IGNORED

Gary Johnson Must Now Go

Guest djc

the "some of our own" are gas

why else with someone with 7 posts come out and say sack johnson?

look mate ive supported the city for 35years and I'm not going to stop now,butin that time weve have countless managers and players and the only thing that doesnt change is our support even the bloody chairman changes so all this loyal till the end is b***ocks and if gj is seen to start to take the club backwards again or looks like hes give all he can give then we should part company but one things for sure i will still be there supporting the team whoever is in charge as i always have i hope it all changes and we rush up the league but be honest can you really see that happening we cant score goals and we couldnt score goals last year either but the differance this year is the team spirit has gone ,infighting amongst players and if hes going to prove himself gj has to do it now in the face of adversity and to be honest i don't think hes got the personality nor the know how to do it and guess what that doesnt make me gas

look mate ive supported the city for 35years and I'm not going to stop now,butin that time weve have countless managers and players and the only thing that doesnt change is our support even the bloody chairman changes so all this loyal till the end is b***ocks and if gj is seen to start to take the club backwards again or looks like hes give all he can give then we should part company but one things for sure i will still be there supporting the team whoever is in charge as i always have i hope it all changes and we rush up the league but be honest can you really see that happening we cant score goals and we couldnt score goals last year either but the differance this year is the team spirit has gone ,infighting amongst players and if hes going to prove himself gj has to do it now in the face of adversity and to be honest i don't think hes got the personality nor the know how to do it and guess what that doesnt make me gas

We're having a average season, thats all. GJ has now admitted that we need to improve our squad - no harm in showing loyalty to the squad that did so well last season.

Come back and complain when we're in a relegation battle by all means, but til then its premature if you ask me!

We're having a average season, thats all. GJ has now admitted that we need to improve our squad - no harm in showing loyalty to the squad that did so well last season.

Come back and complain when we're in a relegation battle by all means, but til then its premature if you ask me!

Suggesting that GJ should go is indeed premature, though the term you use must refer to him being a little squirt. :noexpression:

There's no turning the clock back, but the big disappointment is that he did not build on what we had achieved last season, and bring some real strength and quality to the squad.

The ins and outs of the summer trading left us in deficeit IMHO and therein lies the problem. Not so much quality, not so much belief and as a result, it could be argued, not so much luck. The 100% fighting-for-everything team spirit is no longer there.

I've mentioned it before that it seems that GJ favours graft over craft, but I don't think that will ever be enough in this league. Given the fix we are in and the "panic buying" that this can lead to, I don't hold out much hope for an influx of quality players in January. After all it didn't happen in the summer and as losing play-off finalists we were in a better position to attract the type of players we needed. I think we are going to have a bit of a battle on our hands to stay up. Hope I'm wrong. :fingerscrossed:

I wonder if this time last year Hull fans were having the same debate about there manager as they were in a similar position and turned it round without sacking the manager, who by the way was not experienced at this level as a manager.

You have to give GJ the chance to sort things out in January as Brown did at Hull, and as GJ did in his first season with us, granted if he does not bring players in and at least keep as away from the bottom 7/8 this season then SL will have to think hard about what he does. IMO our expectations are to high but this was not helped by GJ/SL saying they were going for the top 2, surely we could not expect anymore than another crack at getting into the play offs this season.

Right now there is not another available manager I would want at this club other than GJ but the next 3 months will indicate whether he can take this club further.

Yes they were, but Phil Brown brought in a large number of loan players to push them up the table whilst GJ refused to bring any one in and upset the "team spirit". I believe this cost City promotion last season and if the same route is taken this season will result in relegation for us.

I have said it once at will say it again we were a very average side last season who played well, whilst all around played poor, this season we are a very average side who are playing poor and all around are playing well !

GJ should not and will not go, but he must pull his head out from his arse and realise he may well not be as good as manager as the hype around him suggest.

I've removed a fair few posts that are personal remarks.

I realise it's an emotive point of view in the opening post, but if we could keep to discussing the topic rather than making accusations and name-calling, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

No one is daft enough to think this situation is satisfactory but calling for the managers head is rather naive. GJ's first season here saw us lose 8 or 9 games on the bounce then all of a sudden things clicked and we rose up the league table. The transfer window opens in less than 20 days and then there will be the chance to alter things. I read on here GJ is the best manager we've had since Alan Dicks and I would agree with that but AD had the time to build a strong squad but he also made a few poor signings. If Harry Dolman or his successor had paniced and sacked Dicksy then we wouldn't have play in the top flight. And where would Man U be if Sir Alex hadn't been given time and patience by the board?

I personlly believe we should support the team, the manager and the chairman/board through thick and thin. Not saying the right to free speech should be denied but a modicom of common sense should prevail. Enjoy the good times following the boys but how about supporting them when times aren't so good or do you switch to your 2nd team when things aren't going well. Lets get behind BCFC like we did between 1980 to 1984 (three successive relagations) and including 1982.

Right, cus your mystic meg and can say we will do that with a different manager, and will not do that with GJ who has won us 1 in 10 right?

No but I'm mystic Alex_BCFC.

I can't say anything for sure but surely a guy who has been the first person to get us promoted in 10 years deserves a bit longer to turn things around again just like he did the first time? This sacking of managers all the time is ridiculous and I'm glad we have someone like Lansdown as chairman who won't panic and go with kneejerk reactions like yours.

No one is daft enough to think this situation is satisfactory but calling for the managers head is rather naive. GJ's first season here saw us lose 8 or 9 games on the bounce then all of a sudden things clicked and we rose up the league table. The transfer window opens in less than 20 days and then there will be the chance to alter things. I read on here GJ is the best manager we've had since Alan Dicks and I would agree with that but AD had the time to build a strong squad but he also made a few poor signings. If Harry Dolman or his successor had paniced and sacked Dicksy then we wouldn't have play in the top flight. And where would Man U be if Sir Alex hadn't been given time and patience by the board?

I personlly believe we should support the team, the manager and the chairman/board through thick and thin. Not saying the right to free speech should be denied but a modicom of common sense should prevail. Enjoy the good times following the boys but how about supporting them when times aren't so good or do you switch to your 2nd team when things aren't going well. Lets get behind BCFC like we did between 1980 to 1984 (three successive relagations) and including 1982.

ive supported them since the 70s and have been there when terry cooper had himself and a group of kids playing ive been there throughout each of our successive relagations and back again so do feel i have the right to critisise gj if thats how i feel because i will still be supporting them when gj the chairman and the players have long departed

ive supported them since the 70s and have been there when terry cooper had himself and a group of kids playing ive been there throughout each of our successive relagations and back again so do feel i have the right to critisise gj if thats how i feel because i will still be supporting them when gj the chairman and the players have long departed

Yes you'll still be here, no doubt moaning about whatever manager is in the posistion and talking about the good old days, when GJ was manager.

I mentioned yesterday that this sentiment was close to the surface, and am totally unsurprised that a fair few are now openly stating that the best thing to do would be to get rid of GJ.

It's not right at the moment (don't think anyone would say the opposite) but sacking Johnson after he has got us this far would be critically short sighted and counter productive, never mind plain stupid.

We were unlikely to do as well as we managed last year anyway, and at least this early season form will have given GJ the mandate to rip the team apart and move on with building something better.

Those '20-20' fans out there who say that this was the "obvious" course of action in the summer and that "everyone" except the manager knew we'd be rubbish this year would have been the first to complain if the likes of Trundle, Noble, Orr, Carey and everyone else was cast out in the summer after two years of consistant success, and rightly so.

Now no one is safe. I cannot believe there remains a single player who can guarentee their position at this club posr-January 'sales' and, you know what? Good.

A few more playing for their jobs might prove the ideal catalyst for a committed peformance or two.

Yes you'll still be here, no doubt moaning about whatever manager is in the posistion and talking about the good old days, when GJ was manager.

i cannot believe how people react so you never moan about anything or complain to you win lose or draw everything is perfect because gj says we must believe my advice would be get a mind of your own and do not be afraid to speak it

Yep been there that long as well in the East End watching Liverpool Man U Arsenal in the old 1st div as well as Mansfield Hereford and Rochdale in the 4th Div on a freezing Tuesday night with 3.5k in attendance.I've seen manager good bad and indifferent come and go but one thing I think is you don't sack a manager as a kneejerk reaction like we did with Danny Wilson (who I thought was a decent manager) and you certainly don't sack a manager who has propelled the club to heights they haven't attained in 25 years because of a bad run. Like yourself I've supported the City for well over 30 years and again like you I feel I have earned the right to my opinion. This league is tight again this year and as our poor form has pushed us below half way in the table a good run after Christmas can send us flying once more. Here through thick and thin loyal regardless

So much for always believing. A bad run and suddenly you want gj out. If you look at where he's got us in a few years, it's stupid wanting him out. Don't be Premier League fans and sack your manager every few months, gj will get us out of this. Wait for the transfer window and some new players.

1- GJ should NOT go.........BUT.......

2- There can be NO excuses WHATSOEVER in January, we don't have to spend millions, other teams get good players on loan, we MUST do the same otherwise we will be back in CCL1 at the end of the season.

3- NO excuses regarding wages/team spirit/loyalty/not right in the haed/I wasn't sure etc etc....JUST GET THE PLAYERS IN.......and at the start of January NOT the end.

4- And after getting the 4 or 5 players we so desperately need, change the TACTICS and we will survive, do nothing and we WILL go down.

BCAGFC

So much for always believing. A bad run and suddenly you want gj out. If you look at where he's got us in a few years, it's stupid wanting him out. Don't be Premier League fans and sack your manager every few months, gj will get us out of this. Wait for the transfer window and some new players.

i will post no more on the subject and wait til january but do you honestly believe he will rip this squad apart because i will believe it when i see it the only one that would do that in january would be a new manager ,don't forget this is gjs squad and i don't believe he will admit that his players arent good enough because that would be admitting hes made mistakes and he never does that

This is almost as bad as when Bristol Boy called for GJ's head after losing the 6th game in a row of the 8 game losing run.

I've just got back from Ipswich and although we were poor, GK has earnt the chance to turn this side around again just like he did the first time.

Or do you want to slip down into league 1 again and play Northampton away?

diferance is last time it wasnt his sqaud but now these r his players and there not playin for him. hes put the pressure on them and himself with these boasts. hes had millions to spend and still not good enuf. if he put his hands up for once would be nice but insted he canes them. his heads grown to big for the door.

i will post no more on the subject and wait til january but do you honestly believe he will rip this squad apart because i will believe it when i see it the only one that would do that in january would be a new manager ,don't forget this is gjs squad and i don't believe he will admit that his players arent good enough because that would be admitting hes made mistakes and he never does that

Not going answer my question then regarding who you would bring in and what they would do to improve things?

Crazy talk.....the same crazy talk when people were calling for his head in his first season and we went on a great run and just missed out on the playoffs. I think he has time to turn things around but he is cutting it fine if we are to get a sniff of the playoffs this years.

We need to keep ourselves close until january, get a qualty midfielder or two or some loan signings and we could end up doing a Hull

Not going answer my question then regarding who you would bring in and what they would do to improve things?

cant be bothered mate ,there are plenty of good managers out there and its a new man who would chop and change the squad come january,personally i don't think the squad is that bad its the man behind them giving out the orders ,one example is mcindoes penalty miss against forest gj said the players decide on the pitch who takes it,now bradley orr wanted it but mcindoe shrugged him off and we all know what happened,now that decision should have been made before the game by the manager,now that caused a rift in the dressing room which lead to an incident on the way back from palace and that leads to bad team spirit

cant be bothered mate ,there are plenty of good managers out there and its a new man who would chop and change the squad come january,personally i don't think the squad is that bad its the man behind them giving out the orders ,one example is mcindoes penalty miss against forest gj said the players decide on the pitch who takes it,now bradley orr wanted it but mcindoe shrugged him off and we all know what happened,now that decision should have been made before the game by the manager,now that caused a rift in the dressing room which lead to an incident on the way back from palace and that leads to bad team spirit

So many you can't name one?

The real reason you can't be bothered is more likely cause you'd have to engage your brain, which judging by the 'quality' of your posting on here is not something you are used to doing.

Go on; have the stones to name just one, or are you a bit of a coward?

Archived