IGNORED

The Wrong Decisions Were Made

Lack of Action Man

Once again a drab draw against a poor side that could have taken something from the game.

Firstly the way in which the ball was being played to Maynard was poor. The major culprits - Carey, McCoombe and McIndoe. Why are we lifting the ball to Maynard's head when his best attributes are using the ball in at his feet which when he did have it at his feet looked really lively and ready to pounce.

Secondly why did McIndoe start he has been mediocre at best in his past few games and now fully deserves to be dropped.

Thirdly Why was Maynard taken off for Trundle to replace him? Stern John was by far the laziest and least interested player on the pitch today and is not doing his best for this club He was played in 3 times by Trundle only to waste the ball by poking his leg out or having a heavy touch.

Finally Why was Sproule taken off and Williams brought on? Sproule was by far the best winger on the day and outclassed the feeble attempts of Mcindoe who played poorly. If Williams was to come on then take off Skuse. I admit he had a brilliant game today and proved that Lee Johnson is not missed but Williams in the centre, to me, seems the more logical choice. If not take Marvin Elliot off?

As for the goal I'm afraid I can't comment but I'll quote my ol' man when he says

Not all of the Atyeo stand can be wrong

Once again a drab draw against a poor side that could have taken something from the game.

Firstly the way in which the ball was being played to Maynard was poor. The major culprits - Carey, McCoombe and McIndoe. Why are we lifting the ball to Maynard's head when his best attributes are using the ball in at his feet which when he did have it at his feet looked really lively and ready to pounce.

Secondly why did McIndoe start he has been mediocre at best in his past few games and now fully deserves to be dropped.

Thirdly Why was Maynard taken off for Trundle to replace him? Stern John was by far the laziest and least interested player on the pitch today and is not doing his best for this club He was played in 3 times by Trundle only to waste the ball by poking his leg out or having a heavy touch.

Finally Why was Sproule taken off and Williams brought on? Sproule was by far the best winger on the day and outclassed the feeble attempts of Mcindoe who played poorly. If Williams was to come on then take off Skuse. I admit he had a brilliant game today and proved that Lee Johnson is not missed but Williams in the centre, to me, seems the more logical choice. If not take Marvin Elliot off?

As for the goal I'm afraid I can't comment but I'll quote my ol' man when he says

Not all of the Atyeo stand can be wrong

I thought they were a good side, 9th i think before kick-off.

And at least we looked more solid then before. You can't please everyone all the time but i liked the line-up more solid with a bit more pace with Sproule and McIndoe improved alot towards the end when he stayed wide.

If the goal had standed or any other chances gone in we would all be saying about how great a tactician GJ is.

I didn't think Swansea were that bad a team either, the best of the promoted teams without doubt.

Defensively and in Midfield they looked decent, but had nothing up front at all.

regarding McIndoe starting, you do recall he was our best player in the last game?? personally I though he had his best game for a while, however that's not difficult considering how bad he has been over recent months.

The Ref was awful today i thought, clear goal not given, pathetic free kicks given, he was poor. the same is to be said about gary johnson and his tactics and subs. but its not the first time this season hes made stupid mistakes. he cant take this club any further in my opinion. hes done all he can do for bcfc

The Ref was awful today i thought, clear goal not given, pathetic free kicks given, he was poor. the same is to be said about gary johnson and his tactics and subs. but its not the first time this season hes made stupid mistakes. he cant take this club any further in my opinion. hes done all he can do for bcfc

who would you rather managed Bristol City?

who would you rather managed Bristol City?

There are a few decent managers in the Championship. I reckon someone like Paul Sturrock could do a great job for us for a start when you look at the amount he gets out of limited resources at Plymouth. I'm not knocking Gary Johnson's record but by the same token he certainly ain't some untouchable who deserves god-like status. If managers suffer "loss of form" the same as players then GJ is well out of form at the minute.

I must have missed the eleven stunning saves that the Swansea keeper made then. He did make a couple to be fair but if anyone thinks we made eleven clear cut chances today then they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

well aside from the goal, John had a free header, McIndoe had a decent enough effort from the left, McCombe should have done better when the ball fell to him from a free-kick, and there were one or two goal line scrambles.

well aside from the goal, John had a free header, McIndoe had a decent enough effort from the left, McCombe should have done better when the ball fell to him from a free-kick, and there were one or two goal line scrambles.

So in reality we created around three clear chances and another three or four half chances then. Making the statistic of 19 shots in the game just what it is - a meaningless statistic.

Archived