IGNORED

A Refund

42 trumpton

Think about it, you have taken today (half a day) off to follow your team who quite frankly don't look like winning soon.

Yet you do it because you love your team.

Cold night, ripped off tkt prices and more than likly the same old excuse of why we didnt win again.

Spare a thought for those 206 city fans who made the long trek up there.

Surly as a thank you, we played crap again. a goodwill gesture of a refund on those tkts wouldnt go a miss, maybe out of the players wages??

Think about it, you have taken today (half a day) off to follow your team who quite frankly don't look like winning soon.

Cold night, ripped off tkt prices and more than likly the same old excuse of why we didnt win again.

Surly as a thank you, we played crap again. a goodwill gesture of a refund on those tkts wouldnt go a miss, maybe out of the players wages??

Only the players? I think it's about time our bullet proof manager started to take some responsibility for the mess he has created too.

Not a chance, Bristol City football club don't give a s**t about the fans, never have never will.

They just want your hard earnt cash and willl give nothing back in return apart from a pathetic 1 min clap at the end by the players.

What really hit home this fact was last week my mate was short of a 1 pound yes 1pound ! to buy a ticket, he is an exile and came down from London. The bloke in the ticket office wuldnt let him off even thou me or him dint have any money on us, we had to walk all the way back to bedmister to draw out some money this of course ment missing 10 mins of the match.

This just sums up what are belove football club are like.

Grow up. We lost a game, we've lost before and we'll lose again. When you decide to go to a game you pay your money and go. If it turns out your team was crap and lost then why would you get a refund? It's a chance you take when you decide to go to a match.

It's not like going to a restaurant and being served bad food, it's a game and there are no set standards that have to be met.

On that basis do I get a refund on my ST because we lost against Birmingham/Reading? We shipped 4 against Reading so do I get a bigger refund than the lads who trekked to Ipswich??

Not a chance, Bristol City football club don't give a s**t about the fans, never have never will.

They just want your hard earnt cash and willl give nothing back in return apart from a pathetic 1 min clap at the end by the players.

What really hit home this fact was like week my mate was short of a 1 pound yes 1pound ! to buy a ticket, he is an exile and came down from London. The bloke in the ticket office wuldnt let him off even thou me or him dint have any money on us, we had to walk all the way back to bedmister to draw out some money this of course ment missing 10 mins of the match.

jog on! this clubs is better than most mate,

the players repay us by putting us as a club on the map again last season, getting us on the tele loads, scoring goals(occasionally)

does the cinema say thanks for coming? does it F

and the prices don't change, they are available on the internet and if you don't bring enough money it's completely your problem. the club have £2million debts and you want them to let people in for less than the admission fee?

i know, lets all go in for free! see how long it takes before 84 happens again

i know a place where you shouldnt get any trouble as they'l take all the money and fans they can take... its up the north end of brizzle try it!

Grow up. We lost a game, we've lost before and we'll lose again. When you decide to go to a game you pay your money and go. If it turns out your team was crap and lost then why would you get a refund? It's a chance you take when you decide to go to a match.

It's not like going to a restaurant and being served bad food, it's a game and there are no set standards that have to be met.

On that basis do I get a refund on my ST because we lost against Birmingham/Reading? We shipped 4 against Reading so do I get a bigger refund than the lads who trekked to Ipswich??

Unfortunately the club will be hit much harder than dishing out refunds. Because I am sure that next season there are going to be literally thousands who don't renew their season tickets. If we stay up I can see us getting around 10K tops of season ticket sales due to recession and p1$$ poor football being a very poor combination.

the players repay us by putting us as a club on the map again last season, getting us on the tele loads, scoring goals(occasionally)

and the prices don't change, they are available on the internet and if you don't bring enough money it's completely your problem. the club have £2million debts and you want them to let people in for less than the admission fee?

i know a place where you shouldnt get any trouble as they'l take all the money and fans they can take... its up the north end of brizzle try it!

What happened in '84?

No need for the sarcasim..........

Considering my mate drove down from London and has had a season tciket for the past 6 years i thought the least the club would do is to let him off a quid!

Like i said this sums up the club no loyalty or respect for the fans that pay there wages.

What really hit home this fact was last week my mate was short of a 1 pound yes 1pound ! to buy a ticket, he is an exile and came down from London. The bloke in the ticket office wuldnt let him off even thou me or him dint have any money on us, we had to walk all the way back to bedmister to draw out some money this of course ment missing 10 mins of the match.

then go and support the gas, what idiotic fans we have, and as for your mate it was his own bloody fault don't blame the club for that.

then go and support the gas, what idiotic fans we have, and as for your mate it was his own bloody fault don't blame the club for that.

So i am an idotic fan for asking the club to give me back a tiny percentage of the thousands i have put in the coffers, i as other fans have travlled up and down the country to watch city, i have made lots of sacrafices as I'm sure you and others have just to follow our beloved club and in a time of need the club basically told me and my mate to go and do one. Yes the club is in debt but so our many fans, they still manage to fork out the ridiculous prices the club charge.

I understand this sounds terribly petty but it was the principal that angered me, the times i have put my self out for the club, missed trains, had to stay over night in places like chesterfield and crewe and they couldnt do the decent thing and turn a blind eye. My mate travels down from Kingston in London and trys to get to what ever games he can, the man in the Dolman ticket office knows he regularly comes as he serves us usually but he still culdnt to the decent thing and turn a blind eye to it.

Me and my mate will follow City whatever but considering the things we have done for the club not letting us off a pound IMO summed up the way football is going.

So i am an idotic fan for asking the club to give me back a tiny percentage of the thousands i have put in the coffers, i as other fans have travlled up and down the country to watch city, i have made lots of sacrafices as I'm sure you and others have just to follow our beloved club and in a time of need the club basically told me and my mate to go and do one. Yes the club is in debt but so our many fans, they still manage to fork out the ridiculous prices the club charge.

I understand this sounds terribly petty but it was the principal that angered me, the times i have put my self out for the club, missed trains, had to stay over night in places like chesterfield and crewe and they couldnt do the decent thing and turn a blind eye. My mate travels down from Kingston in London and trys to get to what ever games he can, the man in the Dolman ticket office knows he regularly comes as he serves us usually but he still culdnt to the decent thing and turn a blind eye to it.

Me and my mate will follow City whatever but considering the things we have done for the club not letting us off a pound IMO summed up the way football is going.

well, you got what you payed for mate, you payed to see the game and you saw it. Thats part of what following your team is all about through the good times and bad ones, if you want to see your team win ever game go and support united or chelsea

well, you got what you payed for mate, you payed to see the game and you saw it. Thats part of what following your team is all about through the good times and bad ones, if you want to see your team win ever game go and support united or chelsea

You missed the point, what i was trying to say is the effort money and time we have put in dosnt mean jack to the club. I would have just liked the club to understand all the s@it us fans go through and the least they could have done was to turn a blind eye to it.

Winning or losing dosnt come into it, ive suppoted the club since 93 the majority of those years have been poor and the last two seasons have been the only ''glory days'' i have seen as a city fan.

I don't want to keep harping on about it but that one pound they could have given me would have been the only amount of money the club has ever given back to me, like i said considering all the effort us fans put it in i don't think i was asking for that much in return.

You missed the point, what i was trying to say is the effort money and time we have put in dosnt mean jack to the club. I would have just liked the club to understand all the s@it us fans go through and the least they could have done was to turn a blind eye to it.

Winning or losing dosnt come into it, ive suppoted the club since 93 the majority of those years have been poor and the last two seasons have been the only ''glory days'' i have seen as a city fan.

I don't want to keep harping on about it but that one pound they could have given me would have been the only amount of money the club has ever given back to me, like i said consdiering all the effort us fans put it in i don't think i was asking for that much in return.

oh rite i see what you mean but i don't think there is any real way the club could give us money back, think about it BCFC are a business and need to make money like the rest of us,

I've been to every league away game this season including the below par performance against Ipswich yesterday, I was disappointed with the result and it was a trek and a half getting up there, some away days I've spent as much as £100 and I'm far from wealthy. Anyway I will do it again every away game this season, its what being a City fan is all about, there will be highs as well as lows. If its not good enough for you I hear Man Utd are looking for fans!

I have nothing but respect for the fans who renew their season tickets each and every year regardless how we are performing and what league we are in.

As for the pound, I know it sounds petty but its a business!

oh rite i see what you mean but i don't think there is any real way the club could give us money back, think about it BCFC are a business and need to make money like the rest of us,

But you go to a restraunt get crap service or a poor meal then they could do the decent thing as a good will gesture and refund part of your money.

Therefore as the act of goodwill you may return next time hoping the product improves.

And certain staff at the club might reilise that football is a luxury for most of us.

Quick translation:

"in time of need" = forgot to go to the cashpoint

"told me and my mate to go and do one" - refused to sell a ticket for less than the advertised price. Presumably the money in the tills gets checked, so that this would show up as a shortfall in the till concerned

"put my self out for the club" = overcome difficulties because, despite everything else, I want to go to a match.

I think we all need to remember:

- we support City and go to matches because that is how we choose to spend our time/money - it's our choice;

- the best way the club can repay our support is by being successful on the pitch, which unfortunately takes money, quite a lot of luck, and a huge amount of patience

I went and I wouldn't ask for a refund. Football and sport in general isn't like other services- anything can happen that is why it can be so exciting etc. One win away from home is worth far more than the value of a ticket and is worth losing a few before you get it.

Ah the voice of reason!

The evening cost me about £80, I knew it would be about that much and I wasn't expecting a fantastic performance. I thought it was a better performance than Palace away and at half time actually thought me might get at least a draw. But as someone who decided not to go to Mansfield in November 2002 I felt I needed to support the team and want to be there when things turn around. After all it wasn't that long ago we were beating Charlton, Coventry and Blackpool away! :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

when we beat coventry earlier in the seaon by playing some great football i never saw SL outside the turnstiles with a bucket asking for a £1 or £2 extra becuase we had played well and won, you pay your money you take your chance. I would never except a refund from city because they had played rubbish, i went to swansea and never accepted the travel voucher i was entittled to becuase at the end of the day the club cant afford it.

i go shopping at the same supermarket every week, if i went in for a loaf of bread and said i was 20pence short do you think i would be allowed to take the bread home?? No i don't think so.

Archived