IGNORED

Skuusseeeeee

DavidNoble

Was a SERIOUS contender for man of the match today.

Started slowly and but improved as the game went on, tackled everything that moved, worked very hard and outshone his midfield partner for me.

Showed some of the doubter he is actually a bloody good player.

That said, a midfield of him and Elliott is never going to be creating much, however we did look solid in midfield (AT LAST!)

Well played mate i thought you were excellent today. You and Marv worked well together. Didn't look like we were missing LJ at all. Starter at Ipswich definitely.

Was he man of the match does anybody know??

Started slowly and but improved as the game went on, tackled everything that moved, worked very hard and outshone his midfield partner for me.

That said, a midfield of him and Elliott is never going to be creating much, however we did look solid in midfield (AT LAST!)

He did play well, but we'll never win a game with that midfield. I wont say we missed LJ, but we missed a more attack minded midfielder!!

He did play well, but we'll never win a game with that midfield. I wont say we missed LJ, but we missed a more attack minded midfielder!!

But we did create a few chances, yes i agree not enough for somebody at home looking for a win but alot of people on here were complaining we weren't solid enough and that we wouldn't score anything until we sorted the mid-field out so surely now that we have done the defence and mid-field we can sort out the front line.

Skuse was quite effective i thought, passed it about a bit and i think he deserves more credit for his technical part of the game than he gets.

Over in other continents and even over here like at places like man city teams play 4-2-2-2 with a back four and two holding players, like Rafa liked to do alot at liverpool which is why Gerrard kept having to play out at the right. and then would have two wingers and two front men.

Maybe thats what GJ was trying to do???

Oh god yeah, said in another thread, it was a strange line up and a defensive one to be honest. but both players did they job well and the can only play in the team the manager picks.

To be honest though, despite the negative central midfield picking, it was nice that we are actually able to control central midfield today for spells which as been lacking most of the season,

Well Done Cole Skuse you proved all of your critics wrong today especially me. You have proved that Lee Johnson is not required in the Bristol City midfield and neither is David Noble.

Skuse was fantastic today but one great performance doesn't PROVE a single thing. When he replicates his level of performance over a number of matches then he may have PROVED something. However, the best thing about today is that with McIndoe and Sproule at least allowed to stay out wide due to the solidity of Elliott and Skuse in the middle it has highlighted the absolute folly of Lee Johnson's "undroppable" status within the first team.

I think those who say this is a defensive line up should look at what Cole Skuse actually did on the pitch today. Yes, he was all over the place breaking up the play. But he was also often the link man in the middle of the pitch, keeping the ball moving forward, and hit some great forward passes. He did the creative bit as well as the defensive bit.

I've always thought he had the potential to be more than just a holding midfielder. I think he's a damn good footballer. But so much of his City football has been played in a central midfield with Lee Johnson that his options for going forward have been limited. And I think his reputation with City fans has been damaged because he's not as good as Marvin was last year doing that job.

I thought that central midfield partnership today looked as good as any I've seen City put out for some time. It's always hard to judge these things until you've seen the formation a few times against different teams, but I'd like to see that pairing given more games.

Well done Cole.

Skuse was fantastic today but one great performance doesn't PROVE a single thing. When he replicates his level of performance over a number of matches then he may have PROVED something. However, the best thing about today is that with McIndoe and Sproule at least allowed to stay out wide due to the solidity of Elliott and Skuse in the middle it has highlighted the absolute folly of Lee Johnson's "undroppable" status within the first team.

VERY good point, Neither McIndoe or Sproule really dropped into the middle as often as recently because simply they didn't need to.

McIndoe did for the first half at times but as the game went on, we proved solid in the middle and the wingers stay out there.

all that said, having those 2 in the middle isn't the most positive of lineup's and isn't going to win you many games......however a good Away tactic as your not going to lose too many with those 2 in the middle

Cant disagree - After a fair time out put in a very good performance today. Looked totally up for the challenge and was out warming up at least 20 minutes before the rest? Thought the rest of them had set him up?

Am I the only one who thinks that OUR warm up routine looks totally unorganised? Other teams like Swansea today come to the Gate and seem to have a game of keep ball or similar whilst our lot appear to be allowed to do their own thing especially Super Lee, Nobes and Gav Williams who appear to be having their own private "Showboat" competition??? And as for Walshy laying off balls for all and sundry to shoot against the sub keeper - Please don't???

I think those who say this is a defensive line up should look at what Cole Skuse actually did on the pitch today. Yes, he was all over the place breaking up the play. But he was also often the link man in the middle of the pitch, keeping the ball moving forward, and hit some great forward passes. He did the creative bit as well as the defensive bit.

I've always thought he had the potential to be more than just a holding midfielder. I think he's a damn good footballer. But so much of his City football has been played in a central midfield with Lee Johnson that his options for going forward have been limited. And I think his reputation with City fans has been damaged because he's not as good as Marvin was last year doing that job.

I thought that central midfield partnership today looked as good as any I've seen City put out for some time. It's always hard to judge these things until you've seen the formation a few times against different teams, but I'd like to see that pairing given more games.

Well done Cole.

I agree with that mate he did well, let's hope he can keep improving and become the midfield genral thats hiding inside

Well done cole skuse excellent game today!!! Let me tell you if you carry on putting in performances in like that and get dropped when a certain little man is fit again i for 1 will put my season ticket that i have had for 15 years down the drain :tumbleweed:

Well done Cole

With LJ out today I was surprised GJ didn't take the opportunity to play either Williams or Noble central midfield.

After five minutes you could see Skuse was up for it by winning three challegnes which got us the ball and have attempts at goal. A part of our game that LJ does not provide, usually left to Elliott but he can't do it all on his own.

When you have the ball you can control the game and attack the opposition box with confidence, so playing Elliott and Skuse together gives more options.

Hopefully the start of a long partnership.

Skuse my MOM by far - just for getting in the faces of the swans.

the midfield was ok they TACKLED AND PASSED FORWARD NOT SIDEWAYS though i would play trunds in macindoe position as his distribution and creativity is far better and i would let him take freekicks as they would not be wasted and he would score a few of them :englandsmile4wf:

Skuse will defo start v ipswich as GJ just said in his post match interview that LJ is out for 7-10 days
that midfield should stay it looked solid allowing wingers to push forward thuogh swop macca for trundle and unless skuse or elliot has a bad game lj should stay on the bench :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Interesting, matching this thread with others bemoaning the fact that Skuse played instead of Nobes/Williams which alongside Marvin is seen as the creative option.

Wasnt there today ( lurgy :colder: ) but i don't know if we can get away with having Nobes in a two man midfield and i remain unconvinced by Williams so am pleased that Skuse did well and , funnily enough, not too unhappy with a point.

you reds...

Skuse had a super game.

He imposed himself early on with some strong tackles, good forward passing wherever possible, tracked back to make some important challenges, and got up to support the front two.

Really pleased for him, he wont play as well as that every game, but showed what he is capable of and deserves an extended run.

I was surprised that Cole wasn't given MOTM, guess it was only Mccombe keeping Scotland contained that edged it. No mean feat by the way, taking nothing from him.

Skuse put in a good shift and tried to get the ball moving forward where possible, and actually played the pass not just hopeless hoofball. He covered every blade of grass and helped the defence too.

My concern is that if anyone watching, scouts etc, would see a performance like this and research that he isn't a first team regular could tempt him away. I think people just assume Skuse will be here for ever. He need first team regular football, don't they all. Many of our other youngsters who have come through the ranks have been tempted away, or even gone away on loan. I wouldn't be surprised if Skuse was getting itchy feet and wouldn't blame him really. I don't know how long he got on his contract, but feel whilst we are watching the Orr drama Skuse may just slip through our fingers.

I was surprised that Cole wasn't given MOTM, guess it was only Mccombe keeping Scotland contained that edged it. No mean feat by the way, taking nothing from him.

Skuse put in a good shift and tried to get the ball moving forward where possible, and actually played the pass not just hopeless hoofball. He covered every blade of grass and helped the defence too.

My concern is that if anyone watching, scouts etc, would see a performance like this and research that he isn't a first team regular could tempt him away. I think people just assume Skuse will be here for ever. He need first team regular football, don't they all. Many of our other youngsters who have come through the ranks have been tempted away, or even gone away on loan. I wouldn't be surprised if Skuse was getting itchy feet and wouldn't blame him really. I don't know how long he got on his contract, but feel whilst we are watching the Orr drama Skuse may just slip through our fingers.

It's a though one with Cole, personally I've always rated him as a player, but his early season form was poor (however my view as always is that any midfield will struggle in a midfield with LJ), I think as long as he feels he's going to get first team action he'll stay, he is Mr Bristol City and unless the manager firmly tells him he's not in his plans he won't go just yet.

what annoys me however is some who slate him on the back of his performance against Brum, yes he had a poor game, but when your directly up against a player like Lee Carlsley (who for me everton should never have let go) your always going to have a tough game, I don't know how much better Marv would have done against him

Was up north last week on business and was talking to a premier scout who brought up the talk of Cole Skuse.

He said that in his opinion he could be a top player and has all the attributes of being one but struggles to have the belief in his own ability.

Maybe he needs a run and be given the responsibility to be the man instead of a sidekick.

Archived