IGNORED

Hats Off

Abraham Romanovich

A night for proper fans at Ipswich, small crowd expected, freezing cold, lack of atmosphere and a very long journey.

Travelling more in hope than expectation.

Good Luck and Well done.

Just out of interest does any one know our smallest ever away support.

Can't be as bad as Real Mallorca surely

Well I went to Norwich in the freezing Winter of 78 when there were only 5 of us in the huge windswept away area, me and a mate and 3 others wearing City scarves but with London accents. :noexpression:

There were about 8 others in our group but they chose to go in another, 'warmer' area of the ground. Maybe other groups did the same.

I can only think any City supporters coaches didn't make it to the ground due to appalling road conditions on the day but that didn't affect us as we'd gone up the day before. :colder:

I remember reading about 15 years ago that we had one person in the away end at a midweek LDV game at Shrewsbury

That was a mistake in the press. The one person behind the goal was a ballboy. Shrewsbury didn't open the terrace that night and we had to sit in the stand. Rubbish for 120 minutes and we lose on penalties.

One of the worst league supports I can remember was Charlton away in the early 90s. It was a Wednesday night at the Valley and we lost 3-1. There only seemed to be about 100 or so.

I went to Halifax midweek in '82 for a 2-2 draw, it was, if my memory is correct, a Wednesday night game after a Saturday trip to Hartlepool, the sole CATS coach had about 30 on it, by far the fewest I can recall from those dark days.

I went to Halifax midweek in '82 for a 2-2 draw, it was, if my memory is correct, a Wednesday night game after a Saturday trip to Hartlepool, the sole CATS coach had about 30 on it, by far the fewest I can recall from those dark days.

I remember going to Cambridge United, probably around 1980/81, where we also numbered no more than 30. A 10-hour round trip and the CATS coach was attacked by Cardiff fans in the services on the way back down the M4...

...oh, and we lost. Though I seem to recall a few of the lads did stage an ironic pitch invasion when we scored a consolation goal at the end. Which was hilarious :noexpression:

Good times!

So yeah, respect to the hardy souls travelling to Ipswich tonight :worship2:

Can remember the cup game at Exeter may of been the same as prev post, standing on railway sleepers on the terracing if my mem serves me right, also Blackpool in a cup game we had at least 2 seats each on the only coach, it rained and we lost.... I think.

I would go to every home and away game if someone would guarantee to pay my bills every month, but now more than ever it aint cheap to watch footie and money is to tight to mention. :disapointed2se:

Archived