IGNORED

Gj Denies Making 'defeatist' Comment

Nogbad the Bad

For anyone who starts off reading the thread, GJ: 'I don't know where the next win is coming from.' but doesn't get to the end.

Gary Johnson has denied ever making such a comment.

Like many others I'm sure, I was very concerned to hear the original 'quote', reassuring to hear from the horse's mouth that it was never said.

I'm sure he did and I watched it on the BBC news or something like that. I refuse to believe I dream about City, especially dream about GJ, so it must have been the news!

GJ denies it categorically and is flabbergated anyone would believe he would actually say such a thing.

I fear, Moomin, you do indeed dream about Gary Johnson. :innocent06:

I'm with MLA on this - pretty certain I heard it on the beeb earlier this week too!

Pretty certain I wrote in a thread somewhere earlier this week that I can remember him not having a 'bothered' look on his face when he said it. Bothered in as much that it was more tongue in cheek than serious.

Blimey, whose bed are you under, Moomin's when he's dreaming about GJ? :wacko::dunno:

That's from the Evening Post.

GJ says he never said that - I certainly believe him rather than a 'quote' that can easily be misconstrued.

GJ denies it categorically and is flabbergated anyone would believe he would actually say such a thing.

I fear, Moomin, you do indeed dream about Gary Johnson. :innocent06:

GJ definately did say it.It is getting a real worry that he according to this thread is now denying it.Let's just hope he remembers it 's his job to sort the current problems out.

GJ definately did say it.

You heard him say it then? I may have missed something but I haven't seen it anywhere except the EP.

I'm taking his denial from his interview on World, as follows:

"There's no way I say things like that. Unless you see me say it or it's in my programme notes, they're the one's that are the absolute truth, because you see it coming from my lips.

People like to spin it around............ take something out of context.

It's a shame people still read those sort of things.

People would think, 'would Gary have said that?' and hopefully 99% would have said, 'I don't think so.'

Every game we go into I really feel we can win that game."

You heard him say it then? I may have missed something but I haven't seen it anywhere except the EP.

I'm taking his denial from his interview on World, as follows:

"There's no way I say things like that. Unless you see me say it or it's in my programme notes, they're the one's that are the absolute truth, because you see it coming from my lips.

People like to spin it around............ take something out of context.

It's a shame people still read those sort of things.

People would think, 'would Gary have said that?' and hopefully 99% would have said, 'I don't think so.'

Every game we go into I really feel we can win that game."

Yep, Gary definitely said those exact same words that RUTB's post links to Noggers it was transmitted on the local news early this week.

I must admit, I thought it a set of rather revealing or perhaps, tad unguarded comments from Gary, that we rarely get to hear of to be honest.

If he has those thoughts as a manager, spoken in public, would it have helped or hindered the boys in this blip we're having?

Yep, Gary definitely said those exact same words that RUTB's post links to Noggers it was transmitted on the local news early this week.

I must admit, I thought it a set of rather revealing or perhaps, tad unguarded comments from Gary, that we rarely get to hear of to be honest.

If he has those thoughts as a manager, spoken in public, would it have helped or hindered the boys in this blip we're having?

In that case I'm stymied and confused. :noexpression:

If he did say them then maybe it was the way he said them that he's commenting on when he says,' there's no way I say things like that.'

I suppose he's now saying that whatever he actually said he didn't mean it to be taken the way it was, or it was spun to sound serious, when it was just a sardonic aside, given undue prominence, or taken out of context....... clutching at straws now.

No doubt he'll be much more guarded in his comments in future, either way.

Seems that maybe Moomin doesn't dream about GJ then, mind you with all those dreams about Keith Millen he'd be hard pressed to fit them in. :whistle:

For anyone who starts off reading the thread, GJ: 'I don't know where the next win is coming from.' but doesn't get to the end.

Gary Johnson has denied ever making such a comment.

Like many others I'm sure, I was very concerned to hear the original 'quote', reassuring to hear from the horse's mouth that it was never said.

...shame; seems quite an astute comment to make at the moment

Archived