IGNORED

R-e-s-p-e-c-t

headhunter

Listening to GJ's post match comments last night he again used the phrase when referring to areas to strengthen in January, "... must not disrespect those already here".

I am sick of hearing / reading comments along these lines as a justification for a miserable attempt at strengthening the squad this past 12 months.

Is GJ incapable of running a dressing room where some people might be less than happy? He's lucky that the likes of Noble and Trundle have not thrown their toys out of the pram by now looking at the way they appear to be treated.

Another post on this forum makes reference to the fact that with one or two exceptions Phil Brown has shown very little RESEPCT to the squad that put them where they are now. Even the guy that scored the goal that put them in the Prem has been restricted to barely a handful of cameo appearances.

13500 season tickets were bought in the summer as we respected and believed the comments of GJ AND SL that having just missed out we were really going to go for it this campaign and the squad would be strengthened. Which ever way you look at it we were sold down the river. Yes, £2.25m for Maynard is a big sum but when you have limited funds you don't get buy an investment [that's the sort of money Liverpool might gamble] you get proven quality at the level you are already operating at. No one can deny that the squad is weaker now than 12 months ago. Stern John = Dele Adebola, both good pros but past their sell by date.

How about us fans being shown some respect then by transfer activity in January that inspires us rather than leaving us feeling flat and depressed? I won't hold my breath!!!!

Season ticket sales for 09/10? Anything over 8500 and we'll have done well.

If we go down (and it's still IF, not WHEN), season ticket sales won't even reach 8,500.

IF we go down ST ales will be dependant upon price. so message to SL = don't be silly if we do go down. bite the bullet and offer at least 25% reductions, and fill up the EE. stick you head in teh sand and try and rip people off and we will end up with 6000 or 7000 ST holders. i wont be paying £435 to watch league one football. and even the biggest happy clapper must admit its a possibility after 8 wins in the last 33 league games.

Listening to GJ's post match comments last night he again used the phrase when referring to areas to strengthen in January, "... must not disrespect those already here".

I am sick of hearing / reading comments along these lines as a justification for a miserable attempt at strengthening the squad this past 12 months.

Is GJ incapable of running a dressing room where some people might be less than happy? He's lucky that the likes of Noble and Trundle have not thrown their toys out of the pram by now looking at the way they appear to be treated.

Another post on this forum makes reference to the fact that with one or two exceptions Phil Brown has shown very little RESEPCT to the squad that put them where they are now. Even the guy that scored the goal that put them in the Prem has been restricted to barely a handful of cameo appearances.

13500 season tickets were bought in the summer as we respected and believed the comments of GJ AND SL that having just missed out we were really going to go for it this campaign and the squad would be strengthened. Which ever way you look at it we were sold down the river. Yes, £2.25m for Maynard is a big sum but when you have limited funds you don't get buy an investment [that's the sort of money Liverpool might gamble] you get proven quality at the level you are already operating at. No one can deny that the squad is weaker now than 12 months ago. Stern John = Dele Adebola, both good pros but past their sell by date.

How about us fans being shown some respect then by transfer activity in January that inspires us rather than leaving us feeling flat and depressed? I won't hold my breath!!!!

Season ticket sales for 09/10? Anything over 8500 and we'll have done well.

Great post have to say I agree with the bulk of what you've got in there.

Archived