IGNORED

Stern John To Sign For 1m

gaz897

Its one of those situations where the buying club hold all the cards.

One thing I do have faith in is Landown's shrewdness in the wheeling and dealings of securing deals.

Does SL lead on such discussions or is it left to Sexstarved ?

We haven't shown much shrewdness in the recent past, and if we pay anything for Stern John it will be a mistake in my worthless opinion.

he looked bloddy lazy on saturday, I wouldn't pay anything for him....

Unless you pay him £1 for every mile he runs during a game, the lazy sod. .......... :disapointed2se:

OK STREN JOHN WE OWE YOU A TENNER,.............

Why Johnson never took him off..........what is that bloke looking at......... :ranting:

he looked bloddy lazy on saturday, I wouldn't pay anything for him....

Unless you pay him £1 for every mile he runs during a game, the lazy sod. .......... :disapointed2se:

OK STREN JOHN WE OWE YOU A TENNER,.............

Why Johnson never took him off..........what is that bloke looking at......... :ranting:

10 Miles isn't really that bad is it :S

thinking about it, consdiering how skint they are......

Send Stern John back, then say......we know your skint......but how about we take that Andrew Surman off your hands for £1m......

everyone's a winner......ESPECIALLY US

:worship2: Buying Andrew Surman is an excellent shout, especially as we're short of decent midfielders. I still reckon Stern John would be a good buy as well.

10 Miles isn't really that bad is it :S

Without wishing to bore anyone cos I've mentioned it before, but I have a friend who is IT manager at Coventry and he tells me that, the average CCC player will run 6k during a match - compared with the average in the Premier League of closer to 8k (he gets his figures from Prozone). So 10 miles (6k) is probably about right.

Without wishing to bore anyone cos I've mentioned it before, but I have a friend who is IT manager at Coventry and he tells me that, the average CCC player will run 6k during a match - compared with the average in the Premier League of closer to 8k (he gets his figures from Prozone). So 10 miles (6k) is probably about right.

10 miles = 16k not 6

Thats backwards ....... 10 km = 6 miles , 6 km is roughly 3.6 miles

:tumbleweed:

Some of you should stop being so harsh on the bloke. He is a proven championship striker Fair enough he looks lazy but imagine if you were watching Berbatov and Drogba at the gate I expect you'd hate them because theyr lazy aswell?? He had a bad game but still managed a few decent chances that on another day he'd finish! I expect he'll be ours for 500k now if we could get Surman aswell perhaps he'll give him the same sort of service that got him 20 goals last season!

Some of you should stop being so harsh on the bloke. He is a proven championship striker Fair enough he looks lazy but imagine if you were watching Berbatov and Drogba at the gate I expect you'd hate them because theyr lazy aswell?? He had a bad game but still managed a few decent chances that on another day he'd finish! I expect he'll be ours for 500k now if we could get Surman aswell perhaps he'll give him the same sort of service that got him 20 goals last season!

On another day? like all the days he's played at the gate had chances and has scored them?

all hes done is a 93rd min consolation against reading when they couldnt be bothered to defend! :ermm:

Another thanks, but no thanks, from me too regarding John.

Not only the fact that he hasn't offered anything too much different that we already have, or could probably get in a different player elsewhere, but he just hasn't given the boost that is needed. The fans haven't taken to him as far as singing his name etc. He maybe a good player with plenty left but my gut feeling that he isn't the player for us at this moment in time.

Next please Gary.

I think that £1 million will be waaaaaaaaay off the mark.

Anything more than £300k-£400k would look like bad business to me, especially considering his arrival hasen't exactly helped sparked a massive uplift in fortunes (7 goals and 1 win in 9 games).

He's out of contract this summer and wouldn't even be worth that sort of money if he wasn't at his age.

Can believe we'll sign him, but can't imagine it'll be for more than 18 months which might not suit the bloke, so might not sign for us anyway.

If he gets 2 or 3 important goals in the 5 games (a winner on Wednesday would be a nice start...), puts in several quality showings and we end up paying the sort of fee we paid for Dele last January he'll look like a steal, but I'd be concerened if he hasn't chalked up another goal by the window and we still sign him on.

In the worst case wWe'd be better off playing Mr 'I-really-DID-sign-for-City,-honest!' Akinde instead, who could do with both the experience and time that this looking-to-be-midtable season would give him to develop into the player the gaffer thinks he'll be in the long term.

No subsitute for games at the sharp end.

Just to add my ten penny worth, I agree with 99% of the earlier posts regarding Stern John.

Any fee for him would be a waste, in fact I`d start a thread asking for donations to keep him away.

Southampton fans don`t rate him, they certainly havn`t been on here begging for him to go back.

Is the plan for signing players now based on their being mates of existing players ?

He`s no longer an automatic starter for his national team, so if he can`t raise his game for them ,why would that miraculously happen for us?

Stern John had 15 decent minutes against Reading and thats it, didn`t break sweat last Saturday.

If ever a game showed us we need pace upfront , did we not learn anything from the Reading game?

Adebola I had assumed was a short term buy, then we changed our whole system to accomodate him, look at our ratio of wins since we did that.So on that basis SJ is a short short term buy.

Havn`t we got enough youngsters here already being farmed-off on loan or getting splinters in their derieres that are now worth a try?

If Warnnock can make a decent fist of bringing in youngsters, why can`t GJ ?

People are not going to renew their season tickets next year to watch Adebola and Stern John up front, exciting not.

With Trunds, that would make 3 top earners up front over 30+, not good for the future.

There has been a lot of good points in this thread however for me,

I would not sign Stern John as he has not shown enough commitment or passion for our club and looks

like he is just here for the wage packet he is collecting.

Agree, if we our so keen on sighning a striker i would much rather save the 15 k a week we are paying John and the supposed 1 mill transfer fee and go out and buy Jermain Beckford.

Agree, if we our so keen on sighning a striker i would much rather save the 15 k a week we are paying John and the supposed 1 mill transfer fee and go out and buy Jermain Beckford.

Not a bad idea. Another would be to get rid of him now and save the 15k a week for a true legend of a striker...

The statue of John Atyeo of course :englandsmile4wf:

Why do you think that Beckford would be any better then what we have? I'm not trying to be funny I just want to know how much you have seen him or do you see his name every week on the score sheet and think why don't we go get him?

I have watched Leeds 5 or 6 times in the last season and IMHO he is made to look good by a relatively good midfield and would be made to look poor in this league.

He is the laziest strikers I have ever seen, I thought Tony T was lazy but believe Beckford takes it to a hole new level (seems not to do anything but moan at other Leeds players unless the ball is exactly where he wants it and doesn't seem to understand defending from the front).

I hope we don't even waist time looking at him.

John isn't getting 15k a week, since he is only on 10k at Southampton of which we are paying a percentage.

signing Beckford would be a waste of money since he's not significatly bettter than what we have here and we don't need strikers.

If GJ planned to take Stern permanently then I hope he's starting to think again.

He's got a great name and impressive CV, but he's no better than what we have and has even failed to net chances I'd expect other strikers at AG to score.

Not worth the fee, supposedly high wages, or a permanent contract from what I've seen.

signing Beckford would be a waste of money since he's not significatly bettter than what we have here and we don't need strikers.

Spot on, both counts.

As I mention above; we've got a young lad already on the books (who we've paid out for) who has scored as many as Stern for us in less games, is raved about by the management and could really benefit for the game time John has been getting.

Unless John bangs in a hat-trick tonight or a few over the next set of matches I'd rather give Akinde a shot.

I don't think for one minute that GJ would be stupid enough to pay £1million ponds for a has been player well at least not now I am sure that he has learned the lessons from buying Trundle and Adebola.

Although their hearts are in the right place and Adebolas work rate is second to none, but Stern John doesn't come even close.

Spend the £1million on Nathan Tyson.

I don't think for one minute that GJ would be stupid enough to pay £1million ponds for a has been player well at least not now I am sure that he has learned the lessons from buying Trundle and Adebola.

Although their hearts are in the right place and Adebolas work rate is second to none, but Stern John doesn't come even close.

Spend the £1million on Nathan Tyson.

No we don't need another striker.

Spend the money ( if we have any to spend) on a creative midfielder, one who know where the back of the net is and who isn't affraid to get stuck in , take the ball forward and thread balls through for our strikers to run onto, or a winger that knows that beating the man and getting to the byline, then crossing balls into the box is a pretty effective way of getting the crowd going and creating service for the strikers, but i suspect it will be another striker to blame for our teams lack of goals when they get no service from midfield. :ranting:

Archived