IGNORED

Curious Spread Of Results

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Breaking the division into quarters and looking at the points taken per quarter produces the following.

Top Six---H / A

Plymouth 3 / 3

QPR 3 / 1

City N/A

Swindon 3 / 1

Hartlepool 1 / 3

Brighton 1 / 3

Total 22 points

Second Six---H / A

Port Vale 0 / 0

Bournmouth 3 / 1

Tranmere 3 / 0

Luton 0 / 1

Colchester 3 / 0

Blackpool ? / 0

Total 11 points + ? (Blackpool game)

Third Six---H / A

Barnsley 3 / ?

Wrexham 3 / 1

Oldham 0 / 1

Sheff Wed 1 / 0

Stockport 3 / 0

Brentford 3 / 3

Total 18 + ? (Barnsley game)

Bottom Six---H / A

Peterborough 1 / 3

Rushden 3 / 1

Chesterfield 1 / 3

Grimsby 3 / 3

Notts Co. 3 / 3

Wycombe 1 / 0

Total = 25

As we should expect, the biggest points haul comes from the bottom six ( although the top 6 total is really 5 as we don't play ourselves), I'm at a loss to explain why we seem to have lifted our game for the top six and struggled against the mid-table sides.

Attitude problem? Motivation problem?

If only Danny could have achieved the top & bottom six form against the mid-table we would have won this league at a canter.

Mark McGhee made a very good point in Friday's Evil Post by saying that we are a big fish in a small pont and that all the smaller clubs raise their games for us. We're like the Man. Utd of the 2nd Div, there to be shot at. When teams attack us we tend to do well, hence the results against the top 6.

Mark McGhee made a very good point in Friday's Evil Post by saying that we are a big fish in a small pont and that all the smaller clubs raise their games for us. We're like the Man. Utd of the 2nd Div, there to be shot at. When teams attack us we tend to do well, hence the results against the top 6.
You can apply that to QPR, Barnsley, and Sheffield Wednesday, and on this seasons gates Plymouth too, and it might have merit...but surely a side like ours has the nous to overcome these approaches? dont it??

You can apply that to QPR, Barnsley, and Sheffield Wednesday, and on this seasons gates Plymouth too, and it might have merit...but surely a side like ours has the nous to overcome these approaches? dont it??
You would've thought so wouldn't you?! Dont ask me, ask Danny Wilson!

• Admin
If anyone knows where I can find all the previous league tables for this season, I can work it out.
Chris,

If you click the league position after each result on the fixtures/results section of the official site, it gives the league table after that game.....ie, clicking the 1 after the Notts County result shows Chesterfield to have been 13th when they held us to a 1-1 draw at home. :dunno:

• Admin
Chris,

If you click the league position after each result on the fixtures/results section of the official site, it gives the league table after that game.....ie, clicking the 1 after the Notts County result shows Chesterfield to have been 13th when they held us to a 1-1 draw at home.  :dunno:

Thanks Ian :) .......... <exasperated scowl> no one was supposed to pick up on that.

• Admin

Well I've done it for you now, didn't take that long actually.....

1st-6th 2.25ppg (12 games)

7th-12th 1.5ppg (8 games)

13th-18th 1.5ppg (12 games)

19th-24th 1.58ppg (12 games)

Shows up a shocking under-performance against the "lesser" sides which suggests to me motivation defects in the management.

Anyone will be "up for" games against sides at the top of the table as confirmed by our record in those games. However, whether the players are to blame or not, it is the management's responsibility to ensure they are just as motivated for the rest of the games and our record in the 32 games against sides placed 7th to 24th shows that they fail to perform to their ability which is more than likely put down to "attitude".

As an aside, we average 2.5 points per game in games against sides who begin the day in 13th (4 games). Everyone knows in maths you round .5 up so that's a guaranteed win this avo? However, our next opponents Blackpool lie 14th where we average just 0.33ppg (3 games) so a defeat is on the cards! Barnsley and Blackpool lie on the same points though so a 2-0 win for us this afternoon would move Blackpool up to 13th and into the "guaranteed win" category again :)

• Admin

I was going to do it.............honest.

But I'm sat here with my head in my hands, what with the nerves kicking in for todays game and the fact that in trying to delete a user profile from my PC, I've deleted every personal file, photos, favourites etc....... I'm gutted. Glad I had a back up of the PL spreadsheet - but thats the only thing I had backed up. :)

• Admin
I was going to do it.............honest.

But I'm sat here with my head in my hands, what with the nerves kicking in for todays game and the fact that in trying to delete a user profile from my PC, I've deleted every personal file, photos, favourites etc....... I'm gutted. Glad I had a back up of the PL spreadsheet - but thats the only thing I had backed up.  :sub:

Download and Install this trial version

Then I think this alphanumeric combination might prove "useful" 75PJM-KURU1-6H2GB-L41MX-CUBRT-Y6SKU :)

Once installed you want to click "File recovery & Destruction" from the left hand menu, followed by "TuneUp Undelete".

Archived