IGNORED

No Student/u21 Prices For Sheff Weds

gater2

So frustrating that there are no discount prices for this saturday. I know clubs need lots of money to keep up costs, but surely fans (not just students, but it's pronounced for me, a student, this saturday) are being priced out of games. I went to an AC Milan game last season for €7, and I will have paid £46 as a student for two (Ipswich and Sheff Weds) second English tier matches.. I hear it's as cheap as about €7 in Germany and Spain for top flight matches as well..

I went to the milan derby at the San Siro a few years back and it only cost me €11, its probably a lot to do with the fact italian and spanish clubs struggle to get big crowds and the cheap prices are the only wya they can get bums on seats. The championship is i think 4th or 5th best supported league in europe, clubs in England know that fans are loyal and will come in some cases no matter what the cost.

But i think football in England is coming to a head, attendences are slowing decreasing and the championship attendences this week were very poor (only 16,000 at reading for example) i wouldnt be suprised to see clubs like Sheffield Wednesday with big stadiums dropping prices to get more in.

Archived