IGNORED

Some Thoughts..

LoyalRed

I read this forum quite often, usually after a game and then during the build up to the next season and during the summer when every fan thinks they know which player would be best to buy, but I don't often post.

Let me remind you back to when Gary Johnson took over and we had 9 defeats on the trot. He managed to pull it around back then and get us within touching distance of the playoffs, just missing out on the final game of the season when we were sat rock bottom of the table in Xmas that season. If there is one person that can get us out of this situation it is GJ. He is best in adversity and will know doubt hammer it out of the players that they are not as good as they thought they were and were riding on the crest of a wave last season following promotion the season before.

Ok, we did fantastically well last season and we were all very proud of the team, the manager and to be Bristol City supporters...dampened only by an old git scoring against us in the final and the the Swindon/Sags putting banners up on the M4/M32.

This should now be a time where we stick together, get behind both the manager, the manager's team selection and the players. For the most part of this season, the team, manager, fans have been living off what they achieved last season and thought they could just do that again, but go one better this season. Unfortunately football isn't like that and as soon as you get complacent you are in trouble. Just look at Watford! Luckily for us, we still have our manager. We are in a relegation fight at this moment in time and the form is not good but GJ "WILL" turn it around as he has done so before.

I read this forum quite often, usually after a game and then during the build up to the next season and during the summer when every fan thinks they know which player would be best to buy, but I don't often post.

Let me remind you back to when Gary Johnson took over and we had 9 defeats on the trot. He managed to pull it around back then and get us within touching distance of the playoffs, just missing out on the final game of the season when we were sat rock bottom of the table in Xmas that season. If there is one person that can get us out of this situation it is GJ. He is best in adversity and will know doubt hammer it out of the players that they are not as good as they thought they were and were riding on the crest of a wave last season following promotion the season before.

Ok, we did fantastically well last season and we were all very proud of the team, the manager and to be Bristol City supporters...dampened only by an old git scoring against us in the final and the the Swindon/Sags putting banners up on the M4/M32.

This should now be a time where we stick together, get behind both the manager, the manager's team selection and the players. For the most part of this season, the team, manager, fans have been living off what they achieved last season and thought they could just do that again, but go one better this season. Unfortunately football isn't like that and as soon as you get complacent you are in trouble. Just look at Watford! Luckily for us, we still have our manager. We are in a relegation fight at this moment in time and the form is not good but GJ "WILL" turn it around as he has done so before.

I admire your faith, but if one single lesson has been learned over the past few months then it has to be that faith doesn`t have any place in modern football. If you are quoted as pushing for promotion then your actions have to speak as loudly as your words.

GJ `MAY` turn this around, but not with the current squad of players and not this season, that boat sailed away a long time ago.

If your going to have faith, then have faith that GJ has the strength to call a spade a spade and gradually clear out those that are not up to the standard required. Have faith that he has the neccessary network and connections to identify the players needed to build the squad that will, in future, rise to the challenge of competing at the top of this league. Have faith that Steve Lansdown will continue to back the club and GJ the way he has done.

Yes, luckily we still have our manager, luckily for him there`s no one better to take his place. You can`t keep living in the past on old glories. Football is all about now and the future i`m afraid. GJ has a 2nd chance to show if he`s got what it takes. Faith has nothing to do with it.

PDG

Archived