IGNORED

Ipswich Appeal Bruce Red..

awilko

Ipswich Town have launched an appeal to the Football Association over the sending-off of Alex Bruce during Wednesday's 3-1 win over Bristol City.

The defender was dismissed following a tackle on City striker Nicky Maynard and faces a four-match ban if the appeal is unsuccessful.

Bruce, 24, told the club's website: "It wasn't a two footed challenge, I didn't lunge at the player."

The appeal will be heard by the Football Association on Friday

Ipswich Town have launched an appeal to the Football Association over the sending-off of Alex Bruce during Wednesday's 3-1 win over Bristol City.

The defender was dismissed following a tackle on City striker Nicky Maynard and faces a four-match ban if the appeal is unsuccessful.

Bruce, 24, told the club's website: "It wasn't a two footed challenge, I didn't lunge at the player."

The appeal will be heard by the Football Association on Friday

It disgusts me when some players and clubs have the nerve to appeal following a Red card, I apreciate in some incidents officials can make mistakes but from what I saw it was a brutal tackle and Alex Bruce should get a suspension.

And your right he should get an extra game ban for the stupid appeal!

Last year Aliadiere of Middlesbrough got an extra game added to his ban because the FA decided his appeal was "frivolous". Here's hoping they do the same with this character, who, as mentioned, does have previous with us.

Frivolous, thats the word i was looking for!!!

Bruce and his club are having a giraffe??? Really do hope he gets another match added on for wasting the FA's time? Also someone should look at the way in which Ipswich have conducted themselves as a club this season? First of all we had the vile David Norris affair for which it appeared that the club gave him a slight slap over the wrist whilst the rest of decent folk were outraged now it appears they are supporting a thug???

Sir Bobby Robson and all the good he stood for appears to have long since gone sadly.

Wasnt he red carded against us whilst playin for Tranmere at AG for being a dirty bastard?

Seem to think of him as a pretty nasty player.

Certainly remember him doing something against us at AG, Not sure if he was sent off or had a argument with a fan or something.

Serves him right, the tackle its self was plain stupid but appealing it was even dafter.

thought it was a shocking tackle at 3.1 up it was just designed to hurt someone. did anyone else notice the lack of reaction from the city players thought it was a bit of a reflection of the low morale/ team spirt at the mo as if that would have happened last season there would have been a mellay of players waiting to knock his block off and rightly so.

shows were not all pulling together a bit anyone else notice that??

Ha ha ha ha JUSTICE, lost appeal given an extra game so will now be suspended for four games!!!!!

Not quite.

Ban upheld, no extra game. It was 4 games anyway because it's his second red this season.

They should have added an extra one to make it 5 because if that appeal wasn't laughable I don't know what would be.

Archived