IGNORED

Gavin Wiliams The Best

Mr Gow

Just watched the clip on BBC points West on Terry Skiverton being at Yeovil for a decade, i was rather interested to hear Skiverton say that the best midfilder he's ever played with is Gavin Williams, your thoughts please

What does Skiverton know?

They should ask Robin from Wincanton !

Amazing how some of you can judge a player, who hasn't even been given an opportunity of a decent run in his actual position!

Give him a run of five games in centre midfield and see what he creates.......best centre midfielder at the club....by a distance.

ummm.......how can you judge that if you haven't seen him in his best position

Amazing how some of you can judge a player, who hasn't even been given an opportunity of a decent run in his actual position!

Give him a run of five games in centre midfield and see what he creates.......best centre midfielder at the club....by a distance.

Totally agree, he has to be given at LEAST a run of 5 or 6 games in central midfield before we can judge him. He seems to be turning into another Noble, GJ seems to not fancy him which is a suprise consdidering he knows him very well from his days at Yeovil.

I personally think he is the best midfielder at the club.

Judging him from his Ipswhich and West ham days i still think when fit and raring to go he is the best creative midfilder we have. Magiliton and many Ipswhich fans thought he was the best midfielder in terms of techicall ability they had, the only problem was he keept getting injured.

It seems that I, unlike your good self, have seen him countless times in his best position, playing for for Ipswich, Yeovil and West Ham and I can assure you that this chap is quality and would run our midfield and attack, given the opportunity, which is surely why GJ bought him. SO why he is now not playing him is bizarre in the extreme!

I agree, he's by far our most talented CM and is wasted playing cameos out wide.

It seems that I, unlike your good self, have seen him countless times in his best position, playing for for Ipswich, Yeovil and West Ham and I can assure you that this chap is quality and would run our midfield and attack, given the opportunity, which is surely why GJ bought him. SO why he is now not playing him is bizarre in the extreme!

all before injury

so far he's shown nothing to prove he is the same player

all before injury

so far he's shown nothing to prove he is the same player

Given a run in the team I'm sure we would start to see the type of player he was at Ipswhich and West Ham, at the moment he is living off scraps, an odd appearence here and there is not going to help somebody settle.

I agree, he's by far our most talented CM and is wasted playing cameos out wide.

Totally agree with that, tackles hard and passes well when on form....but for some strange reason GJ dosnt give him that chance and play him in there.....I wonder why that is??? :tumbleweed:

Guest ashtonyate
Given a run in the team I'm sure we would start to see the type of player he was at Ipswhich and West Ham, at the moment he is living off scraps, an odd appearence here and there is not going to help somebody settle.

If you read this forum the forwards do not get the right ball played to them the midfield players playing in the wrong position the defence need to have the midfield playing deep to help them defend.

Their are two possible reasons for this the manager is not doing his job properly or the players are not good enough,professional footballer should be able to play in most position if needed.

Archived