IGNORED

Credit Crunch, House Prices, Other Economic Strife

Mr Popodopolous

So I see the economy both here and globally would appear to be in some trouble.

Woolworths and MFI are on the rocks.

Houseprices are in freefall, fell 2.6% this month and it is a fall for the 13th month in succession. Although it is not necessarily a bad thing as a house is for living in in my view not necessarily for investment.

US unemployment went up by 530,000 in November, which is about 200,000 more than predicted.

And there were riots in China with people demanding work.

It's not exactly a rosy picture, is it? :disapointed2se:

Houseprices are in freefall, fell 2.6% this month and it is a fall for the 13th month in succession. Although it is not necessarily a bad thing as a house is for living in in my view not necessarily for investment.

US unemployment went up by 530,000 in November, which is about 200,000 more than predicted.

The only organisation talking sense on this issue is the Class War organisation. Why are the bankers not being punished for helping to collapse the world's financial markets? It was a breath of fresh air to see the Class War headline - 'Burn the Bankers' - fair shout. :dancing6: ........

Cw95cover[1].JPG

Economic predictions are like meteorological predictions and many economists are no better than astrologers.

Expect to see heavy showers on the 'poor' and bright sunny periods for 'rich'.

If you or I robbed a bank we'd most likely get banged up at Her Majesty's leisure for years. Yet when the Eton and Harrow public school educated Toffs rob banks, by awarding themselves £millions in bonuses, no one is punished. No wonder the Capitalist system is collapsing so quickly with so many Toff parasites feeding on the banking and financial sectors.

On the flipside it's a great time to run bargain shops.The poundland and the like are loving it. Aldi and Lidl are increasing their market share.

There is also a return to the market of good 90% ltv mortgages (First direct have a tracker option starting this week which looks like a bargain).

Got to feel sorry for those people being made redundant at the moment, though. I would hate to work in the retail sector at present.

Lucky enough to have fixed my mortgage 6 months ago for 25 years, god knows where the interest rates will be in a few years time, up up and away to pay all the loans back is my guess.

Makes me chuckle to see that the thing that got the country in this shit was borrowing, and now we are expected to believe that even more heavy borrowing is somehow going to solve all our problems.

If people think taxes are high now, wait and see what's around the corner.

I had a customer ring me the other day blaming the bank on bad advice for him having a fixed rate mortgage for 5 years that he took out last year at 6 percente! I tried to tell him that the law of averages mortgage rates go up and down and this is the risk you take when fixing your mortgage for a period of 5+ years. I'd hate to think how he would have coped in the early 90s when the rate was 15 percente!

This is just the start. The schizen will really hit the fan when thousands of your small bread and butter firms start to go bust and local economies start imploding. Tighten your belts, It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Cabot Circus Shopping precinct - at a cost of around £500 million - has been opened just in time for the most serious economic downturn to hit this country since the 1930's. Bristol could have had a 60,000+ seat purpose built sports stadium for that. :whistle2:

Time to revalue the worlds resources, and at the same time re-evaluate what's important in life.

I past years I got fed up with the government answering any criticism with "its good for the economy" Its all they ever said when dealing with immigration, totally daft housing markets, globalization etc... Our consumer culture is about to bite us on the arse in spectacular style. Forget the past recessions, what we are experiencing is going to reshape economics and modern society for good.

China, for instance, will need all their cash they are so proud of accumulating, but when it runs out their new middle classes will demand answers and China will turn very ugly very soon with billions out of work and in horrendous poverty, Chinas about to change, and thats bad for everyone on this planet because they don't give a flying ****.

America is about to come apart at the seams too, and I cant say i really care either, its about time they took accountability for their actions. I have no time for America now, its a soulless collection of strange freak states built on the promise of greed and exploitation, the American dream indeed.

America pretty much has remained the same since its birth and it never grew up, The USA is like a special needs child with a few hand grenades and attitude problem. I hate it how they have their little dirty paws everywhere, interfering with decent people trying to make a living. If you are in their way they'll just do what is necessary to get you out of their way regardless if you are innocent. If America wants total control of the world which is does then it should be held accountable for its mess when it ***** it up, and it will, and I'll laugh.

I past years I got fed up with the government answering any criticism with "its good for the economy" Its all they ever said when dealing with immigration, totally daft housing markets, globalization etc... Our consumer culture is about to bite us on the arse in spectacular style. Forget the past recessions, what we are experiencing is going to reshape economics and modern society for good.

The Victorians used to argue that using 5 year old children to clean their shitty chimneys was good for the economy. Young children used to have to work in coal mines and in dangerous factories as well because 'that was good for the economy'. Nothing's changed in the 100 or so years since the poster shown below was produced in th USA. I'm currently at the bottom of the Capitalist Class pyramid propping up the Tory toff/snob scroungers....but soon I'll be following the chap with the Red Flag out from under that pyramid and the pyramid will collapse maiming the toff/snob state scroungers above.....

capyrny3.jpg

The Victorians used to argue that using 5 year old children to clean their shitty chimneys was good for the economy. Young children used to have to work in coal mines and in dangerous factories as well because 'that was good for the economy'. Nothing's changed in the 100 or so years since the poster shown below was produced in th USA. I'm currently at the bottom of the Capitalist Class pyramid propping up the Tory toff/snob scroungers....but soon I'll be following the chap with the Red Flag out from under that pyramid and the pyramid will collapse maiming the toff/snob state scroungers above.....

capyrny3.jpg

Absolutely: I've been indulging in a little genealogy just lately.

Th 1861 U.K.census describes my grandmother's father's occupation as a "Coal Miner" - he was just ten years of age!

I'm sure that's quite typical.

Absolutely: I've been indulging in a little genealogy just lately.

Th 1861 U.K.census describes my grandmother's father's occupation as a "Coal Miner" - he was just ten years of age!

I'm sure that's quite typical.

Times were tough in Bristol thirty years before that - that's for sure. I posted the following on ziderheads a few hours ago and it's the situation we'll soon be back to if the plutocrats and aristocrats that misrule our country get their way.....

The Bristol protests/riots of 1831 where lowlife Toffs ordered the killing of the protesters and show trial hangings. These protests were sparked off by Toffs that didn't want ordinary Bristolians to be allowed to vote in elections. In 1831 Bristol suffered the worst civil disturbances in its history during these political reform protests. Most of the City, including Queen Square and the Mansion House fell under mob rule. The New Gaol was attacked by rioters who breached its iron gates after battering them with sledge hammers and crowbars for three-quarters of an hour, allowing a small boy to get inside and draw back its bolts. Around 170 prisoners were freed and joined the mob, the gaol's treadmill and gallows were set upon and were thrown into the adjacent New Cut.

The prison was then set on fire by the mob, the flames could be seen as far away as Wales. Order was eventually restored to the City by troops from Gloucester who opened fire on the mob, killing around 130 of our fellow Bristolians. In the following days those arrested for their part in the riots were tried before the Bristol Toff led Court. Five received the death penalty. Christopher Davies, John Kayes, Richard Vines, Thomas Gregory and William Clarke were all sentenced to be hanged over the entrance of the New Gaol.

Despite a petition to King William IV signed by 10,000 Bristolians, "including several merchants of the greatest respectability," there was to be no reprieve for those to be hung. The account of the hangings paints a pathetic picture of Toff retribution. The executioner - used to do the dastardly bidding of the Toffs - was described as a "poor, dirty, ragged and wretched person" who had only taken on the role to scratch a living. He was so overcome by the occasion that as he tightened the prisoners' nooses, he shook uncontrollably. He was only stopped from falling from the gallows by scrabbling at the prisoners' shoulders and being grabbed and supported by one of the jailers.

On Sunday 27th May 2000, a plaque was placed on the door of the Gaol to commemorate the rioters who had been hanged above its gateway, imprisoned or transported to Australia. It remains to this day as the only acknowledgment on the site of its part in Bristol's turbulent past.

Troops from Gas-cester shown killing and maiming our fellow Bristolians.....

riot3.jpg

Archived