IGNORED

Refs At The Gate

bunners2006

I don't want to sound as if I am moaning, but I am.

Every game I have been at this season, which in all fairness isn't as many as I wish I had, due to work commitments etc but every official we have had has been so very very poor. Simple decisions have been wrong, obvious decisions have gone the other way.

The ONLY explanation that I can think of is that the officials, become intimidated by the atmostphere and the supports.

Styles against Birmingham a few weeks back had an absolute shocker of a game against us and got so many decisions wrong and he is in the Premier League every week :disapointed2se:

I must say bunners i totally agree with you, Styles done us against S/Utd and again today another premier league referee in Lee Mason, what a rubbish performance always when we got the prem refs, its as though they think o boring got a crappy championship game this week :disapointed2se:

I really don't think the ref had too bad a game today, admitidly, he didnt give the 'goal', but wether or not he had a clear view i don't know (his linsmen certainly couldnt see), but the only other decision I felt he got wrong was Maynards booking, which was probably not much more than a free kick.

I really don't think the ref had too bad a game today, admitidly, he didnt give the 'goal', but wether or not he had a clear view i don't know (his linsmen certainly couldnt see), but the only other decision I felt he got wrong was Maynards booking, which was probably not much more than a free kick.

careys tackle on one of the many cheats they had was never a boolking either

I don't want to sound as if I am moaning, but I am.

Every game I have been at this season, which in all fairness isn't as many as I wish I had, due to work commitments etc but every official we have had has been so very very poor. Simple decisions have been wrong, obvious decisions have gone the other way.

The ONLY explanation that I can think of is that the officials, become intimidated by the atmostphere and the supports.

Styles against Birmingham a few weeks back had an absolute shocker of a game against us and got so many decisions wrong and he is in the Premier League every week :disapointed2se:

I thought the Ref was the best we have had all season, he let the game flow so well, he must have played about 5 advantages for each side. The problem is though, because he hasnt got eyes that our fixed and looking down from the Atyeo roof :whistle2: many people will slate him.

I thought the Ref was the best we have had all season, he let the game flow so well, he must have played about 5 advantages for each side. The problem is though, because he hasnt got eyes that our fixed and looking down from the Atyeo roof :whistle2: many people will slate him.

your got your opinion , ive got mine enough said :nono:

yesterday's ref was dreadful, terribly fussy and just didn't let the game flow, by constant blowing for silly nothing offenses.

Styles few weeks back was dreadful,

the only decent ref I can recall this season is Mr Singh a few months back, can't remember who it was but surely destined for the prem.

yesterday's ref was dreadful, terribly fussy and just didn't let the game flow, by constant blowing for silly nothing offenses.

I thought he let the game flow more than most we have had, as i said before he must have played about 5 or 6 advantages where other Refs would have stopped the game.

I also feel that another Ref could well have sent Carey off, after he was booked he was involved in 2 incidents that he did well to get away with.

Guest ashtonyate
I'm not just talking about todays game, it seems every time I go to the gate we get no luck at all and all decisions go against us.

One of the problems is the fan's do not know the rules so a lot of the time they voice there opinion with very little knowledge,as well ref's are given guide lines to follow so do not have much discretion in what they can do.

One thing which would make life a bit easer for the ref is have a live feed of the game to another ref in the stand to give the ref the benefit of the indecent and being told what has happened.

Final go back to the old off side rule as this new one is confusing with its passive & non passive play which is hard to enforce or understand

One of the problems is the fan's do not know the rules so a lot of the time they voice there opinion with very little knowledge,as well ref's are given guide lines to follow so do not have much discretion in what they can do.

One thing which would make life a bit easer for the ref is have a live feed of the game to another ref in the stand to give the ref the benefit of the indecent and being told what has happened.

Final go back to the old off side rule as this new one is confusing with its passive & non passive play which is hard to enforce or understand

I hate to say this but whilst the whole crowd were shouting "you don't what your doing." i was just sat down. i don't think the majority of people understand how hard it actually is to be a referee. on the cautioning side of things, DFK for a careless tackle, DFK and Caution for a reckless tackle, DFK and sending off for excessive force. Because this is quite vague the referee has to apply his own judgement within a matter of seconds. Lastly i'm not sure what people find so hard about the new offside rule, any playable part of the body offside. One small complaint, i wish people wouldn't appeal for offsides or handballs when their sitting and at a perculiar angle or the other end of the pitch. There is a reason why the linesman runs up and down the pitch. :city:

I really wish the refs would go on strike and then maybe some people might appreciate what a difficult job they do. Nearly every decision is open to interpretation these days. Yes poor decisions happen but they happen every day in every job role- that is what happens in life. It stops us from being robots.

We had loads of people screaming that the ref got it hopelessly wrong on Saturday for not giving us a goal yet when we have seen the replays loads of times we still can't tell for sure. Reffing a game is extremely difficult and I would love to see some people who moan take it up and see how far they get.

Archived