the summer, we were seriously looking at Sam Vokes last Jan and unfortunately due to the play-offs last season, we missed out on him as he then joined Wolves for a bargain fee (300k!!!) Lucky Wolves.

Argee fully, we need to get in their ASAP with a decent offer, something that will make them think.....ok we could get better, but it's a good offer now....and try to get the deal DONE so he can join on 1st Jan, (if of course we are after him)

It's something we should be doing more often and something that could/should have been done in the summer, we were seriously looking at Sam Vokes last Jan and unfortunately due to the play-offs last season, we missed out on him as he then joined Wolves for a bargain fee (300k!!!) Lucky Wolves.

You never know we may be in talks with him, we might be in talks with some complete randoms?

Carle was in talks for a few months before jan! John said we contacted saints a few months before he came! :fingerscrossed: Maybe some leaked news in a few weeks!!

Ther's a lot more Poles in Bristol than over there me thinks! :disapointed2se:

I think it would be a great thing to bring in a good polish player - it would bring in instant revenue and increased support from all the local poles, they love footaball and tend to be very interested in city, want to go to games etc.. and a recognised player would clinch their support no doubt

I think it would be a great thing to bring in a good polish player - it would bring in instant revenue and increased support from all the local poles, they love footaball and tend to be very interested in city, want to go to games etc.. and a recognised player would clinch their support no doubt

Would that be someone to help shine our trophies? or learn Italian? :cool:

and get our cars washed duuring the match! :disapointed2se:

Archived