IGNORED

Lack Of Confidence Lack Of Creativity And Lack Of Quality

redrob

We currentl sit 5 points off 20h place and while I do not think we are as poor as teams like Doncaster we have to be concerned that eams like Norwich, Watford, Southampton, Derby al seem more likely to pick up points through draws and maybe sneek a win thatn we do.

Las night was IMO an avergage 1st half perfomance when you conider that we were playing what many Ipswich fans (and non-biased West Ham supporting Coppers) were calling an average mid-table Ipswich team alcking confidence.

Dream start with early goal.. well done Stern John, Maynard, Elliott and Ivn for some good counte attacking link up play.

Could have been 2-0 if Nicky had shot across keeper...

But coul have ben 4-1 had Basso not been on top form.

SECOND HALF

Where do i start Whatever G said at half time must have been like a bomb going off. Carey came off to be replaced by Wilson. Wilson is highly rated but it was clear that Counago and Sted had the better of McCombe and Carey wining more headers and generally drawing fouls against our boys left righ and centre.

Wlson was in hoesty given the run around by stead and was out of position gifting Stead an easy header to set up Walters who had managed to get behind Fonts.

Then comes 'Silly Season'.

McCombe must have taken his contacts ot as he became even worse at picing up his man and constantly chased shadows.

Lack of communication between Basso and Def (not for the first time in the game led to us gifting a second goal to Ipswich.

From then on we looked all at sea.

However biggest concerns for me are:

Lack of creatvitiy going forward.

Mcindoe always comes inside and has no right foot?

Sproule is like forest gump give him the ball and he runs away from everyone including his own players (althogh he did hae 10 minutes of confdet running last night)

Skuse and Elliott is not the answer to the lack of creatiity in the middle and I fear we wlill never see a creative maverick midfielder under GJ. Creative Midfielder needs to be employed either from curent squad or from outside

Defence

Brian Wilson is not a full back. I lmost payer cammed him last night and jotted dow the number of times he was caught out of position. Lost count at 23! McCombe does this anyway and is always having to catch up after his marker and we cannot afford two Def who cannot mark or have any positonal sense.

McCombe is definatly out of his depth agasint the movement at this level.

We have no cover for either side now with ribero out and Orr going. Urgently need new RB and cover at LB plus McCombe at most squad player

Wingers

Sproule is not good enough, McIndoe insists on coming inside all the time. this gives us such a narrow shape. Ironically, last night our best opprtunities came when we delvired driven crosses from near the by-line such as the Stern Goal and the chance trundle had towards the end after Fonts crossed. Wingers who played wide are urgently required for me Maybe play mcindoe in the middle as creative midfielder?

Welcome your thoughts.

Perhaps we can utlise the loan system in January to give us what we need in some areas?

Lets hope we see an impovement before then and I hope Gj rallies the troops to get by until january.

We currentl sit 5 points off 20h place and while I do not think we are as poor as teams like Doncaster we have to be concerned that eams like Norwich, Watford, Southampton, Derby al seem more likely to pick up points through draws and maybe sneek a win thatn we do.

Las night was IMO an avergage 1st half perfomance when you conider that we were playing what many Ipswich fans (and non-biased West Ham supporting Coppers) were calling an average mid-table Ipswich team alcking confidence.

Dream start with early goal.. well done Stern John, Maynard, Elliott and Ivn for some good counte attacking link up play.

Could have been 2-0 if Nicky had shot across keeper...

But coul have ben 4-1 had Basso not been on top form.

SECOND HALF

Where do i start Whatever G said at half time must have been like a bomb going off. Carey came off to be replaced by Wilson. Wilson is highly rated but it was clear that Counago and Sted had the better of McCombe and Carey wining more headers and generally drawing fouls against our boys left righ and centre.

Wlson was in hoesty given the run around by stead and was out of position gifting Stead an easy header to set up Walters who had managed to get behind Fonts.

Then comes 'Silly Season'.

McCombe must have taken his contacts ot as he became even worse at picing up his man and constantly chased shadows.

Lack of communication between Basso and Def (not for the first time in the game led to us gifting a second goal to Ipswich.

From then on we looked all at sea.

However biggest concerns for me are:

Lack of creatvitiy going forward.

Mcindoe always comes inside and has no right foot?

Sproule is like forest gump give him the ball and he runs away from everyone including his own players (althogh he did hae 10 minutes of confdet running last night)

Skuse and Elliott is not the answer to the lack of creatiity in the middle and I fear we wlill never see a creative maverick midfielder under GJ. Creative Midfielder needs to be employed either from curent squad or from outside

Defence

Brian Wilson is not a full back. I lmost payer cammed him last night and jotted dow the number of times he was caught out of position. Lost count at 23! McCombe does this anyway and is always having to catch up after his marker and we cannot afford two Def who cannot mark or have any positonal sense.

McCombe is definatly out of his depth agasint the movement at this level.

We have no cover for either side now with ribero out and Orr going. Urgently need new RB and cover at LB plus McCombe at most squad player

Wingers

Sproule is not good enough, McIndoe insists on coming inside all the time. this gives us such a narrow shape. Ironically, last night our best opprtunities came when we delvired driven crosses from near the by-line such as the Stern Goal and the chance trundle had towards the end after Fonts crossed. Wingers who played wide are urgently required for me Maybe play mcindoe in the middle as creative midfielder?

Welcome your thoughts.

Perhaps we can utlise the loan system in January to give us what we need in some areas?

Lets hope we see an impovement before then and I hope Gj rallies the troops to get by until january.

Very True i agree with you

Could be a Relagation Battle this Season unless we either get

Some decent players.By that i mean ones with Lots of Prem experince

Or our players start playing like play off finalst,s

Archived