IGNORED

We Must Improve The Squad - Gary

bristolcitysweden

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1480351,00.html

Players must depart to allow us to strengthen the team.

It's now up to the players at the club to fight for the right to stay after January

Why does GJ think that other clubs will be interested in signing our overpaid and underachieving players? Most of them will still be here on Feb 1st.

Why does GJ think that other clubs will be interested in signing our overpaid and underachieving players? Most of them will still be here on Feb 1st.

I'm disagreeing with you on another thread but i must agree with you here. Not sure people will wana sign the likes of Sproule, Skuse, Trundle etc.

I don't think we;ve got any funds to spare, as far as I'm aware in terms of permanant signings its sell before we can buy

It's good that he saying it, however he's said it many times in the past, if nothing else to give players a kick up their backside and to tell them their place at the club is in doubt.

I'm hoping this time he actually means it and we have big squad changes in jan, 4/5 out, 4/5 in, then spend the rest of the season, getting to team to gel and build for the following season for a play-off push.

t's good that he saying it, however he's said it many times in the past, if nothing else to give players a kick up their backside and to tell them their place at the club is in doubt.

I'm hoping this time he actually means it and we have big squad changes in jan, 4/5 out, 4/5 in, then spend the rest of the season, getting to team to gel and build for the following season for a play-off push.

What was interesting that he's had a pop at "senior pro's" for not helping young James Wilson in what was effectively his debut and first experience at this level (i know he played at southampton but it was only 5mins or so) on the bright side, Matt Hill's Debut was us getting battered by Wolves

It's good that he saying it, however he's said it many times in the past, if nothing else to give players a kick up their backside and to tell them their place at the club is in doubt.

Never heard him that low before. Very disappointed with the pros not backing up Wilson when coming on. Fontaine are in serious trouble I think and McCombe might also have his worries. We got that Playzone computer system or whatever it's called. Can it tell what happened during the time we let in those three goals? Work rate must have been piss. The former Tottenham manager is now a hero at Real Madrid. Being a manager is odd business.

Oh thats a suprise, i thought after that performance tonight someone, anyone would get the blame except the man who signs the players and picks the side, maybe one should look at their own performance before laying the blame at the feet of others, just a thought

well its funny u should say that, it wasnt u but someone on this forum was insistant on James Wilson starting against Swansea on Saturday, from what i hear him coming on co-incided with a collapse tonight. Only what i hear, not what i kno. I wonder if the person who wanted Wilson in is gna come and say "i was wrong" i very much doubt it

Just seen this on the BBC.......

Bristol City manager Gary Johnson:

"I was pleased with the way we started but that was it. They were just very poor after half-time.

"I would like to be able to say it was something I said and it was my fault but it wasn't.

"It's very poor to let in three goals in the space of seven minutes. It's poor defending. It was a poor day."

WE started well, but THEY were Poor.

oh and it wasn't his fault.

well its funny u should say that, it wasnt u but someone on this forum was insistant on James Wilson starting against Swansea on Saturday, from what i hear him coming on co-incided with a collapse tonight. Only what i hear, not what i kno. I wonder if the person who wanted Wilson in is gna come and say "i was wrong" i very much doubt it

Absolutely nothing to do with JW coming on for Carey according to the radio commentator on Radio Bristol.

Absolutely nothing to do with JW coming on for Carey according to the radio commentator on Radio Bristol.

if this wasnt the case i apologise sincerly to James, I'm sure he has a great future at the club, i just somehow think it wudnt have happend with Carey on the pitch.

Despite this, it was more an illustration of how people on the forum can be so fickle

I listened to the game and saw all the goals on sky and Wilson was not at fault for any of them the bad deffending come from the senior pros on show tonight and also the midfield not providing support down the left

if this wasnt the case i apologise sincerly to James, I'm sure he has a great future at the club, i just somehow think it wudnt have happend with Carey on the pitch.

Despite this, it was more an illustration of how people on the forum can be so fickle

watching the goals on sky, he can't really be held responsible for any off them, McCombe, Fontaine and McIdnoe on the other hand.....and with 2 defensive midfielders in elliott and skuse..........where were they

I listened to the game and saw all the goals on sky and Wilson was not at fault for any of them the bad deffending come from the senior pros on show tonight and also the midfield not providing support down the left

Do you know i think you have hit the nail right on the head sir, i am sure i have seen one or two posts on here regarding our midfield, i wonder if GJ knows :noexpression:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1480351,00.html

Players must depart to allow us to strengthen the team.

It's now up to the players at the club to fight for the right to stay after January

Today is December the 11th. January is 3 weeks away. Players shouldn;t have to fight for their right to stay in January. As Manager, GJ should know now which players he will release and which are good enough to stay. To say that there is still a chance to fight for your place suggests to me that he hasn't made these decisions which therefore implies indecision which shouldn't be the case at this stage of the season.

Haven't read the article, but if this is true it isn't good. Equally, the players that should be going are those that have had regular spots all season and are therefore in part, responsible for where we are in the league. The Manager will be staying so we must look to these consistent non performers.

Who are the consistent non performers this season?

As I said in a previous post, 5 months to late!!

I'd actually argue that it was 12 months too late - many people like myself thought we should have gone balls out and strengthened a patently waning team somehow last January.

That was history however and lessons were hopefully learned about the real qualioty of the squad - but apparently not.

GJ should change and improve a lot of things but if I were SL i'd be a bit nervous about entrusting yet more funds with his manager.

Lets hope other teams perform even worse than we do, because I can't see where the next good result is coming from - a continued run of effectively 1 point from 6 isn't likely to keep us in this league.

I'd actually argue that it was 12 months too late - many people like myself thought we should have gone balls out and strengthened a patently waning team somehow last January.

That was history however and lessons were hopefully learned about the real qualioty of the squad - but apparently not.

GJ should change and improve a lot of things but if I were SL i'd be a bit nervous about entrusting yet more funds with his manager.

Lets hope other teams perform even worse than we do, because I can't see where the next good result is coming from - a continued run of effectively 1 point from 6 isn't likely to keep us in this league.

I don't disagree with you because I did hope he would strengthen at the time you talk about but GJ chose to be loyal to his players and half belief in them which is also an option (prob. the best option would have been somewhere inbetween but isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!!) and in fairness an option that got us so close to the prem anyway he will leran from the last season and will get it right eventually - he's got us this far he can get us further :fingerscrossed:

Today is December the 11th. January is 3 weeks away. Players shouldn;t have to fight for their right to stay in January. As Manager, GJ should know now which players he will release and which are good enough to stay. To say that there is still a chance to fight for your place suggests to me that he hasn't made these decisions which therefore implies indecision which shouldn't be the case at this stage of the season.

Haven't read the article, but if this is true it isn't good. Equally, the players that should be going are those that have had regular spots all season and are therefore in part, responsible for where we are in the league. The Manager will be staying so we must look to these consistent non performers.

Who are the consistent non performers this season?

So are you saying that GJ should say that players x,y and z will be leaving in January? Given that he probably has to play them between now and then surely it's better to say, Look, you've not been playing up to scratch - you have until January to prove me wrong?

I think we have to be careful not to believe everything that the manager says in public - players read the papers too you know.

So are you saying that GJ should say that players x,y and z will be leaving in January? Given that he probably has to play them between now and then surely it's better to say, Look, you've not been playing up to scratch - you have until January to prove me wrong?

I think we have to be careful not to believe everything that the manager says in public - players read the papers too you know.

Good point!!!.....he may jus tbe using the media to kick a few into shape.......Jan will tell???

Guest RobbieTurner

The majority of ones he wants to get rid of willgo, don't kid yourself Andy. How many times when we were in League did you look at players playing in teams that weren't doing well, but still fancy signing a few ofem..? Exactly - the status of the team doesn't stop managers signin individuals.

Well Gary J once again tells us he needs to improve the squad, Or is he trying to wind up the fans and players even more,

The players have under performed all season and so has Mr Johnson,

Surely its not rocket science that we have needed more quality in this side, to me this should of happened in the summer. The management team took to long trying to sign players, dithered over the eygpt guy, then sign him, then pete johnson says he would of been hard work what with never having played outside of his home country, ramadam, and holidays he wanted.....Well thats all well and good Pete but you did actually sign the bloody kid after wasting 6 months following him, surely you new all those things before he sat in the willaims for a photo. We then sign a crock (williams) ex yeovil. Then for cover we sign bloody webster who hasnt played for 2 years, (Oh I forgot he played 1 bloody game) what a watse of money.

The decsions being made this season on and off the pitch have been very poor,

IMO over the next months in the jan window or in the summer........GJ needs to be positive, if he is not going to play Noble or Trundle then at least try and player exchange them or sell them, they will be wanted by other clubs. Orr, and Maccalister can go, sproule, lee johnson, williams, stern john, wilson, maccombe...

Lets all hope GJ is just not bloody talking it all up again and actually starts to change this team for the good.

exact . our regular season form in 2008 has been average at best. anyone got the exact figures for league games this year to date??

the problems have been there for ages. a good show v palace in the PO's has masked alot of the problems.

alot of our players havent been performing for longer than just this last few months.

Archived